Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rap fans; My album has FINALLY dropped « previous next »
Page: 1 2

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
: October 30, 2013, 06:32:12 PM

I just thought Id post it here to let you guys know that after 3 and a half years of recording, writing, obtaining sample clearance problems, artwork issues, and everything else that got thrown at me, my album finally dropped last week. Its available on iTunes. For fans in Canada, this is the link; https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/where-!m-at/id723974441 to it. Unfortunately Im not able to pull up the American link to post. If you search N!ck Freddy, or Where !'m At, it will pop up though. Yes, both of the I's are ! marks. You can also go to www.reverbnation.com/nckfreddy and listen to the entire thing (instead of just the iTunes previews) to check it out before you buy it if you decide youd like to. I hope some of you will at the very least look into it and support a fellow #BucNation member that way, even if you decide against buying it. Any input would also be much appreciated. Most of the recording was done about one and a half years ago, and Ive already got the arsenal restocked with new, different, more mature material for a new record, but had to get this one out first. Anyways, I hope to hear your comments on it, and hope to gain a couple fans, if not some sales. Just thought Id let you guys know about it. Thanks in advance to anyone who may help me further my career a little bit. Much respect for that.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 30, 2013, 07:36:40 PM

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#2 : October 30, 2013, 07:41:08 PM

Know what I'm sayin...(nice TPB shoutout)

Hey GermanBuc, good luck with your album and career, that's cool to get that out there.  Haven't been into rap for many years now, but enjoyed listening to a couple of your songs.  Keep at 'em.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#3 : October 31, 2013, 02:48:05 AM

Thanks BOTM. I dont blame you for not listening to rap nowadays, most of its garbage. Nobody says anything about value, which is something I really try to keep in sight when I write my rhymes. I write about my life experiences, things I myself, or people around me have been through that Ive watched them struggle with. Now its all money, **CENSORED**es, whips, bottles, being up in the club, etc.  Theres only a handfull of good MCs out now. Eminem, Chief Wakil (a friend of mine) and B.o.B come to mind. Really looking forward to those 3 albums in this last 2013 qtr. On the topic of B.o.B, I remember back about 5 or 6 years ago right before he got signed he refused to work with me. He said he didnt think I was serious enough. I had just started recording, and was doing it in my bedroom on a **CENSORED**ty mic hanging from my light as I didnt even have a mic stand. That was tough to do as if I put any kind of energy in it the mic would start swinging back and forth and Id have to try to move with it to keep the levels the same. A year or two later, he was a mega star. My goal is to one day work on a track with him and incorporate the line "I remember when B.o.B didnt wanna work with me" in some way.
: October 31, 2013, 02:49:40 AM germcanbuc

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#4 : November 01, 2013, 06:10:41 PM

Your comments make you sound ignorant,but good luck I'll try to check it out.
: November 01, 2013, 06:30:46 PM bucsquad

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#5 : November 04, 2013, 03:17:24 AM

Your comments make you sound ignorant,but good luck I'll try to check it out.

Which comments exactly? Do you mean my posts on these boards?

LuckyLarry

Starter

#6 : November 14, 2013, 03:59:22 PM

It's cool you want to make music.   But why choose rap?    Seems a waste of time.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#7 : November 15, 2013, 12:26:14 AM

@BucTodd

Honestly, I didnt get into rap until I was about 13. Eminem dropped and I got hooked into at the very least, his form of it. I was raised on pop, and my earliest memories are of singing and dancing and of wanting to do music. Ive known since before I was knee high that my calling was music, it was just a matter of what avenue to take. I wanted to be a Backstreet Boy (who over the years Ive had the pleasure of getting to know very well. Say what you want about their brand of music, but theyre actually really nice guys, and Nick Carter is a HUGE Bucs fan......Maybe someday we can buy the team together and right this ship.....), well actually a New Kid (BSB wasnt around yet). The reason I "chose" (although it really chose me) rap was because it gave me an outlet like I had never had before. I can write you some of the best pop tracks ever on my piano but the words wont come to me. The music will. With rap its different. You can say ALOT more with 16 bars (your standard verse in ANY song of ANY genre) while rapping than you can in a pop song. Im also gifted in music and linguistics, which makes rap that much more appealing as I know the skill is there. I was always confident in my ability, even when my rhymes/voice sucked. Theyve gotten better over time, and I finally found my voice a couple years ago. I am now starting to branch out into the production side of things however (I had started but got derailed a little). I just moved 1200 kms (after getting moved 2500 last year by my label at the time), but once I get set up with an apartment, I will start making tracks and sending them out to artists/labels etc to try my hand at producing (or at least beat/track manufacturing. Boi 1da, a Toronto kid whos blown up in the industry doesnt produce his own stuff because he cant mix. Hell make the beat, engineer everything, and then send it off for mixing and mastering). Its cutthroat, it really is (Ive been signed and dropped multiple times now as an artist), but when you love doing it, its never work. I love rapping at this point, if for no other reason than the fact that it gives me an outlet to get rid of my frustrations with anything I may be dealing with, as well as giving me self-confidence. I am however starting to gain steam with it, as an artist, having opened for a few big name acts in the industry (Xzibit being the biggest  I can think of that you would recognize last year, although theres some other guys alot of people wont know of unless they follow rap that Ive opened for ie; A$AP Rocky, Ace Hood etc) while gaining some clout in rap circles. Like I stated earlier, rap nowadays sucks. I feel like my brand is completely different from anything you hear now, same as how when Eminem came out 15 years ago, it was something completely new and fresh.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 16, 2013, 06:53:23 PM

I enjoyed it GCB.

It's upbeat and inspirational. I like what you have done with the piano as well.

I am looking forward to your new material. Make sure you post it here.

Cheers.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

MSU_Fan

Starter

#9 : November 16, 2013, 08:20:33 PM

I've always been more of a rock guy and I could take the selfish route and say that nobody has been checking out my Wolfman review. (http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1309941.0.html) that I've spent SO long on, so I won't be checking out this but...Gotta support the Pewter Report community. Besides, some rap is good. I'll listen to the song. :)
: November 16, 2013, 08:22:20 PM MSU_Fan

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 18, 2013, 01:14:40 PM

sample clearance problems?

that right there tells me all I need to know...

is it uncool to come up with your own music in the rap world, why must rappers always rely on work from others to make their own careers?

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#11 : January 01, 2014, 11:03:10 PM

I have no issues using all original material, but there's certain songs I've always loved that I wanted to incorporate into my own music.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 12, 2014, 12:46:10 AM

Honestly that was awful and I listen to rap daily. Sorry man but that was just plain awful.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#13 : January 14, 2014, 04:25:47 PM

Samari; everyone is entitled to their opinions. That's the first bad thing I've heard from anyone and I've been wondering when it was gonna finally happen, coz honestly, now listening to it, I completely agree, but Ima still push it and strive to make the next one better. I'm glad it's finally over with. Thank you. Also, what kind of rap do you listen to as that could play a part in what you think. Ex; if somebody's listen strictly to gangsta rap, they're gonna hate my **CENSORED** coz its the furthest thing from it.
: January 14, 2014, 04:28:07 PM germcanbuc

gone

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 14, 2014, 08:36:25 PM

Well, I just tried to listen to it and you aren't there on the reverb nation place, getting a 404.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rap fans; My album has FINALLY dropped « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools