Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: anyone else not impressed by the ps4 « previous next »
Page: 1

eoebucco23

Rookie

: November 17, 2013, 12:18:02 PM

I've played Madden 25 for PS4 yesterday and I don't see the hype. Madden is a terrible game though either way. I probably will end up buying a PS4 when MLB The Show 14 comes out because that series is the best gaming series ever made since  MVP Baseball 2005. But the PS4 isn't anything really special like the PS3 was at launch. The big thing about the new console  is the ability to share videos and gameplay, but most of my friends are in my head or older folks that could careless about watching me play a video game. Then the other big feature is how you can switch between videos and gameplay and other screens which is meh... I guess it's good for those with short attention. On the plus side, the controller is a huge upgrade. The graphics don't look too different from the PS3, but that's usually the case for the first batch of games for  the new generation and probably why EA didn't release any actual game footage prior to launch.  Then comes the new console launch bugs and glitches http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-serious-are-the-ps4-s-blue-light-of-death-and-broken-hardware-reports/1100-6416222/

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 17, 2013, 12:39:33 PM

Why would you buy something you aren't impressed with?  I would suggest sticking with Microsoft since you are trying to convince yourself otherwise. 

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#2 : November 17, 2013, 01:01:46 PM

EA Sports makes me cringe.  They haven't put a considerable effort into a Madden game in almost a decade.  Madden isn't a great game to judge graphics on the new system.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 17, 2013, 02:37:31 PM

Play 2k14 before you judge the graphics. Not sure why anyone would already be judging a console since it just came out and typically launch games are crappy anyways. Madden 25 for PS4 is complete crap and I may return it to Walmart for a different Xbox One game.

eoebucco23

Rookie

#4 : November 17, 2013, 02:49:16 PM

Play 2k14 before you judge the graphics. Not sure why anyone would already be judging a console since it just came out and typically launch games are crappy anyways. Madden 25 for PS4 is complete crap and I may return it to Walmart for a different Xbox One game.

I acknowledge that. I'm saying the console just isn't as exciting or revolutionary as previous generation upgrades.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 17, 2013, 04:15:22 PM

Dez Bryant likes the PS4.

Marquis Rodgers @MRodgers2405
Follow
Damn, @DezBryant just bought whoever was in line at a Walmart in Dallas a PS4.
8:51 PM - 14 Nov 2013

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

eoebucco23

Rookie

#6 : November 17, 2013, 04:36:00 PM

Dez Bryant likes the PS4.

Marquis Rodgers @MRodgers2405
Follow
Damn, @DezBryant just bought whoever was in line at a Walmart in Dallas a PS4.
8:51 PM - 14 Nov 2013

lol nice nice

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#7 : November 17, 2013, 04:46:05 PM

Typically it takes time for developers to reach the potential of the hardware.

Compare games that came out this year for the xbox 360 or ps3 to the ones when they launched.

There will be a considerable difference eventually.

MSU_Fan

Starter

#8 : November 17, 2013, 05:05:57 PM

I'll have to wait for Angry Joe's response on whether it's good or not before I make a decision.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 18, 2013, 12:25:57 PM

Glad I held out buying this or the Xbox one. Leaning toward the xbox now after reading this

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: anyone else not impressed by the ps4 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools