Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ron Jaworski: Bucs have no reason to draft a QB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#45 : November 02, 2013, 06:47:47 PM

Glennon has shown that he is probably best suited for a West Coast offensive scheme. He is a system guy.

I hated the Gruden west coast crap hole offense and I dislike watching Glennon run it as well.

I don't care who is here next year but if their plan is to start Glennon they are screwing up.

Glennon would need to show that he can do more than just dink and dunk if you want to try to even have the discussion about him being a starter in 2014.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#46 : November 03, 2013, 12:13:09 AM

Mr. Jaworski...please. if you would be so kind as to take your finger, first of all---good--Now, assuming you have no idea of the mental anguish this season has caused, and have no comprehension of how unique this class is, and how badly we need, and have needed, a great QB in addition to the fact we have tried many prospects like Glennon for years and need a sure thing....Well Mr. Jaworski,  if that isn't enough for you, then I want you to take that finger. and what i'd like you to do with it is stick it FIRMLY into a live electrical  socket. I think then you'll get the gist of my feelings as far as that goes.

#TankTimeForTampa
So just exactly who is the "sure thing" and how do you know that he is?

I have seen no QB in the upcoming draft class that I know "for sure" is any better than Glennon.  There are players that are performing well at the college level that appear to possess the traits to succeed in the NFL, but there are no "sure things". .....as history has shown.
Peyton and Luck. That's about it in the modern era. Damn the colts

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#47 : November 03, 2013, 12:33:15 AM

I like Glennon.  I think he makes some impressive throws.  You can tell he knows whats going on out there.  He's had only 4 starts and certainly shows promise.  The truth is this.  In order for us not to draft a QB with our first pick...It's up to him.  He needs to win enough games to move us out of the Teddy and Mariotta range.  Thats it. plain and simple. period. end of story.

You nailed it. Brilliant post

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#48 : November 03, 2013, 01:51:08 AM

I don't believe anything Jaws says.

He's full of hot air, and I would be absolutely pissed if somehow he became the next HC.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#49 : November 03, 2013, 06:11:59 AM

I like Glennon.  I think he makes some impressive throws.  You can tell he knows whats going on out there.  He's had only 4 starts and certainly shows promise.  The truth is this.  In order for us not to draft a QB with our first pick...It's up to him.  He needs to win enough games to move us out of the Teddy and Mariotta range.  Thats it. plain and simple. period. end of story.

You nailed it. Brilliant post

Good point. But this still may not be the case if the new coach and GM  are Manziel fans. A lot depends on the hire.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#50 : November 03, 2013, 08:47:51 AM

Glennon has 9 games to prove Jaworski right.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#51 : November 03, 2013, 09:24:15 AM

When you have a chance to go from Meh to Greatness at QB - you take your shot.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#52 : November 03, 2013, 11:55:10 AM

truth!!

To win in today's NFL, your QB must be special.

-------------------------------------------------------

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#53 : November 03, 2013, 11:58:36 AM

Glennon has 9 games to prove Jaworski right.

So if he wins a game or two, we keep him as starter?

That's pathetic thinking.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#54 : November 03, 2013, 12:00:43 PM

Lets see how he does today

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#55 : November 03, 2013, 12:04:35 PM

truth!!

To win in today's NFL, your QB must be special.

I'm equating special to elite (Peyton, Tom, Drew, Andrew, and Aaron).

Flacco, Eli, Rapistburger, Cutler, Wilson, Kappy, Rivers, Romo, Stafford, Newton and Ryan can get you wins too.

Alex Smith and Dalton are looking playoff bound.

Honestly having a QB better than half the league should get you there it seems. So let's get our elite guy!

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#56 : November 03, 2013, 01:41:55 PM

It's not like Seattle is almost impossible to play in or anything.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#57 : November 03, 2013, 01:43:37 PM

Anyone want to deny Glennon has played well since the bye week? Some people just want to draft a QB for the sake of drafting a QB and prematurely proclaiming him a franchise guy.

swamp_bats

Starter
#58 : November 03, 2013, 01:47:26 PM

I am rooting that Glennon keeps getting better. Not having to draft a Q.B. would be the best thing for us. Lets use that top 5 pick on a stud d-line or o-line player.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#59 : November 03, 2013, 03:25:01 PM

It's not like Seattle is almost impossible to play in or anything.
So if he does well, it'll be impressive..

You've been so uptight since your boyfriend moved.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ron Jaworski: Bucs have no reason to draft a QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools