Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ron Jaworski: Bucs have no reason to draft a QB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
: November 01, 2013, 04:36:28 PM

Not sure if this has been posted already.

Ron Jaworski, who is known for his expert evaluation of NFL QBs, told 620WDAE that he thinks Mike Glennon is on the rise and that Tampa has 'no reason to draft a QB' in May. I'm am surprised by his comments -- Mike Glennon has yet to win a game in the NFL-- but considering Jaworski made a few brash predictions before September that ended up comming true, I wonder whether Jaws sees something special in Glennon that the rest of us don't.

Then you must wonder, what if the Bucs see the same thing and decide to pass on a QB in the upcoming draft. Hypothetically speaking, what do you guys think Tampa should otherwise do with the top-pick?

blackat1515

Second String

#1 : November 01, 2013, 04:40:53 PM

Not taking a QB defeats what Coach S wants..... Comp

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 01, 2013, 04:43:51 PM

Thanks, Ron. Don't call us; we'll call you.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

sammich

Starter

#3 : November 01, 2013, 04:47:13 PM

Depends on how the FO feels about Matthews and Clowney.  If we are looking at Tony Boselli and/or Reggie White you take them, if not you ransom the pick to a QB needy team.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 01, 2013, 05:04:16 PM

Good luck selling that to the fan base. 

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 01, 2013, 05:11:53 PM

Jaworski falls under the Gruden-branch of commetary, which is to hype up all the current players he can to the highest degree possible.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 01, 2013, 05:18:35 PM

He also said Freeman shouldn't have been benched.. Jaws needs to be drug tested.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#7 : November 01, 2013, 05:24:44 PM

Not sure if this has been posted already.

Ron Jaworski, who is known for his expert evaluation of NFL QBs, told 620WDAE that he thinks Mike Glennon is on the rise and that Tampa has 'no reason to draft a QB' in May. I'm am surprised by his comments -- Mike Glennon has yet to win a game in the NFL-- but considering Jaworski made a few brash predictions before September that ended up comming true, I wonder whether Jaws sees something special in Glennon that the rest of us don't.

Then you must wonder, what if the Bucs see the same thing and decide to pass on a QB in the upcoming draft. Hypothetically speaking, what do you guys think Tampa should otherwise do with the top-pick?

I've been a fan of Glennon's since the get go. Speak for yourself dude.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 01, 2013, 05:28:51 PM

Thanks, Ron. Don't call us; we'll call you.
Amen

In Verner We Trust

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 01, 2013, 05:31:05 PM

He also said Freeman shouldn't have been benched.. Jaws needs to be drug tested.

Well recall that before he was for Freeman he was against him because he ripped Freeman preseason.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

chrisras

Starter

#10 : November 01, 2013, 05:58:34 PM

I like Glennon.  I think he makes some impressive throws.  You can tell he knows whats going on out there.  He's had only 4 starts and certainly shows promise.  The truth is this.  In order for us not to draft a QB with our first pick...It's up to him.  He needs to win enough games to move us out of the Teddy and Mariotta range.  Thats it. plain and simple. period. end of story.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 01, 2013, 06:02:49 PM

I like Glennon.  I think he makes some impressive throws.  You can tell he knows whats going on out there.  He's had only 4 starts and certainly shows promise.  The truth is this.  In order for us not to draft a QB with our first pick...It's up to him.  He needs to win enough games to move us out of the Teddy and Mariotta range.  Thats it. plain and simple. period. end of story.
great post

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 01, 2013, 06:22:21 PM

If Schiano and Dominik are still here next year, the Bucs will draft Clowney with their first overall pick. They'll feel the need to get Gerald McCoy a legit pass-rushing threat so that he can turn some of those pressures into sacks. Problem is, I think Clowney has bust written all over him. I keep seeing Eric Curry flashbacks in my nightmares.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 01, 2013, 06:24:25 PM

Jaworski played when you were allowed to hit the QB in the head.

Dominik specialized in acquiring talented players who were bad fits for his coaches. - FootballOutsiders

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#14 : November 01, 2013, 06:26:04 PM

Jaws also said that Kaepernick was going to be the greatest QB in the history of the league. Sorry but I'll take my chances drafting a QB round 1 and let them battle it out.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ron Jaworski: Bucs have no reason to draft a QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools