Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ron Jaworski: Bucs have no reason to draft a QB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

youngone

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 01, 2013, 06:30:17 PM

He also said Freeman shouldn't have been benched.. Jaws needs to be drug tested.

Well recall that before he was for Freeman he was against him because he ripped Freeman preseason.
He didn't think he was any good before the season.. Season starts and Freeman plays like ass and is benched but Jaws didn't feel like his benching was warranted.

He must be permanently concussed.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 01, 2013, 06:53:38 PM

If Schiano and Dominik are still here next year, the Bucs will draft Clowney with their first overall pick. They'll feel the need to get Gerald McCoy a legit pass-rushing threat so that he can turn some of those pressures into sacks. Problem is, I think Clowney has bust written all over him. I keep seeing Eric Curry flashbacks in my nightmares.
if they are still here because the Glazers are cheap then I won't care who they draft.  I'll be done ! 

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

#17 : November 01, 2013, 07:18:03 PM

^ This. If Schiano and Dumbinik are stil here I'm going to be a very upset fan. I don't think they'll still be here but if they are I'd be shocked if Schiano drafted a QB. It would mean admitting he's wrong.
I think Glennon's been almost decent, but if he doesn't show some legit upside soon then I look at him as an alright backup and nothing more. I'm not saying he doesn't have it in him, just saying I'll have to wait and see. I honestly wasn't wild about him in college either, and there's a reason he was considered a major reach in the 3rd round.
If Schiano is gone I doubt the next coach keeps Glennon as starter.
Jaworksi is a moron.

Not living, just killing time.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 01, 2013, 07:19:09 PM

He also said Freeman shouldn't have been benched.. Jaws needs to be drug tested.

Well recall that before he was for Freeman he was against him because he ripped Freeman preseason.
He didn't think he was any good before the season.. Season starts and Freeman plays like ass and is benched but Jaws didn't feel like his benching was warranted.

Ya but he was technically right. Freeman sucks and I never liked him, but his 2nd game wasn't terrible and his last game against the patriots wasn't bad at all. He made a lot of nice throws but his team didnt help him. I didn't care because I was happy we moved on, but I can understand why Jaws made that comment. I'm sure Jaws looked at the film and thought that freeman wasn't the reason we lost all 3 games.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 01, 2013, 07:20:09 PM

Btw benchwarmer, is Jaws retarded too now?

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 01, 2013, 07:29:09 PM

Jaws also said that Kaepernick was going to be the greatest QB in the history of the league. Sorry but I'll take my chances drafting a QB round 1 and let them battle it out.
Right there with you on that one.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 01, 2013, 07:31:25 PM

Ya but he was technically right. Freeman sucks and I never liked him, but his 2nd game wasn't terrible and his last game against the patriots wasn't bad at all. He made a lot of nice throws but his team didnt help him. I didn't care because I was happy we moved on, but I can understand why Jaws made that comment. I'm sure Jaws looked at the film and thought that freeman wasn't the reason we lost all 3 games.
Hahaha

Blue font?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 01, 2013, 07:36:34 PM

LOL...yeah , pretty quick turn around in opinion , huh ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 01, 2013, 08:19:55 PM

Of course he doesn't want the Bucs to draft a QB.  The NFL likes this team to be mired in mediocrity.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#24 : November 01, 2013, 09:07:48 PM

Jaws also said that Geno Smith had the best pro-day he's ever seen and he should have been the #1 overall pick.  Apparently every NFL team disagreed with him.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#25 : November 01, 2013, 09:08:37 PM

If we are in position to draft either Bridgewater or Mariota, we better damn well do it.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 01, 2013, 09:10:57 PM

Shut up Jaws. The Bucs are going to get some hot shot, smart, and creative OC who will want Manziel or Mariota in Tampa to run a fast paced and exciting offense.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 01, 2013, 10:25:46 PM

Ron Jaworski: Bucs have no reason to draft a QB

HATE: Bucs have no reason to NOT draft a QB.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

gone

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 01, 2013, 10:33:58 PM

Draft that QB and hold him for ransom if you have to.  Unless Glennon suddenly demonstrated irrefutable evidence he is an elite franchise QB there is no excuse for not picking a QB with what will be almost certainly a top 2 or three pick.  And even if he shows he's elite, you don't use that pick on another player, you trade it away for multiple firsts and more because someone will pay that for a shot at one of the QBs that look to be coming out.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 01, 2013, 11:24:46 PM

We'll see how Glennon plays during the rest of the season. As of right now, I'm thinking QB in the first round.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ron Jaworski: Bucs have no reason to draft a QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools