Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Surprised? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« : November 03, 2013, 05:31:10 PM »

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 04, 2013, 02:06:30 AM »

One person died, and he intentionally walked right past countless people without firing a single shot.  I hope you don't ever wonder why you're the most harassed person on this forum.

But don't worry, we have schools staging fake shootings to condition our kids into a constant state of fear over guns, so give it 10-15 years and the number of people as cowardly as you will be at a level where you guys might actually get something accomplished.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #2 : November 04, 2013, 08:32:06 AM »

One person died, and he intentionally walked right past countless people without firing a single shot.  I hope you don't ever wonder why you're the most harassed person on this forum.

But don't worry, we have schools staging fake shootings to condition our kids into a constant state of fear over guns, so give it 10-15 years and the number of people as cowardly as you will be at a level where you guys might actually get something accomplished.

Huh? Because he was not a very good mass murderer that somehow changes the fact that he chose an assault rifle?

Ugh ....

Btw, I read on a pro-gun blog that something in the pictures of the gun makes experienced gun users question whether this guy knew how to properly use the weapon. I don't know if that is true, but that further illustrates the point: assault-style weapons are the weapon of choice for mass murders. People repeat what they see in the news. More of these are coming.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« #3 : November 04, 2013, 09:58:37 AM »

The point is that in this situation the type of gun used didn't matter in the least. You posted a picture of an assault rifle as if to say he was only capable of doing what he did because of it. He wasn't randomly firing with that big mean scary assault rifle, he was looking for TSA agents. I read where one witness said the shooter walked up to him and asked if he was TSA, when he answered no the guy walked away. An AK or a glock, the situation would have ended the same regardless.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #4 : November 04, 2013, 10:28:19 AM »

The point is that in this situation the type of gun used didn't matter in the least. You posted a picture of an assault rifle as if to say he was only capable of doing what he did because of it.

Both those comments^^^ are just FLAT WRONG.  The type of gun does matter and I did not post the picture to say he was only capable of doing what he did because of it.

I posted the picture to illustrate the point that it is not the least bit surprising that people bent on mass murder choose assault rifles and OF COURSE the choice of gun matters.  This guy did far less harm then he could've but that was due, at least in part, to the fact that his target was TSA people, not just random citizens. He rep[orderly went around asking people if they were TSA and then moved on when he received a negative response.

If you don't think the type of gun matters, then why did the Sandy Hook killer use an assault rifle when many other guns were available, why did this guy pick one, why did the Santa Monica killer choose one, why did the Colorado killer choose one? The answer is simple, the weapons are, at a minimum, perceived to be the most EFFECTIVE choice when hoping to kill many people. In a perverse way, assault rifles are glamorized for their killing power, both in original advertising and in culture. That's the reason they are "attractive." Could you kill a lot of people with less firepower? Sure.  Didn't the VA Tech guy use handguns? But, that does not change the fact that assault rifles -- which serve no reasonable social purpose other than sporting uses -- are effective weapons for killing a lot of people in a densely occupied space.

I didn't choose the gun, he did. I just said its not surprising.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #5 : November 04, 2013, 10:45:28 AM »

The only people that defend the usage of semi-automatic rifles are the same ones that lack brain cells.

Most rational gun owners use a shotgun or a pistol for home defense or use a hunting rifle for hunting.  These bozos that defend the use of modern semi-automatic rifles in "hunting" or "home defense" are not exactly smart.  Before some one comes in and tells me a repeating rifle can be considered semi automatic let me remind them that a repeating rifle has a far more limited magazine than a modern semi-automatic rifle.

Most Americans agree with background checks but limits on magazines is probably going to be supported by most Americans at some point as well.

« : November 04, 2013, 10:47:10 AM alldaway »

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« #6 : November 04, 2013, 10:49:56 AM »

The point is that in this situation the type of gun used didn't matter in the least. You posted a picture of an assault rifle as if to say he was only capable of doing what he did because of it.

Both those comments^^^ are just FLAT WRONG.  The type of gun does matter and I did not post the picture to say he was only capable of doing what he did because of it.

I posted the picture to illustrate the point that it is not the least bit surprising that people bent on mass murder choose assault rifles and OF COURSE the choice of gun matters.  This guy did far less harm then he could've but that was due, at least in part, to the fact that his target was TSA people, not just random citizens. He rep[orderly went around asking people if they were TSA and then moved on when he received a negative response.

If you don't think the type of gun matters, then why did the Sandy Hook killer use an assault rifle when many other guns were available, why did this guy pick one, why did the Santa Monica killer choose one, why did the Colorado killer choose one? The answer is simple, the weapons are, at a minimum, perceived to be the most EFFECTIVE choice when hoping to kill many people. In a perverse way, assault rifles are glamorized for their killing power, both in original advertising and in culture. That's the reason they are "attractive." Could you kill a lot of people with less firepower? Sure.  Didn't the VA Tech guy use handguns? But, that does not change the fact that assault rifles -- which serve no reasonable social purpose other than sporting uses -- are effective weapons for killing a lot of people in a densely occupied space.

I didn't choose the gun, he did. I just said its not surprising.

I clearly said "in this situation". Again, this is why you're constantly mocked, these are the little games you play.

Why are you mixing other incidents in with this one? IN THIS SITUATION his gun of choice didn't matter, that's just a simple fact. If it's not you'd be able to tell me how things would have worked out different had he used a handgun instead. So, go on.....

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #7 : November 04, 2013, 10:59:09 AM »

IN THIS SITUATION his gun of choice didn't matter, that's just a simple fact. ....

That makes no sense.  IN THIS SITUATION . . . he went through the trouble of lugging an assault rifle in a duffle bag (rather than a handgun in a waste band) because he wanted to make sure he killed his intended targets and he hoped there were many.  IN THIS SITUATION .. .  he did not kill a lot of people because he did not find a lot of his targets.

"Authorities say Ciancia walked into Terminal 3, pulled a Smith & Wesson .223-caliber assault rifle from his duffel bag and fired repeatedly at point-blank range at a TSA officer identified as Gerardo I. Hernandez, 39, who was checking IDs and boarding passes at the base of the escalator leading to the main screening area.

The killing was "believed to be a premeditated act of murder in the first-degree," U.S. Attorney Andre Birotte Jr. said in announcing the charges.

After killing Hernandez, Ciancia fired on at least two other uniformed TSA employees and an airline passenger, who were all wounded. Airport police eventually shot him as panicked passengers cowered in stores and restaurants"

"they have found a note handwritten by Ciancia in which he describes his intent to kill TSA employees and “pigs,” a law enforcement
official told The Associated Press. The handwritten note found in Ciancia's duffel bag and signed by him stated that he had "made the conscious decision to try to kill" multiple TSA employees and that he wanted to stir fear in them, FBI agent in charge David L. Bowdich said."

So, it wasn't the gun choice that mattered, it was his intention that mattered, but it is a simple fact that he CHOSE an assault rifle and that is not surprising . . .  at all. That was my point

« : November 04, 2013, 11:04:23 AM VinBucFan »

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« #8 : November 04, 2013, 11:00:49 AM »

The only people that defend the usage of semi-automatic rifles are the same ones that lack brain cells.

Most rational gun owners use a shotgun or a pistol for home defense or use a hunting rifle for hunting.  These bozos that defend the use of modern semi-automatic rifles in "hunting" or "home defense" are not exactly smart.  Before some one comes in and tells me a repeating rifle can be considered semi automatic let me remind them that a repeating rifle has a far more limited magazine than a modern semi-automatic rifle.

Most Americans agree with background checks but limits on magazines is probably going to be supported by most Americans at some point as well.

Who are you to put limitations on what people can own? People lack brain cells because they have hobbies that are different than your own? An unbelievably small percentage of gun owners commit violent acts and the rules need to be changed for all? What kind of ass backwards nonsense is that?

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 04, 2013, 11:03:44 AM »

IN THIS SITUATION his gun of choice didn't matter, that's just a simple fact. ....

That makes no sense.  IN THIS SITUATION . . . he went through the trouble of lugging an assault rifle in a duffle bag (rather than a handgun in a waste band) because he wanted to make sure he killed his intended targets and he hoped there were many.  IN THIS SITUATION .. .  he did not kill a lot of people because he did not find a lot of his targets.

"Authorities say Ciancia walked into Terminal 3, pulled a Smith & Wesson .223-caliber assault rifle from his duffel bag and fired repeatedly at point-blank range at a TSA officer identified as Gerardo I. Hernandez, 39, who was checking IDs and boarding passes at the base of the escalator leading to the main screening area.

The killing was "believed to be a premeditated act of murder in the first-degree," U.S. Attorney Andre Birotte Jr. said in announcing the charges.

After killing Hernandez, Ciancia fired on at least two other uniformed TSA employees and an airline passenger, who were all wounded. Airport police eventually shot him as panicked passengers cowered in stores and restaurants"

"they have found a note handwritten by Ciancia in which he describes his intent to kill TSA employees and “pigs,” a law enforcement
official told The Associated Press. The handwritten note found in Ciancia's duffel bag and signed by him stated that he had "made the conscious decision to try to kill" multiple TSA employees and that he wanted to stir fear in them, FBI agent in charge David L. Bowdich said."

So, it wasn't the gun choice that mattered, it was his intention that mattered, but it is a simple fact that he CHOSE an assault rifle and that is not surprising . . .  at all. That was my point

So in other words, you can't think of anything to say regarding how the situation would have been different if a handgun were used. Got it. Why didn't you just say that? The gun used didn't matter, that's a fact. New gun laws are not only not needed, they wouldn't solve anything anyway, another fact. You'll realize one day that this argument has already been decided by common sense and logic, and you're not on the winning side.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #10 : November 04, 2013, 11:12:07 AM »

So in other words, you can't think of anything to say regarding how the situation would have been different if a handgun were used. Got it. Why didn't you just say that? The gun used didn't matter, that's a fact. New gun laws are not only not needed, they wouldn't solve anything anyway, another fact. You'll realize one day that this argument has already been decided by common sense and logic, and you're not on the winning side.

Lol, I posted a picture with a single word headline.  You took it to mean something I did not (see above) and now you're on to a second or third argument, which has NOTHING to do with my post, all the while calling me a "coward" etc.  LOL.  The funniest part is this comment you made:

"You'll realize one day that this argument has already been decided by common sense and logic, and you're not on the winning side"

You honestly don't know you're wrong about that, do you? You might try reading the US Supreme Court's DC gun ban decision.  It says you are 100% WRONG . .  and it was authored by a very conservative judge on behalf of a very conservative court who called on "common sense and logic."

(Btw, I agreed with YOUR handgun point above, so not sure what the issue is. I was just pointing out that you're tying the results to the gun (something I did not, I was talking about the choice) but it wasn't the gun, it was the plan of the killer that dictated the results -- he had 5 or 6 magazines I believe - fyi)
« : November 04, 2013, 11:21:16 AM VinBucFan »

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #11 : November 04, 2013, 11:21:39 AM »

C'mon, Escobar, don't let this idiot suck you back in!  Haven't you noticed that no one else responds to him anymore? He's trolling. You know he is. You can't have any kind of honest conversation with him because he's dishonest. This rifle was a Colt AR-15. It is an "assault style"  rifle, not an assault rifle. This has been explained many times, but is being ignored again for trolling purposes. Stop feeding the troll, Escobar. Join with everyone else and stop giving him attention.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #12 : November 04, 2013, 11:22:43 AM »

C'mon, Escobar, don't let this idiot suck you back in!  Haven't you noticed that no one else responds to him anymore? He's trolling. You know he is. You can't have any kind of honest conversation with him because he's dishonest. This rifle was a Colt AR-15. It is an "assault style"  rifle, not an assault rifle. This has been explained many times, but is being ignored again for trolling purposes. Stop feeding the troll, Escobar. Join with everyone else and stop giving him attention.

irony

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« #13 : November 04, 2013, 11:23:38 AM »

We both know what the picture inferred, and we also both know that the gun used didn't matter. Again, you're mocked by literally everyone for a reason.

Do politicians and the supreme court always make the right decisions? The fact that you posted that little bit of info shows you didn't understand what I was saying. I'll give you some more time to think it over. While you're at it, think of a way the airport situation would have turned out differently had a handgun been used. Thanks princess.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« #14 : November 04, 2013, 11:25:51 AM »

I have to admit my curiosity got the best of me, I just had to see what the little guy would come up with. Needless to say surprised I am not.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Surprised? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools