Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Surprised? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#45 : November 05, 2013, 12:15:14 AM

The only people that defend the usage of semi-automatic rifles are the same ones that lack brain cells.

Most rational gun owners use a shotgun or a pistol for home defense or use a hunting rifle for hunting.  These bozos that defend the use of modern semi-automatic rifles in "hunting" or "home defense" are not exactly smart.  Before some one comes in and tells me a repeating rifle can be considered semi automatic let me remind them that a repeating rifle has a far more limited magazine than a modern semi-automatic rifle.

Most Americans agree with background checks but limits on magazines is probably going to be supported by most Americans at some point as well.

Who are you to put limitations on what people can own? People lack brain cells because they have hobbies that are different than your own? An unbelievably small percentage of gun owners commit violent acts and the rules need to be changed for all? What kind of ass backwards nonsense is that?

It is called common sense and logic. If you want to defend why a modern semi-automatic rifle is good for home defense the floor is yours.  Most responsible gun owners know on the other hand that a shotgun is your best choice.  Hunting a boar with a modern semi-automatic? Why?  It is about time we called out the infantile obsession with modern automatic rifles and this "hobby".  Most older gun owners and gun collectors really frown upon these "modern" enthusiasts.  If they are feeling heat because they are being ostracized so be it because what they value isn't what our society or the world in general values. 

No, it's called you're not interested in something so you don't want anyone else to be interested in it either. I haven't even touched on the subject of using that weapon for home self defense, because it's irrelevant. Those guns are legal to own, therefore saying "common sense and logic" dictate that people shouldn't own them is absurd. It's legal, people like them, people buy them. It's just that simple. Like I said, this is about what you like...nothing more. I'm not sure how you post on here so often, considering the time it must take interviewing "most older gun owners" to see what their thoughts are on the matter. Hearing a friend or two **CENSORED** about these types of guns doesn't equate to "most older gun owners"...just a tip.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#46 : November 05, 2013, 12:16:18 AM

Spartan, your comment on the LAX killing are so intellectually dishonest as to almost not merit a response, but AS YOU PROBABLY KNEW when you typed that nonsense, the guy in LAX didnt kill more people because he was specifically seeking out TSA and government people.  From CNN:

So the weapon he chose bears no relevance to the crime he committed then does it? Or for that matter, your point. If he had sprayed the entire concourse you might have a point. But he didn't so you don't.

This was precisely my point at the beginning of the thread.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#47 : November 05, 2013, 12:35:07 AM

Vin claims these incidents always include an assault rifle. Vin posts on this topic non stop. Vin claims he doesn't believe the banning of assault rifles is justified.

One of these statements doesn't fit with the others.

Save it Vin, as I've stated repeatedly, you're a coward. You expect us all to believe you have no desire to see these types of weapons done away with? Why then would you spend so much time talking about them? Why would you post a picture of one and then go on to tell us they are ALWAYS the gun of choice? You don't want anything done about them, you just thought you'd point out various bits of information? THIS is the route you're taking now? You honestly thought this would fly?

What a sad life, you lack the courage to stand behind your own opinions.

This is the anti-gun crowd folks. Change we can believe in.

On the one hand you are calling me a "coward" for supposedly lacking the "courage to stand behind [my] own opinions." On the other hand, you posted that I post my opinions "on this topic non stop."   Are you drunk? LOL, your ramblings make no sense. 

Seriously though, I may be the only poster who has actually said what I do stand for when it comes to guns. With the exception of Spartan, who has at least tried once, you and the other gun guys simply reject almost any discussion out of hand, categorizing any different view as an outright attempt to ban all guns (see the comments in this thread, lol) . . . . and you do so out of FEAR . .  which makes your calling me a "coward" even funnier.

There's nothing personal about my views on guns. I don't think you a lesser person because you own a gun or guns (irony), I just think the "reject everything" approach is illogical and driven by fear.

(Btw, for what its worth, since you mentioned the Obama slogan "change we can believe in,"  I am a conservative, not a liberal. I have also spent a lot of my life around guns and believe in the Right to Bear Arms.)

Change the record Vin, you've been harping on this fear nonsense far too long. I don't own any guns champ, I've stated that countless times. I have nothing to fear, nobody is going to come take away something I don't have, and most likely never will have.

You post your opinions only to argue against them later on because you lack the spine to stick to what you believe. Every single person who has read your nonsense on this subject knows that you want AR's banned, that's not something that's even up for debate.

Oh, and one more time...the gun used in this incident didn't matter. Thanks.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#48 : November 05, 2013, 07:47:13 AM

Fear. The government wants to take my guns and my rights. So long as it's other people dying I don't care.
: November 05, 2013, 09:24:57 AM VinBucFan

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#49 : November 05, 2013, 09:25:35 AM

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/02/assault-weapons-high-capacity-magazines-mass-shootings-feinstein

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#50 : November 05, 2013, 10:40:15 AM

Vinbucfan is not a man........she's a barricaded thong wearing behemoth that eats French fries and bacon between posts.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#51 : November 05, 2013, 11:10:46 AM

Vinbucfan is not a man........she's a barricaded thong wearing behemoth that eats French fries and bacon between posts.

lol

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#52 : November 05, 2013, 12:34:48 PM

Fear. The government wants to take my guns and my rights. So long as it's other people dying I don't care.

Interesting comment considering if you got what you wanted, the banning of guns, innocent people would die on a daily basis because they'd no longer be able to protect themselves. Oh, right, you're under the delusion that a simple change in laws would make guns disappear immediately and permanently.

So, right, as long as it's other people dying you don't care, just as long as you get what you want, huh champ?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#53 : November 05, 2013, 01:13:51 PM

Interesting comment considering if you got what you wanted, the banning of guns, innocent people would die on a daily basis because they'd no longer be able to protect themselves. Oh, right, you're under the delusion that a simple change in laws would make guns disappear immediately and permanently.

So, right, as long as it's other people dying you don't care, just as long as you get what you want, huh champ?

LMAO.  You're basically arguing with yourself. So much silliness in this  comment, I have to break it down:

if you got what you wanted, the banning of guns

Link?  Oh yeah  . . . you like to argue against your own made up BS . . . never mind

innocent people would die on a daily basis because they'd no longer be able to protect themselves

perhaps one of the worst NRA talking points and total BS. All you have to do is open your eyes and read  . .  .just one of many, many, many examples:

http://www.stat.duke.edu/~dalene/chance/chanceweb/103.myth0.pdf

you're under the delusion that a simple change in laws would make guns disappear immediately and permanently

link? You just make **CENSORED** up, I guess.  I am under no such delusion, but you keep arguing against your own BS

as long as it's other people dying you don't care, just as long as you get what you want, huh champ?

let me get this straight . .  I post comments about reducing access to guns in a country that has 30K gun deaths a year and 100s of thousands of injuries  .  .  and . . . wait for it . . . I am the one who doesn't care about other people dying?  Huh?

Don't confuse me with the NRA and its minions who fight EVERY potential gun law so that gun manufacturers can keep on selling

I am not sure why you argue against your own made up BS . .. . .  oh wait . . .  yes I am, nevermind

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#54 : November 07, 2013, 11:26:43 AM

Vin is so liberal........I suspect she has her walls covered with posters of Hillary Clinton and Dianne Feinstein............

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#55 : November 07, 2013, 01:24:36 PM

Vin is so liberal........I suspect she has her walls covered with posters of Hillary Clinton and Dianne Feinstein............

Lol, funny stuff. Talk about a desire to limit access to guns in a country that may have more guns than people (lol) and you get called a "coward" . . . .   a "women" .. . . .  a "liberal" . .  . . .

(seriously though, proof that the gun lobby is dominated by the lunatic fringe of conservatives . . . so much for Reagan's big tent.)
: November 07, 2013, 01:26:33 PM VinBucFan

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#56 : November 10, 2013, 01:53:23 PM

Are you drunk?

Looks like he is.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#57 : November 10, 2013, 06:00:06 PM

Scarecrow VERY lonely

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Surprised? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools