Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Challenge on 3rd and 8 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsGators

Starter

: November 04, 2013, 11:09:18 AM

How was that complete pass we challenged not overturned? He clearly had control of the ball, then there was conclusive evidence of him losing possession of the ball when the ball hit the ground. The only reason I can see them saying it wasn't incomplete is because his knee was already down, but don't you have to have control of the ball through the end of the play?

Not that it would have changed anything in the game, they probably still would have made the FG or we still would have found a way to lose.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 04, 2013, 11:18:32 AM

Refs are numnuts nowadays. I saw a roughing flag on brees that was pathetic. I heard Collingswood (I think) in disbelief over a call. Bad calls everywhere, with replay.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

MarineBuc

Starter

#2 : November 04, 2013, 11:21:39 AM

It was horrible call, no doubt...but it really had no effect on the game.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 04, 2013, 11:38:00 AM

That call was a load of bull... The football started at the guys helmet and by the time he rolled over it was rolling around his crotch.

Everyone in the stadium knew that wasn't a catch.. The receiver even had a surprised smile after the ref called it.

STERN11354

Starter

#4 : November 04, 2013, 11:40:08 AM

I saw the Chargers and Redskins game in overtime where a Chargers linebacker number 59 turns to make a tackle on a Redskins receiver.  The receiver lowers his shoulder and hits the linebacker in the facemask causing the linebacker's head to jolt back.  Flag on the play for unnecessary roughness on the Chargers player.  So I guess if you play defense and hit or get hit roughly on a play you'll get flagged no matter what.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 04, 2013, 12:27:47 PM

We stopped them on 3rd and 3. No biggie.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 04, 2013, 12:47:07 PM

Would have possibly made that field goal harder tho.

Either way instant replay is there to get the play right.

BucsGators

Starter

#7 : November 04, 2013, 12:49:10 PM

exactly my point... Instant replay is there to get the play right

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 04, 2013, 12:52:25 PM

It would have went from being 36 yards to 41 yards....and Hauschka is a good kicker.

Refs miss calls in every game. This is nothing new. Good teams have to, and always have had to, over come them. Period.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 04, 2013, 01:00:37 PM

It would have went from being 36 yards to 41 yards....and Hauschka is a good kicker.

Refs miss calls in every game. This is nothing new. Good teams have to, and always have had to, over come them. Period.
Anything could have happened is my point tho. Good teams should over come the refs but not so good teams playing the game of their lives shouldn't have to go against the opposing team and the refs.

They miss calls every game but how can they miss it with instant replay too? 

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 04, 2013, 01:14:25 PM

The rule was that you have to maintain possession through contact with the ground in the end zone and out of bounds. I'm not aware of that rule having been changed.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 04, 2013, 01:35:43 PM

The rule was that you have to maintain possession through contact with the ground in the end zone and out of bounds. I'm not aware of that rule having been changed.

The Seahawks are the only team in the league that this rules doesn't apply to.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 04, 2013, 01:39:36 PM

Anything could have happened is my point tho. Good teams should over come the refs but not so good teams playing the game of their lives shouldn't have to go against the opposing team and the refs.

Still happens, even with replay. Ref errors are a part of the game that will probably always be there. It is what it is.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 04, 2013, 01:41:52 PM

Still happens, even with replay. Ref errors are a part of the game that will probably always be there. It is what it is.
True.. I guess they shouldn't have to get it right even with the chance to review the play.

It's part of the game but it stinks to be on this end EVERYTIME.
: November 04, 2013, 01:52:53 PM youngone

mdarby

Rookie
#14 : November 04, 2013, 01:46:39 PM

I was watching the game and immediately told my buddy that it would not be overturned.  Here was my reasoning...it would have caused too much work for a simple 5 yds.  If you remember, they called it a completion.  Therefore, the clock continued to run and ended the 3rd quarter.  It was between quarters that Schiano decided to challenge it.  Had they overturned it, they would have had to figure out when the point of incompletion was, add those few seconds to a clock that was already expired,  bring the ball all the way back to the other end of the stadium, let them run one play and then go through the break in between the third and fourth quarters all over again.  Just too much work for a few seconds of time.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Challenge on 3rd and 8 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools