Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs ask league to conclude leaks investigation « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : November 11, 2013, 03:51:00 AM »

Questioned by NFL, Bucs ask league to conclude leaks investigation

Rick Stroud, Times Staff Writer 

November 8, 2013 3:46pm

The Bucs have asked the NFL to quickly conclude their investigation into whether coach Greg Schiano or others violated the confidentiality of Josh Freeman's participation in the substance abuse program.

Schiano, general manager Mark Dominik and others already were questioned about the matter by NFL investigators several weeks ago.

"We do not believe it is appropriate to comment but the confidentiality provision of our drug program is critically important and a breach of that confidentiality by any party is a serious violation of our collectively bargained policy,'' NFL spokesman Greg Aeillo said recently.

Freeman, 25, who was released and is now the No. 3 quarterback at Minnesota, admitted to the “one-time mistake” of taking Ritalin rather than Adderall for his diagnosed ADHD. He said he then voluntarily admitted himself to the league’s testing program, and subsequently passed 46 different drug tests.

Freeman blamed unidentified members of the Bucs organization for disclosing confidential medical information. The Bucs are anxious to clear their name in the matter and that of thier head coach.

Josh Freeman says he’s making progress, wants to start

PFT

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 8, 2013, 9:57 PM EST

AP

Vikings quarterback Josh Freeman, who was quickly made the starter after arriving in Minnesota but has been demoted from first string to third string, says he believes he can start for the Vikings again this year.

Freeman told the St. Paul Pioneer Press that he believes he is getting better within Minnesota’s offense and he hopes coach Leslie Frazier lets him start again.

“I’m making a lot of progress from my first game,” Freeman said. “I can’t speak for the coaches. I can’t speak for Leslie. I’m just working as hard as I can. When they need me to go in I plan to go in and play well, whenever that may be.”

At the moment, Freeman is behind both Christian Ponder and Matt Cassel on the Vikings’ depth chart, but he is eager to show he deserves to be No. 1.

“Nobody in the NFL doesn’t want to be the starter,” Freeman said.

After getting a chance to start in both Tampa Bay and Minnesota this season, and after playing poorly in both places, Freeman has a lot of work to do to convince anyone he deserves to be a starter again.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 11, 2013, 04:06:35 AM »

Yup, show the evidence or shut the hell up.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

« #2 : November 11, 2013, 05:54:13 AM »

Dude is done in this league. The new Byron Leftwich... Charlie Batch....

tripblood

Hall of Famer

« #3 : November 11, 2013, 05:54:38 AM »

I wish there WAS evidence that way the Bucs could release Schiano from his duties an not owe him a penny.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

tripblood

Hall of Famer

« #4 : November 11, 2013, 05:56:01 AM »

Dude is done in this league. The new Byron Leftwich... Charlie Batch....

What does the comparison to those qb's meen? He's gonna be rapelisburger backup next year?

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #5 : November 11, 2013, 06:45:16 AM »

Glaciers looking for Probable Cause.  :-)

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs ask league to conclude leaks investigation « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools