Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dolphins locker room face investigations...Incognito suspended indefinitely « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 04, 2013, 05:03:26 PM

Well if your job is shoving other big strong men with nasty temperaments then it kind of does.
: November 04, 2013, 05:05:14 PM Skull and Bones

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 04, 2013, 05:05:36 PM

If you are unwilling to fight your co-worker, you are weak minded and soft!

lol

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 04, 2013, 05:17:03 PM

I know you're being sarcastic but maybe the ones who give in to these people running their mouth talking crap are the weak minded ones who need to grow up. I for one played sports in high school and college and never lost my temper to someone running their mouth (teammate or opposing team player). And in no way am I defending Incognito obviously he a piece of crap and has some personal issues of his own that he needs to work out. 
: November 04, 2013, 05:20:39 PM lazoran

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 04, 2013, 05:30:55 PM

I know you're being sarcastic but maybe the ones who give in to these people running their mouth talking crap are the weak minded ones who need to grow up. I for one played sports in high school and college and never lost my temper to someone running their mouth (teammate or opposing team player). And in no way am I defending Incognito obviously he a piece of crap and has some personal issues of his own that he needs to work out.

Seriously. The barbaric quick-to-blows attitude makes me want to facepalm. Ignore the jerk and he can't get any attention. It may take a good 3 to 10 minutes a day for about 2-3 weeks, but eventually Incognito would find someone else to play with until he runs out of toys.

I'm more of a "try to talk it out" person, but a meathead like Incognito may be impossible to reason with. Could try the kill him with kindness approach. Every time he talks crap, he won't get the reaction he's looking for. A confused bully's face is hilarious.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 04, 2013, 05:37:13 PM

I don't believe any of them, anyway. I think most people understand that in a work environment, you don't solve your problems with a co-worker by fighting them.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 04, 2013, 05:38:27 PM

youngone:
 "I said the same thing at first but some people are just soft, and can be picked on like that regardless of their size. Dude is weak minded but that's not wrong."

It is if you want to play in the NFL. Gonna have to be a lot mentally tougher than that.
Some people have a personality that makes them appear to be soft... I doubt every guy that plays in the NFL is a tough guy... That doesn't mean they can't play.

Look at what he went thru though that's not hazing. How tough should he have to be before snapping?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 04, 2013, 06:11:19 PM

I don't believe any of them, anyway. I think most people understand that in a work environment, you don't solve your problems with a co-worker by fighting them.
And if you're going to fight a teammate in practice, chances are you're going to fight someone at a position going against you, i.e., OL/DL, RB/LB, WR/DB, etc. Not easy to have a "normal" player fight against someone in your position group.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 04, 2013, 07:46:36 PM

In a macho setting like an NFL locker room how long would you let another grown man treat you like that before you go off?

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 04, 2013, 07:56:20 PM

It's really hard to say without knowing all the details. If a teammate was calling me and leaving racial slurs and threatening my family, I would have handled it quickly by going to management and going up the food chain until the guy was gone. If a guy was just messing with me a bunch, but I didn't think it constituted actual harassment, I'd ignore him or try to give him **CENSORED** back.

In my adult life, I can't imagine a non-self defense scenario where I'd feel the need to fight someone.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 04, 2013, 07:59:16 PM

It's really hard to say without knowing all the details. If a teammate was calling me and leaving racial slurs and threatening my family, I would have handled it quickly by going to management and going up the food chain until the guy was gone. If a guy was just messing with me a bunch, but I didn't think it constituted actual harassment, I'd ignore him or try to give him **CENSORED** back.

In my adult life, I can't imagine a non-self defense scenario where I'd feel the need to fight someone.
it's just different strokes for different folks I guess.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 04, 2013, 08:23:10 PM

And if you're going to fight a teammate in practice, chances are you're going to fight someone at a position going against you, i.e., OL/DL, RB/LB, WR/DB, etc. Not easy to have a "normal" player fight against someone in your position group.
Chidi vs. Sapp

gone

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 04, 2013, 09:57:15 PM

As a society we have spent the last several decades intentionally teaching our children to be victims, to not stand up for themselves, to call the teacher/government/authority figure to solve all problems for them.  To avoid confrontation and not stand up for themselves.  This is why people with freaking box cutters could kill thousands because it was only when it was clear what was going to happen that one group finally stood up to them.  It's what is happening in our schools now with these ridiculous anti-bullying campaigns.  Instead of teaching kids to stand up for themselves and fight back they teach them to turn tail and hide behind the teachers' skirts.  Look at what happened to that Casey kid  He gets suspended and hate mail for what he did here (he's the big kid):

Maybe Martin should have stood up for himself. 

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 04, 2013, 10:05:14 PM

It's what is happening in our schools now with these ridiculous anti-bullying campaigns.  Instead of teaching kids to stand up for themselves and fight back they teach them to turn tail and hide behind the teachers' skirts.

Doc,  that's silly, unless they have really weird schools in HI. Anti-bullying campaigns in schools that I know of are focused on getting kids to stand up PERIOD . . . for themselves and others. The situation in Miami unfolded NOT just because Martin presumably didnt stand up (until recently) but also because many others did not stand up. Whose guilty, a bully who picks on someone or the person who watches and does nothing?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

youngone

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 04, 2013, 10:12:03 PM

As a society we have spent the last several decades intentionally teaching our children to be victims, to not stand up for themselves, to call the teacher/government/authority figure to solve all problems for them.  To avoid confrontation and not stand up for themselves.  This is why people with freaking box cutters could kill thousands because it was only when it was clear what was going to happen that one group finally stood up to them.  It's what is happening in our schools now with these ridiculous anti-bullying campaigns.  Instead of teaching kids to stand up for themselves and fight back they teach them to turn tail and hide behind the teachers' skirts.  Look at what happened to that Casey kid  He gets suspended and hate mail for what he did here (he's the big kid):

Maybe Martin should have stood up for himself.
It's training these kids to be soft.

I'm not old but growing up I knew that if somebody picked on the same person long enough, there is good chance that you might get your ass dropped sooner or later.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#44 : November 04, 2013, 10:24:12 PM

Its like which Florida team wants to be the biggest laughing stock right now Jags, Bucs, or Phins.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dolphins locker room face investigations...Incognito suspended indefinitely « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools