Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy haters come on in and eat some crow « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 04, 2013, 03:58:23 PM

McCoy is a great disrupter but he never finishes plays off. That's why he's a good defensive tackle but not a great one.

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

#31 : November 04, 2013, 03:59:53 PM

Thought he was a bust. Well, turns out McCoy had himself a career day yesterday amassing a paralyzing 6 total tackles on the day. Out of his mind play, consistently all day. Dude couldn't be controlled as he racked up tackle assists like it was no big thing. In fact he got within two feet of sacking the QB a record 7 times on Sunday, that's a PFF signature stat. Top that off with only two personal foul calls and McCoy looks primed to make a 2nd pro bowl this year.

Be a man, call yourself out today.

NS if this is sarcastic or not?

lol, yes very sarcastic....

Did the OP really need to be in blue?

It's broke

I think trading McCoy has merit.

In all seriousness, I think that McCoy has a ton of talent.

I think he is an above average player.

He just isn't good.

He is certainly no where near the player most on this board think he is. At least not at this point.

More to the point of the thread. He's decent but has no lived up this his salary or draft position. I think at times the penetration he gets actually hurts us.

FTFY.

You people are ridiculous.

1. Donald
2. Bridgewater
3. Landry
5. Abbrederis
6. Lyerla

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 04, 2013, 04:00:40 PM

So true , Warren and Bucfan

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 04, 2013, 04:06:30 PM

So true , Warren and Bucfan
That's why I hated the pick then and still do. His entire freaking highlight real from OU was him getting in the backfield, a running back avoiding his arm tackle, then someone else cleaning up his mess.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 04, 2013, 04:13:40 PM

Its because he doesn't have the killer instinct. He doesn't have near enough dog in him.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 04, 2013, 04:19:38 PM

McCoy is a great disrupter but he never finishes plays off. That's why he's a good defensive tackle but not a great one.

Accurate. He had quite a few plays yesterday where he had great penetration, but couldn't finish.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 04, 2013, 07:55:14 PM

He needs to be better, but I still think that he's a pro bowl player. I just wish that he was elite.

I would like to see what he can do with some real pass rushers on the outside though.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 04, 2013, 07:58:38 PM

Its because he doesn't have the killer instinct. He doesn't have near enough dog in him.

Sooo true.

Have you ever heard Ian Beckles take on him? I know a lot of people don't like Beckles but he is spot on with McCoy.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 04, 2013, 09:11:42 PM

Accurate. He had quite a few plays yesterday where he had great penetration, but couldn't finish.

When you penetrate that quickly and don't make the play, it makes a large lane where you came from. Like throwing behind a blitz.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#39 : November 04, 2013, 09:18:26 PM

I would like to see a player that actually has the killer instinct on this team.  Can't seem to find any.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 05, 2013, 07:17:58 AM

I would like to see a player that actually has the killer instinct on this team.  Can't seem to find any.

Goldson , Barron , and Lavonte have it , IMO .  Goldson has a little TOO much perhaps , lol.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 05, 2013, 08:03:44 AM

Im one of the biggest McCoy apologists here...and I would not have come to the board thumping my chest for his game Sunday.  He played good, but not great.  Gotta finish the play son.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 05, 2013, 08:07:10 AM

He's got to watch where he reaches out those Twiggarms also. He did not help us with those personal fouls.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 05, 2013, 08:14:14 AM

He's got to watch where he reaches out those Twiggarms also. He did not help us with those personal fouls.

No kidding.  Not sure how one can boast about his 6 tackle performance when there are essentially 2 bad plays that wipe out the good ones.

Still love the guy.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

pewterandred25

Practice Squad

#44 : November 05, 2013, 08:31:37 AM

McCoy has ZERO help..he still get in the backfield and disrupts, he always is double teamed. It would be nice if someone on the dline would step up. Sapp was great, but he had his share of help in that dline also..it was not just Sapp and a bunch of at best 2nd string dline men. Give McCoy culpepper, rice, McFarland, and some of those other guys and we would not be having this conversation IMHO.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy haters come on in and eat some crow « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools