Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy haters come on in and eat some crow « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#45 : November 05, 2013, 08:48:59 AM

McCoy has ZERO help..he still get in the backfield and disrupts, he always is double teamed. It would be nice if someone on the dline would step up. Sapp was great, but he had his share of help in that dline also..it was not just Sapp and a bunch of at best 2nd string dline men. Give McCoy culpepper, rice, McFarland, and some of those other guys and we would not be having this conversation IMHO.
Roy Miller last year was better than Booger ever was.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#46 : November 05, 2013, 08:55:37 AM

Sapp elevated everyone's games. How good were Greg SPires , Culpepper , Steve White , Chartric Darby , Chidi Ahanuto , and all those other bums after they left Tampa ?? Ever hear from them again ?

McCoy elevates no one's game . He can't even elevate his own and put up a respectable number of sacks.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#47 : November 05, 2013, 09:28:58 AM

So McCoy might not be one of the best players to ever play the game? Call the National Enquirer!

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#48 : November 05, 2013, 09:34:35 AM

So McCoy might not be one of the best players to ever play the game? Call the National Enquirer!

No , just call the Red Board.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#49 : November 05, 2013, 10:22:53 AM

Right?

So Gerald McCoy isnt as good as Warren Sapp. Neat. I never thought he was.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#50 : November 05, 2013, 03:05:14 PM

I say we give him the old Jeremy Trueblood contract restructure.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#51 : November 05, 2013, 03:45:52 PM

McCoy can never live up to his draft status or cost. He's overrated in that aspect very much.

He's still better than a lot of alternatives in the meantime however. I doubt we could have done any better since then.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#52 : November 05, 2013, 05:13:28 PM

McCoy can never live up to his draft status or cost. He's overrated in that aspect very much.

He's still better than a lot of alternatives in the meantime however. I doubt we could have done any better since then.
Cuz Dom sucks. That pick should've been Joe Haden.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#53 : November 05, 2013, 05:20:45 PM

Lmfao! ...good, another adderall connect.

Seriously though, who in that position did we pass on that would've been a better option than McCoy? From then, until now.

I seriously can't recall, but I'm sure plenty of you remember. Idk if we could say atkins either?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#54 : November 05, 2013, 05:34:44 PM

McCoy is a great disrupter but he never finishes plays off. That's why he's a good defensive tackle but not a great one.

Accurate. He had quite a few plays yesterday where he had great penetration, but couldn't finish.

When you penetrate that quickly and don't make the play, it makes a large lane where you came from. Like throwing behind a blitz.
This is the most ironic post I've ever seen on The Red Board and it is a microcosm of the majority who post here

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#55 : November 05, 2013, 07:31:39 PM

Amen.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#56 : November 05, 2013, 08:37:01 PM

Amen.

JPP.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Mizer

Second String

#57 : November 06, 2013, 06:44:58 AM

he doesn't hold the defense to a standard like Sapp did, and he doesn't question coaches when they are calling a bad game.  he needs to step up or take the C off of his jersey.  period.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#58 : November 06, 2013, 07:32:50 AM

He likes to talk though !

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#59 : November 06, 2013, 09:13:39 AM

Chris Jones has 4.5 sacks in NE

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy haters come on in and eat some crow « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools