Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy haters come on in and eat some crow « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

BucNY

Hall of Famer

: November 04, 2013, 01:03:16 PM

Thought he was a bust. Well, turns out McCoy had himself a career day yesterday amassing a paralyzing 6 total tackles on the day. Out of his mind play, consistently all day. Dude couldn't be controlled as he racked up tackle assists like it was no big thing. In fact he got within two feet of sacking the QB a record 7 times on Sunday, that's a PFF signature stat. Top that off with only two personal foul calls and McCoy looks primed to make a 2nd pro bowl this year.

Be a man, call yourself out today.
: November 04, 2013, 01:21:03 PM BucNY

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 04, 2013, 01:07:26 PM

I don't hate McCoy.  I think he is adequate to above average.  He had an outstanding year last year.  He has not come close to duplicating last year.  Great game, ok YTD.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 04, 2013, 01:10:11 PM

I didn't know they kept stats for almost being successful.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 04, 2013, 01:11:12 PM

I generally like McCoy and I love how everyone jumps up and down about what a great game he had because he made so many tackles en route to Seattle rushing for 198 yards yet when he has a game with two tackles when the other team has 18 yards, McCoy is invisible.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 04, 2013, 01:13:33 PM

They should create an award for "almost got em" and call it the Grenade

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 04, 2013, 01:30:28 PM

Yes, and McCoy is by far and away the leader.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

moose40

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 04, 2013, 01:34:52 PM

I can't make fun of GMC, he's not Sapp, but he's playing to his ability right now. It's too bad we don't have a Simeon Rice like player to take advantage of the double teams GMC sees a lot.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 04, 2013, 01:42:09 PM

I'm not making fun of GMC, but the whole "holds the record for number of times he almost got there" bit is ridiculous. It's like a Marv Levy award.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 04, 2013, 01:44:53 PM

I'm not making fun of GMC, but the whole "holds the record for number of times he almost got there" bit is ridiculous. It's like a Marv Levy award.

LMAO +1

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 04, 2013, 01:46:22 PM

If only the Bills had a franchise kicker....

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 04, 2013, 01:46:46 PM

I can't make fun of GMC, he's not Sapp, but he's playing to his ability right now. It's too bad we don't have a Simeon Rice like player to take advantage of the double teams GMC sees a lot.
If McCoy gets doubled, it's by the center and guard. Neither the center nor guard is going to double team an outside pass rusher, so what McCoy is doing doesn't do anything to free up outside pass rushers.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 04, 2013, 01:52:42 PM

Collapsing the pocket prevents the QB from stepping up, giving the DE an advantage. You new to football?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 04, 2013, 01:56:56 PM

Collapsing the pocket prevents the QB from stepping up, giving the DE an advantage. You new to football?
That has nothing to do with "tak[ing] advantage of the double teams GMC sees a lot". If McCoy is being double teamed, chances are he's not going to do much pocket collapsing. The post I responded to clearly made a connection between McCoy being double teamed and thus freeing up an outside rushing defensive end.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#13 : November 04, 2013, 02:11:50 PM

If McCoy gets doubled, it's by the center and guard. Neither the center nor guard is going to double team an outside pass rusher, so what McCoy is doing doesn't do anything to free up outside pass rushers.
Guards don't chip and double team DEs ever?

moose40

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 04, 2013, 02:14:22 PM

That has nothing to do with "tak[ing] advantage of the double teams GMC sees a lot". If McCoy is being double teamed, chances are he's not going to do much pocket collapsing. The post I responded to clearly made a connection between McCoy being double teamed and thus freeing up an outside rushing defensive end.

While I wasn't suggesting freeing up an outside rushing de, am I incorrect in thinking that in blocking schemes the guard could be blocking the dt or de depending on the situation/player level? Meaning if the center can snap the ball and get into his block on the dt, in some cases doesn't that allow the guard to push/chip the dt to the center and then turn to help the tackle neutralize the de?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy haters come on in and eat some crow « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools