Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy haters come on in and eat some crow « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 04, 2013, 02:14:58 PM

I didn't know they kept stats for almost being successful.

They should create an award for "almost got em" and call it the Grenade

Yes, and McCoy is by far and away the leader.

I can't make fun of GMC, he's not Sapp, but he's playing to his ability right now. It's too bad we don't have a Simeon Rice like player to take advantage of the double teams GMC sees a lot.
If McCoy gets doubled, it's by the center and guard. Neither the center nor guard is going to double team an outside pass rusher, so what McCoy is doing doesn't do anything to free up outside pass rushers.
Guards don't chip and double team DEs ever?
Think about it. If Simeon Rice is so fast an offensive tackle can't catch up to him on the outside, how is a guard going to get there? Outside pass rushers get chipped by tight ends, fullbacks, and running backs.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 04, 2013, 02:18:20 PM

Yeah, I'm not gonna hate in GMAC, all the stunting, plus lack of outside pass rush doesn't really help his cause.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 04, 2013, 02:30:18 PM

Thought he was a bust. Well, turns out McCoy had himself a career day yesterday amassing a paralyzing 6 total tackles on the day. Out of his mind play, consistently all day. Dude couldn't be controlled as he racked up tackle assists like it was no big thing. In fact he got within two feet of sacking the QB a record 7 times on Sunday, that's a PFF signature stat. Top that off with only two personal foul calls and McCoy looks primed to make a 2nd pro bowl this year.

Be a man, call yourself out today.

NS if this is sarcastic or not?

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 04, 2013, 02:30:56 PM

Because if this is sincere, LOL@this....

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 04, 2013, 02:32:24 PM

Collapsing the pocket prevents the QB from stepping up, giving the DE an advantage. You new to football?
That has nothing to do with "tak[ing] advantage of the double teams GMC sees a lot". If McCoy is being double teamed, chances are he's not going to do much pocket collapsing. The post I responded to clearly made a connection between McCoy being double teamed and thus freeing up an outside rushing defensive end.

While I wasn't suggesting freeing up an outside rushing de, am I incorrect in thinking that in blocking schemes the guard could be blocking the dt or de depending on the situation/player level? Meaning if the center can snap the ball and get into his block on the dt, in some cases doesn't that allow the guard to push/chip the dt to the center and then turn to help the tackle neutralize the de?
A guard can help out against a 3-4 DE playing the 5-technique, but it's virtually impossible against a 4-3 DE playing the 7 or 9-technique. Look at this screen grab of John Abraham against the Saints. With the angle he's rushing from, it's flat impossible for the guard to do anything. The tackle can't even get there fast enough.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 04, 2013, 02:37:04 PM

I'm not making fun of GMC, but the whole "holds the record for number of times he almost got there" bit is ridiculous. It's like a Marv Levy award.

You are right.

This thread is really silly.

Referencing six tackles as a reason he had a "great game" and that I should eat crow is LOL material.

McCoy-------->0 sacks
Another fail

McCoy------->2 PF flags
Fail

The only time McCoy even touched the QB was when he was slapping him on the helmet.

What a joke, nice franchise DT. LOL

Geno Atkins is out for the year and will have more sacks than McCoy at the end of the season. LOLZ!!!!!!!!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 04, 2013, 03:01:24 PM

I'm not making fun of GMC, but the whole "holds the record for number of times he almost got there" bit is ridiculous. It's like a Marv Levy award.

You are right.

This thread is really silly.

Referencing six tackles as a reason he had a "great game" and that I should eat crow is LOL material.

McCoy-------->0 sacks
Another fail

McCoy------->2 PF flags
Fail

The only time McCoy even touched the QB was when he was slapping him on the helmet.

What a joke, nice franchise DT. LOL

Geno Atkins is out for the year and will have more sacks than McCoy at the end of the season. LOLZ!!!!!!!!

Boom !

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 04, 2013, 03:04:36 PM

Did the OP really need to be in blue?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 04, 2013, 03:25:04 PM

Its a good question, one I also asked. I am assuming he is being serious, but I cant tell for sure..

BucD

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 04, 2013, 03:27:09 PM

I cannot wait to see what McCoy will do when he has just one-two other DL to play with that are worth a damn.  The guy literally has no help at all and yet he still is so so disruptive.

Oh, yeah, then there is that whole scheme thing.  Stunt stunt stunt stunt
: November 04, 2013, 03:29:32 PM MJay9000

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 04, 2013, 03:36:05 PM

He didn't stunt stunt stunt under Raheem. Why did he suck then?  --_--

acacius

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 04, 2013, 03:39:52 PM

It's sarcasm, silly people.  Dumb sarcasm, but sarcasm none the less.

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

#27 : November 04, 2013, 03:47:37 PM

Yeah let's cut McCoy and bring in Tebow...

McCoy is the only one on the d-line worth a damn. I know girls and children that understand football better than some of you.

When it's said that McCoy "frees up the ends by taking double teams", they mean that leaves the DE in a one-on-one, which he should win. He doesn't free up the DE and give him a unblocked path to the QB. Duh.

On top of that, when he isn't performing one of the ineffective and ill-timed stunts, he is usually knifing through that double team but without any outside pressure/contain the QB is able to move and find a receiver or throw it away.

1. Donald
2. Bridgewater
3. Landry
5. Abbrederis
6. Lyerla

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 04, 2013, 03:53:52 PM

I think trading McCoy has merit.

In all seriousness, I think that McCoy has a ton of talent.

I think he is an above average player.

He just isn't good.

He is certainly no where near the player most on this board think he is. At least not at this point.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 04, 2013, 03:57:46 PM

Thought he was a bust. Well, turns out McCoy had himself a career day yesterday amassing a paralyzing 6 total tackles on the day. Out of his mind play, consistently all day. Dude couldn't be controlled as he racked up tackle assists like it was no big thing. In fact he got within two feet of sacking the QB a record 7 times on Sunday, that's a PFF signature stat. Top that off with only two personal foul calls and McCoy looks primed to make a 2nd pro bowl this year.

Be a man, call yourself out today.

NS if this is sarcastic or not?

lol, yes very sarcastic....

Did the OP really need to be in blue?

It's broke

I think trading McCoy has merit.

In all seriousness, I think that McCoy has a ton of talent.

I think he is an above average player.

He just isn't good.

He is certainly no where near the player most on this board think he is. At least not at this point.

More to the point of the thread. He's decent but has no lived up this his salary or draft position. I think at times the penetration he gets actually hurts us.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy haters come on in and eat some crow « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools