Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the story with Glennon? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#30 : November 05, 2013, 12:14:43 AM

Glennon might become an "average" NFL starter, but he is certainly not that right now.  Average indicates to me somewhere between like 14-18 among NFL starters.  Right now Mike Glennon is well below NFL average.  I believe average is probably his ceiling.  I mean really, how many starting quarterbacks can you name that you would like to have less to beat the Dolphins this week?  Like 6-7, maybe? 

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 05, 2013, 12:56:11 AM

anyone but Mariota and I'll be content

gone

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 05, 2013, 12:56:13 AM

Glennon might become an "average" NFL starter, but he is certainly not that right now.  Average indicates to me somewhere between like 14-18 among NFL starters.  Right now Mike Glennon is well below NFL average.  I believe average is probably his ceiling.  I mean really, how many starting quarterbacks can you name that you would like to have less to beat the Dolphins this week?  Like 6-7, maybe?

Kid just played his fifth game as a true rookie.  He also wasn't treated as the starter and prepped for it in TC like guys like Luck and RGIII and other high picks typically are.  He has one good WR who appears disinterested.  The other two starting WRs -- Underwood and Dawson weren't even on the team a month ago.  He's got the 4th or fifth TE starting.  A rookie late round RB.  His third or fourth LG in as many weeks.  Center has been moved around.  Just no production at all from that line until maybe last week.  He's in the center of a media circus and team dysfunction.  His coach is a dinosaur that is clearly pushing him to be extremely conservative.

But you can tell now what his ceiling is?

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#33 : November 05, 2013, 01:16:14 AM

Kid just played his fifth game as a true rookie.  He also wasn't treated as the starter and prepped for it in TC like guys like Luck and RGIII and other high picks typically are.  He has one good WR who appears disinterested.  The other two starting WRs -- Underwood and Dawson weren't even on the team a month ago.  He's got the 4th or fifth TE starting.  A rookie late round RB.  His third or fourth LG in as many weeks.  Center has been moved around.  Just no production at all from that line until maybe last week.  He's in the center of a media circus and team dysfunction.  His coach is a dinosaur that is clearly pushing him to be extremely conservative.

OK, you got me.  I don't have the slightest clue what his ceiling really is.  I can admit I'm an not a professional NFL quarterback talent evaluator.  He hasn't shown special, but that doesn't mean it can't develop I suppose.  It is entirely possible that given a great environment, staff, supporting cast, and some time to grow Mike Glennon could well elevate himself to slightly above average.  I'll stand by the rest of it though.  If I want to win my next game as an NFL coach, right now, Mike Glennon is well down the list of QBs I'm picking. 

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 05, 2013, 01:16:31 AM

No to TB.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 05, 2013, 01:24:11 AM

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 05, 2013, 01:30:31 AM

OK, you got me.  I don't have the slightest clue what his ceiling really is.  I can admit I'm an not a professional NFL quarterback talent evaluator.  He hasn't shown special, but that doesn't mean it can't develop I suppose.  It is entirely possible that given a great environment, staff, supporting cast, and some time to grow Mike Glennon could well elevate himself to slightly above average.  I'll stand by the rest of it though.  If I want to win my next game as an NFL coach, right now, Mike Glennon is well down the list of QBs I'm picking.

The anything is possible defense is nonsense though.

Freeman, McCown, Glennon and Jamarcus could lead the NFL in touchdowns next week. Sure it's possible, but if I'm a betting man ._.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 05, 2013, 07:52:27 AM

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

pewterandred25

Practice Squad

#38 : November 05, 2013, 08:20:47 AM

I don't get all the hate for Glennon...he is playing well and he is only doing what he is asked to do. He is a rookie with a horrible coaching staff. Stick him in a good situation and he is a above average QB.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 05, 2013, 08:35:14 AM

LOL; I wonder the same thing, JPEL. Folks don't understand the team with the best QB loses about as often as they win.
Really?  How many games does Brady lose in a typical year?  How about Peyton?  Rogers?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 05, 2013, 08:58:17 AM

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 05, 2013, 09:05:49 AM

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 05, 2013, 09:13:27 AM

do we even need to ask that question?

It's no coincidence that the same guy who cried "Freeman is a victim"  is now critical of Glennon . . . especially not when its this guy.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 05, 2013, 09:24:08 AM

I don't get all the hate for Glennon...he is playing well and he is only doing what he is asked to do. He is a rookie with a horrible coaching staff. Stick him in a good situation and he is a above average QB.

Seveal reasons a few already mentioned.

1. Glennon is goofy looking
2. He's Schiano's boy and most/all hate Schiano, therefore everyone and everything associated with him is equally as bad
3. He's a 3rd round pick that most/all were confused by us drafting, that included myself BTW.
4. He checks the ball down rather than force it and make a mistake, comparing this to Freeman you'd think would be a good thing but apparently is a huge flaw.
5. He's 0-5 on a team that plays very bad football at times and makes very bad mistakes when they do get rolling.
6. Lastly, many/all want some combination of mariota, teddy or johnny and believe that Glennon playing well means they don't get any of those.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 05, 2013, 09:26:04 AM

lol

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the story with Glennon? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools