Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the story with Glennon? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#45 : November 05, 2013, 09:27:39 AM

do we even need to ask that question?

It's no coincidence that the same guy who cried "Freeman is a victim"  is now critical of Glennon . . . especially not when its this guy.

Yep , lol.  As I said , Freeman was his Waterloo. He took a stand on the wrong issue and was pummeled in extremely embarassing fashion.

Now he is going to overplay this Glennon hate to try and compensate for the Freeman debacle. In the end , he will end up making himself look even more idiotic because although he's no Andrew Luck ,  Glennon has been impressive for a rookie , and this non-stop bashing of him just comes off petty.

Spin on , black hole . Spin on !

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#46 : November 05, 2013, 09:30:07 AM

Watch, he'll be successful somewhere else.

This is what Im afraid of.  Next year we'll draft the next coming of Kordell Stewart, and Glennon grows into a top 5 QB for another team.  Ppl refuse to look at Glennon's play in perspective...he's played only 5 games and is already starting to play mistake free football; it takes 1st year QB's years to get that far, and I mean the ones that turn out to be good.  He seems to be able to read defenses well after only 5 games...dafuq.
So he struggles with the deep ball....ok.   So he hasnt won a game yet...ok (I blame Schiano's mini napoleon's idiocy for that)
Let him go to another team and succeed while we continue to search for our franchise QB and ppl will really start jumping off the Skyway.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#47 : November 05, 2013, 09:36:03 AM

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#48 : November 05, 2013, 09:39:00 AM

It's no coincidence that the same guy who cried "Freeman is a victim"  is now critical of Glennon . . . especially not when its this guy.

Yep , lol.  As I said , Freeman was his Waterloo. He took a stand on the wrong issue and was pummeled in extremely embarassing fashion.

Now he is going to overplay this Glennon hate to try and compensate for the Freeman debacle. In the end , he will end up making himself look even more idiotic because although he's no Andrew Luck ,  Glennon has been impressive for a rookie , and this non-stop bashing of him just comes off petty.

Spin on , black hole . Spin on !
Andrew Luck played far worse in his first 5 starts than Glennon.  Thats what I'm trying to say....ppl are just downright stupid, very few QB's have come as far as Glennon has in his first 5 starts and yet we ignore it mostly due to draft status and terrible overall team performance.  Had Luck had Glennons numbers after 5 games, INDY doctors would still be treating the resulting fanboy priapism, but not us, we Tampa Bay fans want to change already.  Our fan base cant seem to see past the tips of their own noses.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#49 : November 05, 2013, 09:41:47 AM

Dude, every year u look for someone to hate.  Thats all you post, hate mail for whoever ur target is that year....its gotten old.  Its like a constantly complaining wife, after awhile we learn to tune you out.

skipper

Rookie

#50 : November 05, 2013, 10:03:14 AM

I am not sold on Glennon, however I will keep an open mind and I understand he is a rookie. I hear a lot of people talking about what a nice game Glennon had against the Seahawks. He threw for 168 yards, led the team to 3 second half points. I don't think they crossed midfield more then once in the second half, he was average at best. I don't want a QB that we praise because he did not make mistakes, I want a guy who you can count on to lead that game winning drive late in the 4th quarter. Right now I don't have any confidence that Glennon has that quality.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#51 : November 05, 2013, 10:14:27 AM

Dude, every year u look for someone to hate.  Thats all you post, hate mail for whoever ur target is that year....its gotten old.  Its like a constantly complaining wife, after awhile we learn to tune you out.

See ? ....hand overplayed. Here comes the backlash , Comrade.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#52 : November 05, 2013, 10:26:09 AM

I am not sold on Glennon, however I will keep an open mind and I understand he is a rookie. I hear a lot of people talking about what a nice game Glennon had against the Seahawks. He threw for 168 yards, led the team to 3 second half points. I don't think they crossed midfield more then once in the second half, he was average at best. I don't want a QB that we praise because he did not make mistakes, I want a guy who you can count on to lead that game winning drive late in the 4th quarter. Right now I don't have any confidence that Glennon has that quality.

This.

Glennon is doing pretty well and looks magical compared to Freeman. Yet he has neither proved to be a HOFer neither warranted the stupid criticism and vitriol being shown by some.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#53 : November 05, 2013, 10:30:48 AM

They story is that he isn't a franchise QB and we need one of those.  For the first time since 2005, we have a chance to draft one.   No one "hates" the guy. 

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#54 : November 05, 2013, 11:01:56 AM

They story is that he isn't a franchise QB and we need one of those.  For the first time since 2005, we have a chance to draft one.   No one "hates" the guy.

This ^^^^^^^, though I'd make it "he isn't likely a franchise QB."

Hey, I'm cheering hard for this guy to succeed in a big way, not only because I want this team to have a great QB (it's the same reason I cheered hard as hell for Freeman), but because a 3rd round salary at QB is huge.  Plus, we could do all kinds of great things in the draft if we had this spot locked down.

JohnBuc06

Starter

#55 : November 05, 2013, 11:13:01 AM

This ^^^^^^^, though I'd make it "he isn't likely a franchise QB."

Hey, I'm cheering hard for this guy to succeed in a big way, not only because I want this team to have a great QB (it's the same reason I cheered hard as hell for Freeman), but because a 3rd round salary at QB is huge.  Plus, we could do all kinds of great things in the draft if we had this spot locked down.

This ^^^^^^^^ is the exact scenario I'm hoping for this season

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#56 : November 05, 2013, 11:54:05 AM

Exhibit A on the "comes off petty" issue:

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#57 : November 05, 2013, 11:56:30 AM

Andrew Luck played far worse in his first 5 starts than Glennon. 
So maybe first 5 starts are meaningless when projecting someone's career.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#58 : November 05, 2013, 11:58:33 AM

exactly, even if he might be at some point.

Both the love and the hate with Glennon is overplayed

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#59 : November 05, 2013, 11:59:14 AM

Andrew Luck played far worse in his first 5 starts than Glennon. 
So maybe first 5 starts are meaningless when projecting someone's career.

but how did Andrew Luck do against the New Myron Lewis?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the story with Glennon? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools