Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the story with Glennon? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#75 : November 05, 2013, 01:33:51 PM

CBW beat me to it, I see.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#76 : November 05, 2013, 01:34:44 PM

Andrew Luck played far worse in his first 5 starts than Glennon. 
So maybe first 5 starts are meaningless when projecting someone's career.

thanks for bringing sanity into the equation.
The point is some of the greatest QB's to ever play the game started out worse than Glennon is playing now...so saying that he is not capable is rubbish at this point.   With that being said, we have to evaluate him....what traits does Glennon possess that that seem to have been evident in these franchise QB's even from the start.  He shows several in fact, that leads me to believe that it's even probable that Glennon has a shot to be very good.  He has great ball placement (and in my opinion, other than leadership, is the most important trait a QB must possess....what good is a QB that can't throw a ball ala freeman), he's been calm under pressure, seems to be intelligent and can read defenses, and seems to be able to develop into a leader.  He also has some knocks to his game as we'll....he doesn't move around really well, and generally plays close too the vest ( however...look at his college film and you'll see that the conservative play style is most likely play calling) .

And he doesn't throw a deep ball well, and has no 2nd half and especially 4th Quarter success.  The great ones show something regarding taking a team down the field when we need it.   Even in Seattle, we got the ball with time left and the score tied, and that was that.  You can only make an argument to pass up a Franchise QB if you already have one.  Glennon hasnt shown that he is special, here and in college. 

In other words, you don't pass up a Rodgers (if you personally worked him out)  if you have a Chris Simms, which is of course hypothetical, since no one would actually do that.

Careful there Curt. Even though what you said is 100% accurate, it just might be construed as "hate" around here.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#77 : November 05, 2013, 01:38:22 PM

In the mad rush to defend Freeman, everyone wants to be first to point out his low completion percentage. Lowest in the NFL. Now they're defending him with it.

Only on the Red Board.

gatorkmk

Practice Squad

#78 : November 05, 2013, 01:39:40 PM

My concern with Glennon is that the he has never been great in the past. With a lot of rookie QBs (Geno Smith, Luck, EJ Manuel, even going back to Peyton) they have about the same start as Glennon has had, but previously they had been great QBs at the college level. It may take time to translate their game to the NFL level. I think with Glennon this is what you're going to get, there's not a lot of upside with him. That was the knock on him in the draft, 'NFL ready, but has already hit his (relatively) low ceiling. Five to ten years ago you could put a great defense and mediocre offense on the field and win a championship, with the rule changes in the NFL you can't now. A team needs a good QB that can score often to win.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#79 : November 05, 2013, 02:01:03 PM

In the mad rush to defend Freeman, everyone wants to be first to point out his low completion percentage. Lowest in the NFL. Now they're defending him with it.

Only on the Red Board.

Who's defending Freeman? Only on the Red Board would someone argue that calling out a blatanly false comparison predicated on a completely inaccurate assessment of facts is a defense.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#80 : November 05, 2013, 02:06:31 PM

The two QBs who ran this system this year are the two lowest rated QBs in ypa. Blatantly false, or fact?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#81 : November 05, 2013, 02:09:42 PM

The two QBs who ran this system this year are the two lowest rated QBs in ypa. Blatantly false, or fact?

Try and follow here. That would be the fact that was completely inaccurately assessed. Freeman and Glennon's deep ball was the blatantly false comparison.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#82 : November 05, 2013, 02:11:22 PM

Fact, but has nothing to do with the underlying issue - that Glennon struggles with the deep ball.

Nobody was defending Freeman - only pointing out that the reason for the similarly low YPA is totally different.

It's math, man.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#83 : November 05, 2013, 02:19:10 PM

When I click on "Long," Glennon goes up to 27, Freeman drops off the page to 42.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#84 : November 05, 2013, 02:23:08 PM

Only on the Red Board.

Who's defending Freeman? Only on the Red Board would someone argue that calling out a blatanly false comparison predicated on a completely inaccurate assessment of facts is a defense.

ouch. corrected by CBW  . . . .oh the pain

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#85 : November 05, 2013, 02:30:54 PM

Now he is going to overplay this Glennon hate t

Not "he".  She.  Comrade is actually comradette.

Welcome to 2013 sexist pig. I hope Ladyfan dropkicks you.

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#86 : November 05, 2013, 05:06:15 PM

When I click on "Long," Glennon goes up to 27, Freeman drops off the page to 42.

That's great that he's had a single throw longer than any that Freeman has thrown this season.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#87 : November 05, 2013, 07:27:57 PM

Who's defending Freeman?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#88 : November 05, 2013, 08:13:31 PM

Who's defending Freeman?

LMAO

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#89 : November 06, 2013, 01:41:17 PM

Glennon has been adequate. Mariotta, Bridgewater, Manziel, Hundley...they all have the chance to be great players in the NFL.

Until Glennon can prove he can be great or at least better than those guys - the criticism and the questions will continue. I personally do not want to see Mike Glennon starting Week One in 2014.  I think we can do better, especially if we retain a top 5 pick.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the story with Glennon? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools