Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the story with Glennon? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#90 : November 06, 2013, 01:58:59 PM

JasonOfthetower:
 "Glennon has been adequate. Mariotta, Bridgewater, Manziel, Hundley...they all have the chance to be great players in the NFL.

Until Glennon can prove he can be great or at least better than those guys - the criticism and the questions will continue."

None of those guys has proved anything.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#91 : November 06, 2013, 02:17:25 PM

They hve proved they can be great t the collegiate level, which is more than Glennon has shown.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#92 : November 06, 2013, 02:21:48 PM

Two months ago Glennon hadn't proven he was better than Freeman. You can't be afraid of the unknown if the known is lacking.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#93 : November 06, 2013, 02:23:04 PM

Two months ago Glennon hadn't proven he was better than Freeman. You can't be afraid of the unknown if the known is lacking.

Exactly, just two months ago some people were calling Glennon a wasted pick. 

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#94 : November 06, 2013, 03:04:31 PM

Boom !

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#95 : November 06, 2013, 03:10:11 PM

Glennon has been adequate. Mariotta, Bridgewater, Manziel, Hundley...they all have the chance to be great players in the NFL.

Until Glennon can prove he can be great or at least better than those guys - the criticism and the questions will continue. I personally do not want to see Mike Glennon starting Week One in 2014.  I think we can do better, especially if we retain a top 5 pick.

You are half right, I mean Flutie and Freeman, errr Manziel and Hundley won't be great for sure.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#96 : November 06, 2013, 04:31:03 PM

Boom !

I think you guys missed FRG's point.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#97 : November 06, 2013, 06:13:06 PM

Dude, every year u look for someone to hate.  Thats all you post, hate mail for whoever ur target is that year....its gotten old.  Its like a constantly complaining wife, after awhile we learn to tune you out.

Whatever dude. Who did I pick to hate last season? If anything, I've DEFENDED more players than I've hated on. The only player I've ever actually hated on in the past was Geno Hayes.

As for Glennon, I don't hate him either. I'm not sold on him, and that get's equated as "hate" around here by some of the ultra sensitive, reactionary panty wastes on this message board, such as yourself. The only criticism's I have ever seriously posted about Glennon have been ones that were echoed by a number of others, who can look past meaningless comparisons to Andrew Luck, and smoke and mirror 1st half performances and see that this guy is playing better than expected, but is still showing too many of the negative tendencies that pushed him into the 3rd round to really be considered the answer at QB. Someone that can justify passing on an elite prospect in the next draft.

As for the meme's, that was just in good fun to rib Delirious, who continuously posts vitriolic Josh Freeman meme's even though the guy hasn't been on the team for weeks. Funny how we pick and choose which players posters are "allowed" to hate on.
Point taken.  However, lets not pretend that the draft prospects don't have their negative tendencies either...some of which are even more concerning than lack of success throwing the deep ball.  Bridgewater hasnt faced the tough competition, Mariotta has accuracy concerns (huge knock in my book), and Manziels got question marks about his game translating to the pros.  To me, those question marks are more profound than "He has trouble with the long ball." 

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#98 : November 06, 2013, 07:44:57 PM

If we draft a QB with our first rounder then he was a wasted pick.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#99 : November 06, 2013, 08:22:48 PM

You can never have too many great QBs. If we draft mariota or Manziel and Glennon beats them out for the starting job, then we are even better off. Right? ;)

gone

Hall of Famer
#100 : November 06, 2013, 08:51:34 PM

If we draft a QB with our first rounder then he was a wasted pick.

Still wouldn't be a wasted pick if he is a good backup.  Plenty of teams have crap there.

Hell just look at the trash the Vikings have backing up Ponder...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#101 : November 06, 2013, 09:03:39 PM

I think he is a good back up, but if we go with a QB like Mariota or Manziel, we will most likely be running an offense that uses their mobility. It would make more sense to have a mobile back up QB. Maybe a straight up trade. Glennon for Tyrod Taylor.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#102 : November 06, 2013, 09:06:21 PM

You can never have too many great QBs. If we draft mariota or Manziel and Glennon beats them out for the starting job, then we are even better off. Right? ;)
In a perfect world...yes.  But lets be realistic, draft position carries a ton of weight....in the first few years, draft position probably weighs more than than actual performance.  Thats why its taken 5 years to finally cut ties with Freeman.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the story with Glennon? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools