Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the story with Glennon? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

JPell

Practice Squad

: November 04, 2013, 05:52:03 PM

Jets fan once again coming in peace. I am VERY confused about something if I may propose a question. From my LIMITED perspective, it seems as if Glennon is playing decently thus far in his rookie season. Why is it then that so many fans on this board seem so anxious to boot him or scold him constantly? He just had an impressive game against the Seahawks, yet I still read some Bucs fans wanting him off the team next season. What exactly am I missing from Glennon?

We are thorugh a similar position with Geno Smith. Some weeks he looks like a bonafide superstar, while other weeks he looks like a rookie QB. We understand the need to be patient with him, especially since he has absolutely NO weapons to throw to. Why is it not the same here?

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 04, 2013, 05:55:24 PM

Glennon is a 3rd Round QB who is "married" to our current, lame duck Head Coach.

Do you keep Glennon and let a Manziel go to another team??  Keep a B quarterback and pass on an A quarterback.....

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 04, 2013, 05:56:39 PM

When your record is 0-7/0-8, etc. people start to get visions of the sugar plum fairy Andy Luck coming to save the day with the #1 overall pick, because #1 pick QBs can't miss.  They will take you to the promise land, just look at Andrew Luck and the Colts.

These people don't want to realize that there are all those Jamarcus Russels out there too, and chances that next years #1 is A. Luck vs. J. Russel, doesn't cross their minds.  They are blinded by the Colt's success.

Unless he wins games, Glennon is doomed, no matter how good he plays.

gone

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 04, 2013, 05:58:12 PM

Jets fan once again coming in peace. I am VERY confused about something if I may propose a question. From my LIMITED perspective, it seems as if Glennon is playing decently thus far in his rookie season. Why is it then that so many fans on this board seem so anxious to boot him or scold him constantly? He just had an impressive game against the Seahawks, yet I still read some Bucs fans wanting him off the team next season. What exactly am I missing from Glennon?

We are thorugh a similar position with Geno Smith. Some weeks he looks like a bonafide superstar, while other weeks he looks like a rookie QB. We understand the need to be patient with him, especially since he has absolutely NO weapons to throw to. Why is it not the same here?

1)  A great many people here are bigger fans of Freeman than the Bucs, and are angry at Glennon by proxy for Josh being cut
2)  Many people can't get past the 3rd round tag
3)  He is one of "Schiano's guys" and the hate is contagious.
4)  We haven't won a game.
5)  He hasn't been a playmaker, he's been a manager -- that's not sexy enough.

BucsGators

Starter

#4 : November 04, 2013, 06:01:38 PM

Glennon has played quite well under pressure, but he's got to win. He has played largely mistake free football i.e. not throwing bone headed picks like Freeman. Obviously he threw 2 crucial picks in the 4th quarter against ARZ but he's only thrown 3 INT's in 5 games.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 04, 2013, 06:05:17 PM

Glennon has played quite well under pressure, but he's got to win. He has played largely mistake free football i.e. not throwing bone headed picks like Freeman. Obviously he threw 2 crucial picks in the 4th quarter against ARZ but he's only thrown 3 INT's in 5 games. because his dad, Coach Schiano, has told him to "not try to win games/ play it safe and lose, if neccessary".

fixed it

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 04, 2013, 06:12:58 PM

LOL; I wonder the same thing, JPEL. Folks don't understand the team with the best QB loses about as often as they win.And,these fans areconvinced the QBs in the next draft will help us win more games than Glennon plus the draft pick we'd pick if we DON'T pick a QB next year... Go figure...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 04, 2013, 06:29:56 PM

168 yards passing yesterday. Yeah. That was an amazing performance.

People like him because he stands tall, stays calm, and is unflappable as a rookie. Unfortunately, when you get past his impressive pocket presence and look at the rest of his game....he is nothing more than a back up QB. His numbers late in games are horrible. When crunch time comes and we need him to make some outstanding plays....he throws a 3 yard dump off.  A dink and dunk game manager that will make a fine #2. That is all. That is why people are ready to draft a Bridgewater or Mariota or Manziel.
: November 04, 2013, 06:31:39 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 04, 2013, 06:32:52 PM

LOL; I wonder the same thing, JPEL. Folks don't understand the team with the best QB loses about as often as they win.And,these fans areconvinced the QBs in the next draft will help us win more games than Glennon plus the draft pick we'd pick if we DON'T pick a QB next year... Go figure...

That's the reason we're 0-8. It's because we need a draft pick that isn't a QB so that Glennon can be a QB that doesn't disappear in the 2nd half. Yeah. That's the ticket.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 04, 2013, 06:40:03 PM

our fans are a bunch of richie incognitos

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 04, 2013, 06:41:32 PM

our fans are a bunch of richie incognitos
Nice one

Even stronger than calling them Schianos :)

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 04, 2013, 06:44:38 PM

168 yards passing yesterday. Yeah. That was an amazing performance.

People like him because he stands tall, stays calm, and is unflappable as a rookie. Unfortunately, when you get past his impressive pocket presence and look at the rest of his game....he is nothing more than a back up QB. His numbers late in games are horrible. When crunch time comes and we need him to make some outstanding plays....he throws a 3 yard dump off.  A dink and dunk game manager that will make a fine #2. That is all. That is why people are ready to draft a Bridgewater or Mariota or Manziel.

It's amazing. You get called all kinds of names and labeled a hater for pointing out this simple truth. People keep saying he played a great game yesterday, even though he passed for a grand total of 44 yards in the entire 2nd half.

Our last five possessions of the game, Glennon went 6-8 for 31 yards, 3.9 yards per attempt. Longest completion went for 8 yards. No completions for a 1st down. We punted the ball all five times. Awe inspiring performance, I've been told...

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 04, 2013, 07:10:57 PM

Every opponent game thread I've seen has been praising Glennon. He gets a lot more hate on here than anywhere else.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 04, 2013, 07:17:19 PM

Watch, he'll be successful somewhere else.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 04, 2013, 07:35:16 PM

Every opponent game thread I've seen has been praising Glennon. He gets a lot more hate on here than anywhere else.

The Bucs sucking and being irrelevant is natural and calming to the rest of the NFL. Of course they like Glennon leading us. He's humble and a lovable loser.

However, Schiano is a jerk, no one likes him even if he helps the Bucs suck. Pitchforks!

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the story with Glennon? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools