Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the story with Glennon? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 04, 2013, 08:14:45 PM

168 yards passing yesterday. Yeah. That was an amazing performance.

People like him because he stands tall, stays calm, and is unflappable as a rookie. Unfortunately, when you get past his impressive pocket presence and look at the rest of his game....he is nothing more than a back up QB. His numbers late in games are horrible. When crunch time comes and we need him to make some outstanding plays....he throws a 3 yard dump off.  A dink and dunk game manager that will make a fine #2. That is all. That is why people are ready to draft a Bridgewater or Mariota or Manziel.
[/quote
It's amazing. You get called all kinds of names and labeled a hater for pointing out simple truth. People keep saying he played a great game yesterday, even though he passed for a grand total of 44 yards in the entire 2nd half.

Our last five possessions of the game, Glennon went 6-8 for 31 yards, 3.9 yards per attempt. Longest completion went for 8 yards. No completions for a 1st down. We punted the ball all five times. Awe inspiring performance, I've been told...
In the time wher he threw.short, WHO was open downfield in the same time frame?
: November 04, 2013, 08:18:56 PM NotDeadYet

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 04, 2013, 09:05:13 PM

Outplayed your boy.....big time. Once again Wilson deserved a L but got a W because he handed the ball of to lynch

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#17 : November 04, 2013, 09:10:11 PM

Jets fan once again coming in peace. I am VERY confused about something if I may propose a question. From my LIMITED perspective, it seems as if Glennon is playing decently thus far in his rookie season. Why is it then that so many fans on this board seem so anxious to boot him or scold him constantly? He just had an impressive game against the Seahawks, yet I still read some Bucs fans wanting him off the team next season. What exactly am I missing from Glennon?

We are thorugh a similar position with Geno Smith. Some weeks he looks like a bonafide superstar, while other weeks he looks like a rookie QB. We understand the need to be patient with him, especially since he has absolutely NO weapons to throw to. Why is it not the same here?

Because non-Glennon fans are delusional and have no idea how to evaluate talent. Glennon is a very good QB who is only going to get better. I wouldn't trade him for any QB in the upcoming draft. Glennon is our franchise QB and he will be the best QB the Bucs have ever had in the end.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#18 : November 04, 2013, 09:13:12 PM

Glennon has played better than expected so far.

But he needs to prove that he can be a franchise QB.

Or we will try to draft one in the first round.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 04, 2013, 09:33:40 PM

Outplayed your boy.....big time. Once again Wilson deserved a L but got a W because he handed the ball of to lynch

Wilson threw for as many yards in Seattle's last possession as Glennon threw for in the entire second half of the football game. Wilson deserved an L, but got a W because he outplayed Glennon when it mattered the most.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 04, 2013, 09:54:07 PM

He did? Wilson threw for more yards, threw 2TDs, rushed for a 3rd TD, and came up big at the end of the game.....and won. He's missing his top 2 WRs, he has the worst O-line in the league, and his defense played poorly on this particular Sunday....but he still won. He's 13-0 at home now. That's impressive. He's 19-7 overall. That is impressive. He had 30 TDs as a rookie and has 16 this year. That is impressive. He has a 94 QB rating and has averaged 8.8 yards pr pass in the 4th quarter over his short career. That is impressive.

How many games has Glennon won? How many TDs have we scored in the 4th quarter in the six games Glennon has been under center? Who has a 3.7 yards per pass average and 29 QB rating in the 4th quarter?

But Yeah. Keep propping up this back up to be more than he is. Whatever floats your boat buddy.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 04, 2013, 10:06:06 PM

He did? Wilson threw for more yards, threw 2TDs, rushed for a 3rd TD, and came up big at the end of the game.....and won. He's missing his top 2 WRs, he has the worst O-line in the league, and his defense played poorly on this particular Sunday....but he still won. He's 13-0 at home now. That's impressive. He's 19-7 overall. That is impressive. He had 30 TDs as a rookie and has 16 this year. That is impressive. He has a 94 QB rating and has averaged 8.8 yards pr pass in the 4th quarter over his short career. That is impressive.

How many games has Glennon won? How many TDs have we scored in the 4th quarter in the six games Glennon has been under center? Who has a 3.7 yards per pass average and 29 QB rating in the 4th quarter?

But Yeah. Keep propping up this back up to be more than he is. Whatever floats your boat buddy.

or...

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#22 : November 04, 2013, 10:13:21 PM

^
^
^
^
Haha. Nice one.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 04, 2013, 10:14:36 PM

fans of a team that just went through five YEARS with Freeman now criticizing a rookie in his fifth GAME for only throwing 2TDs and no INTs in the toughest stadium in football against perhaps the best secondary in football . . .  smh.

To be sure Glennon gets some extra love because of the favorable comparison to an awful Freeman, but maybe a little perspective is in order?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 04, 2013, 10:36:02 PM

: November 04, 2013, 10:41:39 PM CBWx2

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 04, 2013, 11:12:49 PM

Personally I think Buc fans are just permanently mind **CENSORED**ed when it comes to QBs and right now our collective standards are so low because of Freeman, that many folks are desperately grasping at anything. It's actually kinda sad. I hope we pick the right guy in this draft. Tampa deserves it.

I hope the Browns get a good Qb in this draft too. Their fans have it even worse than ours. They definitely deserve it.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#26 : November 04, 2013, 11:16:15 PM

Glennon sucks.

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#27 : November 04, 2013, 11:17:45 PM

Personally I think Buc fans are just permanently mind **CENSORED**ed when it comes to QBs and right now our collective standards are so low because of Freeman, that many folks are desperately grasping at anything. It's actually kinda sad. I hope we pick the right guy in this draft. Tampa deserves it.

I hope the Browns get a good Qb in this draft too. Their fans have it even worse than ours. They definitely deserve it.

I agree. But unlike the Bucs, the Browns have had franchise QBs in the past. Bucs have never had their guy.

Thanks for the sig Java!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 05, 2013, 12:02:59 AM

Glennon sucks by comparison to mariota or manziel, but he's average at the NFL level.

Those two will be much better in the NFL than glennon.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 05, 2013, 12:07:27 AM

Sooooooon....

Gonna be sweeeeeeeeet! :D
: November 05, 2013, 12:11:33 AM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the story with Glennon? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools