Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The sad truth for me and probably many others. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

J_Football

Rookie

: November 04, 2013, 07:37:07 PM

I don't say this in exaggeration or self-pity, but in truth. Since I was old enough to say 'Go Bucs' I've been a diehard fan. My whole family has. No matter what happens, or how much we fight, we always came together on Sundays to watch our hometown heroes do their thing. I'm currently 21 years old, and to be honest I'm going through some of the roughest years of my life. The one thing that always helped me get through these trials and tribulations was lookong forward to watching my team on Sundays.
With that said, after all these years, I just don't feel that connection. The way this team has been ran, the way they play, is just depressing. It's clear that something needs epressing and to me it's like I've lost the love of my life. I just don't even know how to support this team anymore. I will never give up hope because I just simply can't. But for those of us like me, something needs to change. I'm not just talking about the coach either. The Bucs are dead. And I just don't see any scenario where they turn it all around.
Here's the cold, harsh reality.. the world has changed. Players are spoiled, and football is no longer football. The days of Brooks and Barber and Sapp are gone. The only thing players care about anymore is themselves. They care about fame, fortune, and personal gains. They don't care about each other. They don't care about winning. And they don't care what us fans think. Now there are exceptions, like McCoy and Glennon. But overall, our team if full of a bunch of bad eggs, and although I will always support the franchise, it's becoming increasingly difficult to support the players representing us. I don't see this team improving.
As much as it sucks... we need to nuke the facility and start from scratch. Rebuild all over again.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 04, 2013, 07:43:56 PM

Patience, brother..our day will come.

NEVER abandon hope.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 04, 2013, 07:45:19 PM

I think the hardest thing is 2 out of the last 4 years, we've been PROMISED SO MUCH-- and been given a steaming pile of dog**CENSORED** (twice).

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 04, 2013, 07:45:47 PM

Rest assured, Warren Sapp never cared what any fan thought.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 04, 2013, 07:47:13 PM

There's a lot of new players from free agency and the draft. It's a much different roster than even 2 years ago. To me, it has nothing to do with the players. It has everything to do with the staff, not only Schiano, but the majority of coaches that he brought in are useless. Other teams have to worry about their coaches moving up the ranks and moving to other teams, but we won't have that issue because they're mostly terrible. Our WR coach from last year was pretty much the only one with potential.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#5 : November 04, 2013, 07:49:59 PM

I hear you buddy, but you just need to relax. I've been a fan since the inaugural season. I sat in the old sombrero during 0-14. At 21 I am guessing the earliest memories you have of the team maybe go back to 99? Well, your blessing and curse was that you came on board during the absolute highlight of the franchise. You may never see a Bucs team again that can stand with that team. One of the greatest defenses of all time. That being said, even on those teams there were good guys and me first guys. Just like the current team. I don't find the guys on the team to be particularly unlikable. In fact, most guys seem downright nice and humble.

Nothing extreme needs to be done to the players. The organization just needs a new coaching staff, and perhaps front office. Trust me, this team with a good staff can make a lot of noise. There is a reason everyone had high hopes before the season started and it wasn't Schiano.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 04, 2013, 08:11:00 PM

That's why this team needs Lovie.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#7 : November 04, 2013, 09:25:03 PM

I don't say this in exaggeration or self-pity, but in truth. Since I was old enough to say 'Go Bucs' I've been a diehard fan. My whole family has. No matter what happens, or how much we fight, we always came together on Sundays to watch our hometown heroes do their thing. I'm currently 21 years old, and to be honest I'm going through some of the roughest years of my life. The one thing that always helped me get through these trials and tribulations was lookong forward to watching my team on Sundays.
With that said, after all these years, I just don't feel that connection. The way this team has been ran, the way they play, is just depressing. It's clear that something needs epressing and to me it's like I've lost the love of my life. I just don't even know how to support this team anymore. I will never give up hope because I just simply can't. But for those of us like me, something needs to change. I'm not just talking about the coach either. The Bucs are dead. And I just don't see any scenario where they turn it all around.
Here's the cold, harsh reality.. the world has changed. Players are spoiled, and football is no longer football. The days of Brooks and Barber and Sapp are gone. The only thing players care about anymore is themselves. They care about fame, fortune, and personal gains. They don't care about each other. They don't care about winning. And they don't care what us fans think. Now there are exceptions, like McCoy and Glennon. But overall, our team if full of a bunch of bad eggs, and although I will always support the franchise, it's becoming increasingly difficult to support the players representing us. I don't see this team improving.
As much as it sucks... we need to nuke the facility and start from scratch. Rebuild all over again.

By the way, there is always hope.  Kansas City was 2-14 last year.  They are 9-0 this year.  We beat them by 28 last year.  This year we are 0-8.

We need a new coach, a new QB and possible a new GM.
NFL teams can turn things around quickly.

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 04, 2013, 09:45:16 PM

I would take off and nuke the site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

It's the only way to be sure

m_j

Starter

#9 : November 05, 2013, 03:45:14 AM

I hear you buddy, but you just need to relax. I've been a fan since the inaugural season. I sat in the old sombrero during 0-14. At 21 I am guessing the earliest memories you have of the team maybe go back to 99? Well, your blessing and curse was that you came on board during the absolute highlight of the franchise. You may never see a Bucs team again that can stand with that team. One of the greatest defenses of all time. That being said, even on those teams there were good guys and me first guys. Just like the current team. I don't find the guys on the team to be particularly unlikable. In fact, most guys seem downright nice and humble.

Nothing extreme needs to be done to the players. The organization just needs a new coaching staff, and perhaps front office. Trust me, this team with a good staff can make a lot of noise. There is a reason everyone had high hopes before the season started and it wasn't Schiano.

I'll second that. Every single one of us, older fans, who can remember hopeless times under Culverhouse ownership will say the same.

This team is not hopeless, we just need good coaching staff and a good draft, and it all might turn around. The best example is what happened in SF when Harbaugh came, or with KC under Reid. All we need is Glazers to take a right step forward after getting rid of this college rowdy!

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 05, 2013, 09:45:25 AM

The sad truth for you and probably many others ...is that you're bandwagon fans.

19bucs19

Second String

#11 : November 05, 2013, 09:54:47 AM

The sad truth for you and probably many others ...is that you're bandwagon fans.

I think the bandwagon fans are long gone (the empty seats in ray-jay say so) anybody who still cares about this team after the crapfest we have endured the past decade is probably a real fan.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 05, 2013, 10:29:09 AM

Funny that someone 21yrs. old thinks he's living in rough times.............

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#13 : November 05, 2013, 10:42:18 AM

Anyone on this forum is not a bandwagon fan.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 05, 2013, 11:45:42 AM

First and foremost, I hope your bad times get better and i'm sure they will turn at some point.

I watch football on Sundays for an escape. For me, it's a short break from reality of life and way for me to go back to "the old days" when things were much simplier. I know I do it and I'm okay with it. I tune out life for a few hours on sunday and after we get beat, I tune back in. It's not about the winning for me, although having a game that matters sure makes it more fun, that 10-6 season was the most fun I'd had watching buc ball in years. I like our players, I like our coaches, although they are seemingly far less effective this year and I like the stadium. I consider myself a true fan, maybe other think I'm a homer. I have my opinions about what we should do and not do but in the end, it doesn't take much for me to get behind every single one of our players. I'm not hear for the winning, I'm here because I enjoy football, I enjoy the bucs players and it's entertainment for me. No aimed at you OP, but if you came into week one banking on promises made and guarantees of fame and fortune, you might be as silly as the person making such claims. There are no gaurantees in life and certainly none in pro football. To be mad at anyone for not holding up to their promises is just misguided. Be here because you like the team, because you like football or because you and your wife enjoy the games together. Being here only for the wins, IMO, makes you a fan of winning and not the bucs. The bucs could go winless this year, keep Schiano and company, go winless next year and I'd still try to fly down and see a game in 2015. Football is entertainment and maybe a few wins and some bragging rights. Outside of that, fans are largely way to invested and to emotional. Enjoy it for what it is and be happy.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The sad truth for me and probably many others. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools