Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Expect to see these names when the coaching carousel season begins. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Benchwarmer#1

******
Hall of Famer

Posts : 13376
Offline
#15 : November 05, 2013, 11:35:16 AM

Childress is the posterboy of rape-van drivers everywhere.

Still, a much better coach than schiano.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

VA_Buc30

****
Starter

Posts : 746
Offline
#16 : November 05, 2013, 11:36:49 AM

Schiano in 2014.


DanTurksGhost

******
Hall of Famer

Posts : 19746
Offline
#17 : November 05, 2013, 11:38:31 AM

Schiano in 2014.

Ha. You silly DTG

I'm not convinced he's going to get fired.

pzimm7778

*
Starter
****
Posts : 283
Offline
#18 : November 05, 2013, 11:59:13 AM

Schiano in 2014.

Ha. You silly DTG

I'm not convinced he's going to get fired.

I'm slowly coming to this conclusion too based on the fact he is still head coach today.

Booker Reese

******
Hall of Famer

Posts : 8174
Offline
#19 : November 05, 2013, 11:59:41 AM

I'd love to hear the case for Bevell.

I'm not vehemently opposed, but I hope it goes beyond "they had a great offense last year," because we don't have Russell Wilson. Here's how Football Outsider's ranks his offenses since he became an OC (counting backwards from 2013). The 4th-ranked was last year. The 8th rank was Favre's last hurrah. Let's also keep in mind he had a hand in the Flynn and Tavaris Jackson signings in Seattle.

14, 4, 22, 27,8, 25, 16, 31.
I think the argument would be if you have Tarvaris Jackson as your QB, you have bigger problems than your head coach. All coaches are only as successful as the players they have so you look at all of them in the ideal situation as having close to the types of players they need, and in those circumstances Bevell has been good.

Sure - fair point - but this is also a guy who brought Jackson in. He's also had a hand in bringing in Percy Harvin, for 3 picks, including a number 1 this year.  A talented player for sure, but one who had a history of missing games, and is missing more this year.

Those things matter if you are going to be a HC.

The other thing about Bevell that would worry me - how much of the offense's success is due to Russell Wilson's improvisational skills, and how much is due to Bevell. Hard to tell I think.

Again, I'm not vehemently opposed, but I'm far from sold he's the best candidate for the job, and that's before we get any insight into whether he's a guy with the other attributes to transition from coordinator to HC. 

CalcuttaRain

*
Hall of Famer
******
Posts : 20251
Online
#20 : November 05, 2013, 12:06:31 PM

Wilson made several big "improvisational" plays against the Bucs

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

bradentonian

******
Hall of Famer

Posts : 27838
Online
#21 : November 05, 2013, 12:11:33 PM

What about Aaron Kromer?

He's worn a lot of offensive hats over the years, had a trial run as interim head coach last year with the Saints and is currently running (obviously with Trestman's help) Football Outsider's 7th-ranked offense. The guy has worked with some smart offensive guys.

I'm not banging the table, but think he should be in the mix.

And a former Buc


CurtR1995

******
Hall of Famer

Posts : 2711
Offline
#22 : November 05, 2013, 12:14:07 PM

Schiano in 2014.

Ha. You silly DTG

I'm not convinced he's going to get fired.

I agree.  2 years into a 5 year deal is a problem. 

RHBucsFan

*****
Pro Bowler

Posts : 1419
Offline
#23 : November 05, 2013, 12:15:51 PM

no Raheem Morris?

Tampafan8251

*
Starter
****
Posts : 771
Offline
#24 : November 05, 2013, 12:16:01 PM

He's 0-8, there is no way you keep a coach after getting 7 wins last year adding all this talent and possibly finishing with 2 or 3 wins, Cummings said on the radio today that Schiano's chances of coming back are 20-30 % at best, unless this guy pulls off a six game winning streak than its goodbye

DanTurksGhost

******
Hall of Famer

Posts : 19746
Offline
#25 : November 05, 2013, 12:19:55 PM

He's 0-8, there is no way you keep a coach after getting 7 wins last year adding all this talent and possibly finishing with 2 or 3 wins, Cummings said on the radio today that Schiano's chances of coming back are 20-30 % at best, unless this guy pulls off a six game winning streak than its goodbye

Well, we all know that Roy Cummings is always right.

And even if he IS right this time, he says that there's up to 30% chance he comes back. So according to Roy, there's only a 70% chance he gets fired. Even a 1% chance he remains is still a chance.

So even Roy admits that Schiano's firing is NOT a foregone conclusion.

Sailing2smth

****
Starter

Posts : 474
Offline
#26 : November 05, 2013, 12:22:12 PM

I am beginning to warm up to the idea of Jay Gruden coming here.

Tampafan8251

*
Starter
****
Posts : 771
Offline
#27 : November 05, 2013, 12:23:15 PM

well all i can say is the Glazers have fired past coaches who actually have won games and the fan base were behind so if they don't fire Schiano than your gonna see less fans in the stands than the Jags including me who will no longer support this organization, this guy is a complete joke and still thinks he is at Rutgers

dalbuc

******
Hall of Famer

Posts : 21581
Offline
#28 : November 05, 2013, 12:33:52 PM

He's 0-8, there is no way you keep a coach after getting 7 wins last year adding all this talent and possibly finishing with 2 or 3 wins, Cummings said on the radio today that Schiano's chances of coming back are 20-30 % at best, unless this guy pulls off a six game winning streak than its goodbye

Well, we all know that Roy Cummings is always right.

And even if he IS right this time, he says that there's up to 30% chance he comes back. So according to Roy, there's only a 70% chance he gets fired. Even a 1% chance he remains is still a chance.

So even Roy admits that Schiano's firing is NOT a foregone conclusion.

Well and this season sets up to show improvement, I mean we couldn't be any worse in the second half than the first so by any definition if they take the season in isolation they will see improvement. Unless Rutgers coaches the second half of a season like he does the second half of a game.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

******
Hall of Famer

Posts : 27795
Online
#29 : November 05, 2013, 12:44:53 PM

Sure - fair point - but this is also a guy who brought Jackson in. He's also had a hand in bringing in Percy Harvin, for 3 picks, including a number 1 this year.  A talented player for sure, but one who had a history of missing games, and is missing more this year.

Those things matter if you are going to be a HC.
When you look at QB decisions, circumstances coaches don't have anything to do with are huge. As we saw with Raheem Morris in 2009, Childress and Bevell were put into a difficult situation because they inherited a team that had a successful season the year before. The 2005 Vikings with Mike Tice and Brad Johnson went 9-7 but ownership decided to blow things up, so the new guys didn't have high picks to play with. They had to make the best with what they had. Picking at #17 in 2006, they missed out on all three QBs with first round grades so they took a flyer on Jackson at the very end of the 2nd. The other QBs who went around that area were Kellen Clemons, Charlie Whitehurst, and Brodie Croyle. They were screwed no matter what. If they had decided to wait until 2007, they would have seen the worst QB class in modern history. So you can say he was responsible for selecting Jackson, but if I'm going to hold something against someone, I have to know he had a better option and chose the wrong one.

Regarding Percy Harvin, this is just my personal theory, but I believe much like Greg Schiano with Mike Glennon, I think Pete Carroll had a long simmering unrequited love affair with Harvin from his college days. As you might know, Harvin was an elite prep prospect who got recruited by every big school, including USC at the height of Carroll's run, and I believe that tremendously affected Seattle's decision to make that move.

Again, I'm not vehemently opposed, but I'm far from sold he's the best candidate for the job, and that's before we get any insight into whether he's a guy with the other attributes to transition from coordinator to HC.
But you're right at the end of the day it doesn't matter what kind of schematic genius any coach is if he doesn't have the right personality and management skills necessary to be a head coach and none of us have any idea about any of these guys.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Expect to see these names when the coaching carousel season begins. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools