Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Expect to see these names when the coaching carousel season begins. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#60 : November 05, 2013, 11:13:16 PM

Gruden was a win now kind of guy.  Don't think he hated rookie QBs per se.  He liked good QBs and  rookie QBs usually aren't very good .   He didn't have a problem playing rookies at any other position .

In fairness, until the Kiffen divorce, and the drama it created, I think Gruden and most folks thought that with Brooks, Barber and that defense we were chasing a closing window for contending.   I think he wanted to limp along with a patchwork veteran QB into the playoffs and try to ride that D to contention.  I believe that ultimately condemned him. 

I also don't believe that he wanted or believed in Simms at all. 

CreamsicleCrazy

Rookie

#61 : November 06, 2013, 12:16:52 AM

I think the Glazers knew from day one that Raheem probably couldn't get the job done, but they were willing to be surprised (and content to save some money after giving lots of it to Gruden).

Something tells me that they see Schiano as different/better than Morris, and if Schiano can string together a handful of wins to close out the season (especially if the team is still playing hard), he will save his job.

Yes, It's a scary thought, but it just might be the reality of the situation.

The Bucs do have some "winnable" games coming up, but if the team looks as if they have quit and they fart away the remaining games, then he will lose his job and gift-wrap the new coach a #1 Draft pick.

Which games do you see as "winnable" ?

I see the Dolphins, Falcons, Bills and St. Louis games as winnable, meaning we can score enough points and play adequate defense to be in the game in the 4th quarter with a chance to grow up and not squander opportunities. Like I said, though, this is all an "IF". If the team noticeably quits on Schiano then he is out the door no question. I'm not defending him, but I am trying to be realistic and I see the Glazers as looking for a reason not to fire yet another coach. If they believe in him and see that the team has not quit, he will stay.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#62 : November 06, 2013, 12:57:06 AM

I think the Glazers knew from day one that Raheem probably couldn't get the job done, but they were willing to be surprised (and content to save some money after giving lots of it to Gruden).

Something tells me that they see Schiano as different/better than Morris, and if Schiano can string together a handful of wins to close out the season (especially if the team is still playing hard), he will save his job.

Yes, It's a scary thought, but it just might be the reality of the situation.

The Bucs do have some "winnable" games coming up, but if the team looks as if they have quit and they fart away the remaining games, then he will lose his job and gift-wrap the new coach a #1 Draft pick.

Which games do you see as "winnable" ?

I see the Dolphins, Falcons, Bills and St. Louis games as winnable, meaning we can score enough points and play adequate defense to be in the game in the 4th quarter with a chance to grow up and not squander opportunities. Like I said, though, this is all an "IF". If the team noticeably quits on Schiano then he is out the door no question. I'm not defending him, but I am trying to be realistic and I see the Glazers as looking for a reason not to fire yet another coach. If they believe in him and see that the team has not quit, he will stay.

The Dolphins looked good early on before all the hazing BS.  We will have to see if all that affects them Monday night.

The Bills get Manuel back this week I believe. And he looked pretty damn good before the injury.

The Rams are well coached, Fischer has had them competing in games they had no business even being close with the talent on that team.

Atlanta is a trainwreck, but they could use the Bucs as a "get back on track game".  And win 48-3 or something like that.

The last couple of games are really tricky to forecast. The opponent may be completely out of the playoff picture and mail it in. Or they are playoff bound, and rest their starters.  I could see the Bucs picking up a cheap win late in the season.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#63 : November 06, 2013, 01:40:53 PM

Here's another name to consider - Mike Pettine.  Success with both a 4-3 D (turning around Buffalo's terrible D from last year), and 3-4 D. Knows how to use Revis.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Expect to see these names when the coaching carousel season begins. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools