Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers take first overall pick « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

Psych

Starter

#30 : November 05, 2013, 01:18:54 PM

Bridgewater will not translate to the NFL and Mariota is too much of a project to take that high. Trade back with Cleveland for their two first rounders, their third and maybe a couple of late rounders.

Khalil Mack and Eric Ebron in the first round.
Drafting Mack will add a linebacker that specializes in the pass rush, with comparisons to Von Miller. He can take over the third spot and help solidify our pass rush. Ebron is a freak and will be Glennon's new favorite target. He will make up for passing on Jimmy Graham and will cause problems for defenses.

Gabe Jackson in the second round.
Jackson can immediately come in and play. Making Nicks and Joseph and their inflated contracts expendable.

Michael Sam in the third round (if Aaron Lynch doesn't continue to fall here.)
Another Pass Rusher!!!!!! ERMAHGERD! One of our biggest, if not our biggest weakness is the pass rush. Many of you complain that we have spent too many picks trying to fix it. That is true, but ignoring it, just because we spent a handful in previous years doesn't help either. We need stronger depth at DE and Sam/Lynch will be just that.

With the remaining 3-4 picks. I'd say WR and OL are reasonable options.

Glennon deserves another year. He isn't the root of our failures. If he flops in 2014, then we will more than likely be set up with a high draft pick again. Although, I really want Jameis Winston and would trade the house for him.. There will be other solid options next year, if Winston is too unreasonable. Kevin Hogan? Also, the chance of Mariota and Hundley sticking around for another year too.

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

#31 : November 05, 2013, 01:26:57 PM

I sincerely hope we don't pass on a top 2 QB in this draft for Clowney, but God knows what's going to happen. It is still sadly possible that Schiano may be given another year (which is utter BS). If it's still Schiano then I doubt he picks a QB, and I'd be shocked if he drafted Clowney. He's not going to draft someone that's reportedly "lazy". He isn't a "buccaneer man".

Not living, just killing time.

Havok904

Pro Bowler

#32 : November 05, 2013, 01:32:51 PM

Bridgewater will not translate to the NFL and Mariota is too much of a project to take that high. Trade back with Cleveland for their two first rounders, their third and maybe a couple of late rounders.

What are you smoking? Even Cleveland's not that stupid...

Bridgewater's game will not translate into the NFL and Mariota a project? lol

bill_kir

Starter

#33 : November 05, 2013, 01:40:47 PM

Khalil Mack and Eric Ebron in the first round.
Drafting Mack will add a linebacker that specializes in the pass rush, with comparisons to Von Miller. He can take over the third spot and help solidify our pass rush. Ebron is a freak and will be Glennon's new favorite target. He will make up for passing on Jimmy Graham and will cause problems for defenses.

Gabe Jackson in the second round.
Jackson can immediately come in and play. Making Nicks and Joseph and their inflated contracts expendable.

Michael Sam in the third round (if Aaron Lynch doesn't continue to fall here.)
Another Pass Rusher!!!!!! ERMAHGERD! One of our biggest, if not our biggest weakness is the pass rush. Many of you complain that we have spent too many picks trying to fix it. That is true, but ignoring it, just because we spent a handful in previous years doesn't help either. We need stronger depth at DE and Sam/Lynch will be just that.

With the remaining 3-4 picks. I'd say WR and OL are reasonable options.

Glennon deserves another year. He isn't the root of our failures. If he flops in 2014, then we will more than likely be set up with a high draft pick again. Although, I really want Jameis Winston and would trade the house for him.. There will be other solid options next year, if Winston is too unreasonable. Kevin Hogan? Also, the chance of Mariota and Hundley sticking around for another year too.

i like this thinking ... i'm not too familiar with the names mentioned but i like the direction. the Bucs need to get stronger upfront on both sides of the ball, a TE that is legit and another receiver .... after that i would go depth on both lines. pick up a few mid level FAs (OL, DL, DB) for rotational depth and a new coaching staff/game philosophy and i think they are back in the hunt next year

Psych

Starter

#34 : November 05, 2013, 01:41:33 PM

Bridgewater is a twig and will be more likely to see the IR than see the field. And, Yes. Mariota IS a project.

Psych

Starter

#35 : November 05, 2013, 01:44:16 PM

What are you smoking? Even Cleveland's not that stupid...

Bridgewater's game will not translate into the NFL and Mariota a project? lol

Cleveland is desperate for a QB and would definitely trade up for Bridgewater. No doubt.

Psych

Starter

#36 : November 05, 2013, 01:47:24 PM

Don't get me wrong. I like Mariota, but with the #1 or #2 pick, we better be getting someone that can play at a high level immediately. Mariota would ideally sit on the bench for a year and that's a wasted pick for us.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 05, 2013, 01:49:04 PM

People overstate Bridgewater's twigginess.  He's not *that* small.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 05, 2013, 04:14:57 PM

Clowney reminds me of Gaines Adams in so many ways. I think the "takes too many plays off and questionable work ethic" part of his scouting report plays a part.

And so we expect his work ethic to improve after he gets a bunch of money. Yeah, that'll work.

Unfortunately for us, this particular JC isn't a savior.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 05, 2013, 04:20:14 PM

Gaines Adams played hard. I don't know how that myth has been perpetuated for so long.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 05, 2013, 07:19:19 PM

Clowney reminds me of Gaines Adams in so many ways. I think the "takes too many plays off and questionable work ethic" part of his scouting report plays a part.

He's a million times better more talented than Gaines and a bazillion times more physical.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 05, 2013, 07:24:25 PM

People overstate Bridgewater's twigginess.  He's not *that* small.

His listed height/weight are identical to Jonathan Banks.

Food for thought.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 05, 2013, 07:29:40 PM

He's a million times better more talented than Gaines and a bazillion times more physical.
Adams was pretty athletic.  we don't know what kind of numbers Clowney will post at the combine but unless he is the Calvin Johnson of DEs, I doubt it will be significantly better.  He is bigger and probably stronger though.  Nobody blinked an eye though when we took Adams 4th in the draft.  he was a solid prospect.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 05, 2013, 07:37:57 PM

Adams was pretty athletic.  we don't know what kind of numbers Clowney will post at the combine but unless he is the Calvin Johnson of DEs, I doubt it will be significantly better.  He is bigger and probably stronger though.  Nobody blinked an eye though when we took Adams 4th in the draft.  he was a solid prospect.

He is bigger and stronger , and according to Spurrier he ran a 4.4  before camp. He blows Gaines out of the water .

...and besides , did you ever see Gaines hit someone like this ?
: November 05, 2013, 07:42:22 PM Dolorous Jason

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#44 : November 05, 2013, 07:38:07 PM

I'm not as down on Clowney as a lot of people on this board, but he'd still be my 5th choice.  My order would be Manziel, Mariota, Bridgewater, trade down for extra picks, Clowney.  I would be willing to move Clowney up if our H.C. was Lovie (with Marinelli as D.C.) or Zimmer as I think they could get the best out of him, and he is a freak athletically.

It would my dream scenario to hire Zimmer as H.C., draft Clowney, and trade back up into the first to still take JFF.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers take first overall pick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools