Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers take first overall pick « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#45 : November 05, 2013, 07:45:59 PM

...40 times are so important for DEs....

Draft Aaron Donald

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#46 : November 05, 2013, 07:50:37 PM

draft Clowney, and trade back up into the first to still take JFF.

gone

Hall of Famer
#47 : November 05, 2013, 07:50:41 PM

Two things if we aren't picking a QB if we have the top pick:

1) We are completely retarded.
2) We better not be picking anyone with that pick, we need to trade it away.  Nobody is worth the opportunity cost of those extra picks other than a QB.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#48 : November 05, 2013, 07:51:36 PM

But can be helpful when trying to assess overall athleticism.  I'm sure he'll test well in all the drills at the combine.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#49 : November 05, 2013, 07:54:07 PM

If we were to take Clowney I wouldn't be upset, even though I would prefer Bridge or Mariota. Clowney seems to me like the next legit DE. I'm not going to judge him on his "lack of motivation", people said the same thing about Peppers. He's just ready to go pro and seeing as getting after the QB is a very important thing he would fit right in.

I wouldn't be upset with a scenario in which that happens, but I would say a QB is where I would want to go in the draft or even trading down to acquire picks for that matter. Someone would bite.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#50 : November 05, 2013, 08:26:58 PM

If we were to take Clowney I wouldn't be upset, even though I would prefer Bridge or Mariota. Clowney seems to me like the next legit DE. I'm not going to judge him on his "lack of motivation", people said the same thing about Peppers. He's just ready to go pro and seeing as getting after the QB is a very important thing he would fit right in.

I wouldn't be upset with a scenario in which that happens, but I would say a QB is where I would want to go in the draft or even trading down to acquire picks for that matter. Someone would bite.

Pretty much the same way  I see it.  What  makes it a little difficult  in my eyes is how deep the QB class is. Get a potentially dominant DE in the first and still be able to get a QB in the second round  on top of  extra picks would be really tempting.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#51 : November 05, 2013, 09:57:20 PM

Pretty much the same way  I see it.  What  makes it a little difficult  in my eyes is how deep the QB class is. Get a potentially dominant DE in the first and still be able to get a QB in the second round  on top of  extra picks would be really tempting.

The QB class looks good now, but several of those guys may stay in school another year.  So the QB class could shrink a lot by the time draft day rolls around next May.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#52 : November 06, 2013, 07:27:47 AM

I was bringing that up in response to someone who was saying Clowney is no better athlete than Gaines was.

Context  .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#53 : November 06, 2013, 07:40:25 AM

They test more than 40 times and what someone else said it still gives you an idea what kind of athlete he is.  I also wouldn't put too much stock in that supposed time from Spurrier.  We've seen that kind of stuff fall short more times than not .  If he does though, then yeah he is a Calvin Johnson type if freak .  Sure Adams was a disappointment but he did look the part and had two pretty productive years in college.  He went around where he was projected to go in the draft. 

El Diablo

Starter

#54 : November 06, 2013, 07:44:44 AM

Maybe we get jared allen in FA and take clowney. Then trade up for a qb... that's my wet dream.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#55 : November 06, 2013, 07:46:50 AM

Maybe we get jared allen in FA and take clowney. Then trade up for a qb... that's my wet dream.

Allen and Clowney ?? Brees would be a dead man walking.

I don't see us signing another huge free agent this offseason though , and you can thank Dummynik for that. Glazers will be wary now.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#56 : November 06, 2013, 08:06:26 AM

I'm an SEC guy and I've seen a lot of Clowney. Clowney last season was a force. This season he's not half the player he was. You can blame injuries all you want but he obviously doesn't have his heart into it. Even Spurrier questioned his desire at one point this season.

I am 100% against Clowney. He is bust city. I still say while Glennon has looked good - if you have a chance to draft a Franchise type guy as Mariotta and Teddy are projected to be - you draft him. You draft him and make Glennon your backup or trade him for some picks. But you draft the Franchise guy.

Unfortunately, I agree with DTG - if Schiano stays, we're going to end up with the bust from South Carolina and for years we're going to be looking back and thinking, "Wow...we could have had Bridgewater...;

Havok904

Starter

#57 : November 06, 2013, 08:24:21 AM

Bridgewater is a twig and will be more likely to see the IR than see the field. And, Yes. Mariota IS a project.

Bridgewater's wieght isn't an issue...Strength training and nutrition will solve that...

Out of curiosity, how can you tell that Mariota is a project?

Havok904

Starter

#58 : November 06, 2013, 08:28:14 AM

Bridgewater will not translate to the NFL and Mariota is too much of a project to take that high. Trade back with Cleveland for their two first rounders, their third and maybe a couple of late rounders.

What are you smoking? Even Cleveland's not that stupid...

Bridgewater's game will not translate into the NFL and Mariota a project? lol

Cleveland is desperate for a QB and would definitely trade up for Bridgewater. No doubt.

give up two first draft picks to move up?...the draft value is'nt there.....

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#59 : November 06, 2013, 08:29:31 AM

The QB class looks good now, but several of those guys may stay in school another year.  So the QB class could shrink a lot by the time draft day rolls around next May.

A lot of the second tier guys are seniors, only really guy I see that could go back is Hundley and he won't be around in the second round anyways if he declares.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers take first overall pick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools