Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers take first overall pick « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#15 : November 05, 2013, 10:32:53 AM

"Tampa won't go quarterback"
Whhaaaaaaaaatttttttt? Not sold on having an adequate QB in Glennon. We need a superstar back there.

I like Mike, but as I've said in the past, there is almost no way we don't take a QB in the 2014 draft. The position is just to important to miss on so I think we have to take the best guy available and let Glennon and Bridgewater fight it out.

I agree 100%. Mike has not EARNED the starting position, he was given it by default. That is the same thing that happened with Josh and he quickly grew complacement.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 05, 2013, 10:38:10 AM

"Tampa won't go quarterback"
Whhaaaaaaaaatttttttt? Not sold on having an adequate QB in Glennon. We need a superstar back there.

I like Mike, but as I've said in the past, there is almost no way we don't take a QB in the 2014 draft. The position is just to important to miss on so I think we have to take the best guy available and let Glennon and Bridgewater fight it out.

I agree 100%. Mike has not EARNED the starting position, he was given it by default. That is the same thing that happened with Josh and he quickly grew complacement.

Problem is if you take a QB 1st overall everyone knows there isn't going to be a true "fight" . Bridgewater would be starting no matter what .  You aren't going to bench the #1 overall pick. Period.

If we go QB I would see if I could cash Glennon back in for a 2nd round pick. Turn the profit. Then sign a vet backup.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 05, 2013, 10:43:57 AM

If Clowney is our guy you would think we would be able to swindle a few picks from Minnesota if this ends up being the draft order. Would love Clowney obviously, but it would be hard to pass on Bridgewater or Mariota. If we could get a second and a first next year and only have to move down two spots I probably pull the trigger. Take Clowney 3rd overall and hope that Boyd is there at the top of the second and then you have that extra 2nd to take a TE or a Offensive lineman.
If Minny ends up with a top three pick, and believes the Bucs are picking Clowney, I think they sit tight. Both Mariota and Bridgewater look to be franchise guys. I think it would be foolish to give up much to get your pick between those two, when you are assured that at least one is coming to you. That being said, if the Bucs are picking number 1 they need to go QB. The only way Glennon proves he is possibly the guy, is if he plays the team out of position to draft a franchise QB.

All we would have to do is start a bidding war. Just start talking trade with Philly and Cleveland, let the rumors start flying and Minny would take the bait. Depending on how high they are on Bridgewater or Mariota of course.  I could see a new coach liking Clowney over the QBs and in a very deep draft getting his QB in the second, I am sure come draft time some will have Clowney as the number 1 player in the draft..  Clowney, Boyd or Carr at the top of the second with the extra draft picks would not be a fail in my opinon.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 05, 2013, 10:44:05 AM

Clowney will be a bad ass, but I would much rather bring in Michael Johnson as a FA, and take one of the 2 QBs. Can't pass up on a QB in this class.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 05, 2013, 10:46:54 AM

Clowney will be a bad ass, but I would much rather bring in Michael Johnson as a FA, and take one of the 2 QBs. Can't pass up on a QB in this class.

Basically how I feel.

I wouldn't hate having Clowney, but how can you pass on one of those two QBs if you have a shot at getting one??

JohnBuc06

Starter

#20 : November 05, 2013, 11:01:01 AM

The only way we don't take a QB with the #1 overall pick is if we dont have it ...for that Glennon has to win some games.  For those wanting Clowney the best scenario would be to Glennon to keep progressing, win a few games to move to that 3rd spot (behind Jax/Minn) ...that would be enough losses to get Schiano fired (yaaaaa) but enough wins to stick with Glennon for another season.

Tampafan8251

Starter
#21 : November 05, 2013, 12:41:16 PM

If you have the number 1 pick you go QB unless you drafted one in the top ten the year before, I have been very impressed with Glennon and how he has handled himself and the team on the road in that environment but when there is guys like Bridgewater or Mariota there you do not pass them up, keep Glennon around to compete with that rookie and you end up with a good back up qb with Glennon

rikes

Starter

#22 : November 05, 2013, 12:47:20 PM

marqise lee isnt in the top 15, clowney #1, and the bucs picking #1? this list is garbage.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 05, 2013, 12:53:29 PM

Ok, *if* Tampa were to decide that they want Glennon to be the guy going forward, I'm pretty sure the appropriate response would be to auction the pick off.  I have a *really* hard time seeing a quarterback not going first overall in this draft.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 05, 2013, 12:58:35 PM

Sadly... very sadly... I think Bucs fans are going to be in for a big letdown on draft day.

bill_kir

Starter

#25 : November 05, 2013, 12:58:57 PM

if the Bucs do end up with the first overall pick they need to trade it to the highest bidder, and I would imagine some team would over compensate to move up to one and grab one of the 2 top QBs.

Tampafan8251

Starter
#26 : November 05, 2013, 01:00:17 PM

no disrespect Dan but you have no clue what is going to happen on draft day lol but I can say if we do get a new GM and HC that a QB is the most likely option

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 05, 2013, 01:10:52 PM

no disrespect Dan but you have no clue what is going to happen on draft day lol but I can say if we do get a new GM and HC that a QB is the most likely option

Oh, I'm not saying I know what will happen. But as of right now, I'm not convinced that the Bucs will replace the HC and GM and if they keep both, I'm not sure that the existing regime would go QB with the first pick. I know all the fans want one of those QB's, but if the owners don't make a change, I think the chance of taking a QB is reduced significantly.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 05, 2013, 01:12:47 PM

Clowney reminds me of Gaines Adams in so many ways. I think the "takes too many plays off and questionable work ethic" part of his scouting report plays a part.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 05, 2013, 01:16:24 PM

Sadly... very sadly... I think Bucs fans are going to be in for a big letdown on draft day.

Been saying it for a few weeks now. If Schiano is here still, there is a very real chance we bypass a QB and role with Glennon. Schiano likes him that much.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers take first overall pick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools