Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dan Sileo fired .....(again) « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : November 05, 2013, 04:01:34 AM »

Photo BucPower.com

Dan Sileo fired after offering bounty on FSU player

By Brendan Sonnone | FSU Chopping Block

Orlando Sentinel

4:50 p.m. EST, November 4, 2013

Miami-area radio host Dan Sileo was fired after offering a bounty to Miami players in exchange for injuring a Florida State player.

Sileo announced on his personal Twitter account that he was leaving WMEN (640-AM) in Miami.

The radio station clarified Sileo's status, releasing a statement that read:

"As a result of Dan Sileo's action on his personal Twitter account on Nov. 3, 2013, WMEN has terminated his independent contractor relationship with the station. The ownership, staff and management of WMEN 640 Sports do not condone his actions, which have no place in sports."

The former Miami player posted a picture of FSU defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan on his show’s personal Twitter account on Sunday and wrote he would pay $1,000 to any Miami “PLAYER to TAKES THIS KID OUT [sic].”

While Jernigan was holding up the “U” symbol in the picture, Sileo also had “#MHFREEMAN” in his Tweet, implying that he could’ve been referring to FSU’s other No. 8, RB Devonta Freeman. A Miami native, Freeman was also seen flashing the “U” during FSU’s 41-14 win against Miami on Saturday.

Sileo quickly backtracked on the bounty, responding by writing that he was clearly joking. The original Tweet about Jernigan and paying a Miami player to hurt him in a potential rematch in the ACC Championship Game, was removed.

Sileo has a history of making controversial statements via social media and on the air. In the past, his show was carried in the Tampa and Orlando markets.

Email Brendan at bsonnone@orlandosentinel.com. Follow Brendan's FSU coverage on Twitter at @OSFSU

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 05, 2013, 05:11:33 AM »

Now that's just stupid.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
« #2 : November 05, 2013, 06:56:58 AM »

Can't believe he still had a radio job in the first place.

What a moron.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

« #3 : November 05, 2013, 08:16:03 AM »

Miami is having a bad week all the way around.  Sileo is just another log in the fire.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

« #4 : November 05, 2013, 08:20:21 AM »

I heard he was immediately offered a job in the New Orleans market...they are a little more ok with this kind of stuff.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #5 : November 05, 2013, 08:20:36 AM »

It's hard to be that stupid ....it takes effort.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #6 : November 05, 2013, 08:49:57 AM »

I heard he was immediately offered a job in the New Orleans market...they are a little more ok with this kind of stuff.

That's funny. Wonder how many markets are left?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
« #7 : November 05, 2013, 10:44:23 AM »

Miami is having a bad week all the way around.  Sileo is just another log in the fire.

Silieo being taken off the radio is a good thing for Miami.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

« #8 : November 05, 2013, 10:50:35 AM »

I suspect he'll be back here soon........he's the shock jock sports dude you know.  Or you could wait and listen to Dumig the dipshiz...........

pzimm7778

Starter
« #9 : November 05, 2013, 12:04:00 PM »

I suspect he'll be back here soon........he's the shock jock sports dude you know.  Or you could wait and listen to Dumig the dipshiz...........

Sports radio dies here at noon.

Dy-nasty D

Starter
« #10 : November 05, 2013, 01:06:06 PM »

Seems to me this is a crime. Why hasn't this **CENSORED** been arrested?

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #11 : November 05, 2013, 02:49:37 PM »

Seems to me this is a crime. Why hasn't this **CENSORED** been arrested?

Does this mean it's legal to hire a hitman to injure someone else? I know hiring someone for murder will get you in jail.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #12 : November 05, 2013, 02:52:43 PM »

How does he get jobs? He's horrible and has been fired every where he's gone!

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #13 : November 05, 2013, 03:36:28 PM »

How does he get jobs? He's horrible and has been fired every where he's gone!

Because he's doing his job. Be outrageous, obtain listeners.

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

« #14 : November 05, 2013, 05:33:40 PM »

Miami radio just improved dramatically.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dan Sileo fired .....(again) « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools