Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: peyton manning « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

: November 05, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

In 1998, rookie Peyton Manning teamed with the young Marvin Harrison, Ken Dilger, and Marshall Faulk for a 3-13 record.Starting all 16games, he threw for 26 TDs and28 INTs while completing over 56% of his passes...It takes time for any QB to get it all together. Some never do. I am of the opinion, based on what I'veseen so far,we need to add a stud WR in next years draft for our offense to really take off.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 05, 2013, 09:52:14 AM

Championship!

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 05, 2013, 10:34:58 AM

You can get a stud WR in free agency. You can NEVER get a stud QB in free agency. I say with the top pick, we HAVE TO take a QB.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 05, 2013, 10:43:45 AM

You can get a stud WR in free agency. You can NEVER get a stud QB in free agency. I say with the top pick, we HAVE TO take a QB.

The New Orleans Saints would disagree.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 05, 2013, 11:02:12 AM

Packers would too. But how often does this happen?

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 05, 2013, 11:04:00 AM

What "stud" QB did the Packers get in FA?

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 05, 2013, 11:08:27 AM

We have some major salary cap decisions coming up, which make signing a FA WR all the more difficult. Vincent Jackson was a rare opportunity, but I tink his age had a lot to do with the Chargers letting him walk....  As far as stud QBs go, many greats, past and present, were not 1st roundpicks.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 05, 2013, 11:09:17 AM

What "stud" QB did the Packers get in FA?
Forgive me, I'm sick as hell. I forgot he was traded for and not signed as a FA.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 05, 2013, 11:11:42 AM

We already have Vincent Jackson and Mike WIlliams. All we really need is a slot guy and another TE to compliment Wright. Definitely don't need another stud receiver.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 05, 2013, 11:11:50 AM

Championship!

with the New Myron Lewis at the helm!!!

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 05, 2013, 11:15:09 AM

Packers' HOFer Bart Starr was a15th round pick. He's got a new book out now talking about Lombardi; called "when leadership mattered".Good stuff!

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#11 : November 05, 2013, 11:16:59 AM

Please. He was coming off a major injury and New Orleans got lucky. Brees to New Orleans could have very easily turned out like Culpepper to Miami.
Name another scenario....there isn't one, unless you want to look back into another era of the NFL decades ago.

On the flip, I can name you dozens of top level WR that hit the open market. We have one on our team.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 05, 2013, 11:21:05 AM

Packers' HOFer Bart Starr was a15th round pick. He's got a new book out now talking about Lombardi; called "when leadership mattered".Good stuff!
Sweet. Let's map our plan of success off of something that happened 50 years ago. Nothing can go wrong.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 05, 2013, 11:21:10 AM

We already have Vincent Jackson and Mike WIlliams. All we really need is a slot guy and another TE to compliment Wright. Definitely don't need another stud receiver.
Yeah, but Jackson is already slowing down a bit, as he's on the wrong side of 30.And the gap between him and Williams is vast.I honestly see or WR group as one the weakest in the NFL looking ahead as Jackson keeps slowing down...

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 05, 2013, 11:38:50 AM

Different era NDY.  QBs are bid up.

It's not that Glennon can't be a good or even great QB, but let's not just say Peyton Manning wasn't superman as a rookie and end the analysis.

First of all, Manning was one of the cleanest prospects to come out of college in a long time. He played nearly four full seasons as a starter. I don't see how Glennon compares - by no measure was he as successful or as experienced as Manning.

Second - the Colts went 3-13 largely because the D was atrocious. They were Football Outsider's 29th ranked unit and the team gave up an average of almost 28 points per game. He played in a tough division where the Jets (12-4), Dolphins (10-6), Bills (10-6) and Pats (9-7) all had winning records.

Third - Manning's numbers need to be put in context. His completion percentage was exactly at the league average for 1998. His TD% was way above it, and his INT% was way below it. His YPA was a bit lower than the league average (Glennon's is I believe second from bottom). His sack % was waaaay below the league average.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: peyton manning « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools