Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: peyton manning « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 05, 2013, 08:22:40 PM

Russell Wilson was a 3rd round pick. Curious he's now a franchise QB, andonly in his second season too.How many saw him as a francise QB BEFORE last season's draft?? Not too many. Java claimed he did, but I'm not buying it...

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#31 : November 05, 2013, 08:25:04 PM

**CENSORED** me.  I knew I didn't want to open this thread. 

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 05, 2013, 08:40:44 PM

Russell Wilson was a 3rd round pick. Curious he's now a franchise QB, andonly in his second season too.How many saw him as a francise QB BEFORE last season's draft?? Not too many. Java claimed he did, but I'm not buying it...

Russell Wilson is an exception to the rule, just like Brady, and Romo. Until Glennon starts winning some games I would not see any reason for the Bucs not to draft a QB in the draft.

gone

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 05, 2013, 09:25:14 PM

If Glennon wants to be the guy next year he just needs to start making plays.  It's really that simple.  He has the manager part down.  Now he needs to show he can be a playmaker.  If he can do that he will get the nod.  Until he does he's in incomplete QB and you have to take your shot with a blue chip prospect.

I am certain Schiano is pushing him very hard to be excessively cautious, but he is not doing anyone any favors by following orders so well.  I think there's a good chance he has the ability in him to make plays, but he needs to pull the trigger.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 05, 2013, 09:52:50 PM

People were comparing Raheem to Lombardi and every other great coach back in the day.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 05, 2013, 10:11:25 PM

Draft JFF, TB, or MM with the top pick this draft and then come back the next and draft Famous Jameis! I'd rather have a QB controversy than none at all! What could be worse than having 2 stud QB's?

tog

Pro Bowler
#36 : November 06, 2013, 02:27:19 AM

Greg Cosell said he could see Glennon going late first round, and looked NFL ready. Good stats,TOG, but IF Glennon continues to improve as Russell Wilson did last season (oh, he was a 3rd round pick), I'd hesitate to pick a QB in round 1 with only a 35% of him becoming a franchise QB. Now if Glennon suddenly fizzles, which I've seen absolutely no sign of, I would have to agree to take a round 1 QB. Ideally, Glennon continues to ride the Dana Bible express into the NFL as Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson did before him, and we can trade that early pick for multiple picks. We would then be in a better position to greatly strengthen multiple other positions. I just don't get why so many here seem toWANT Glennon to fail...

I'd love for Glennon to be successful. If he turns out to be a franchise QB, that's amazing! Then the Bucs are in a wholly different position.

I just think that it's very unlikely. Fans especially have a tough time evaluating rookie players because we inherently imagine a steady progression of improvement. Often players fail to improve at all or regress for no obvious reason (or it's things we don't have access to, like DCs figuring a QB out).

And even if you factor Russell Wilson into the equation, the hit rate on non-1st round QBs is still abysmal. And Russell Wilson has only played a season and a half - as good as he's been I'm not willing to fully annoint him yet. The NFL is littered with players that have looked great early and fizzled out (I don't think it will happen, but it is certainly possible). Lastly, Wilson was more discounted for his size than anything else. Glennon is the prototypical pre-2012 NFL QB in terms of tangibles. So they fell to the 3rd round for very different reasons.

If Glennon succeeds, it is a huge win for the Bucs. But I haven't seen it yet from him and the odds are very strongly stacked against him.

Mizer

Second String

#37 : November 06, 2013, 06:23:20 AM

I think no matter how he plays, we should draft the best player available.  If that player is a qb, so be it.

Ynot

Starter
#38 : November 06, 2013, 07:26:23 AM

I don't see Jackson or Williams ever being 'explosive'.  They're quality receivers (still question MikeWil a little bit though), but we really don't have that guy that can get the ball in his hands and make things happen.  With a QB like Glennon that could be deadly.  This is one reason why I was really pissed when Demps went down.  Glennon is solid with the short to intermediate stuff and a guy like that opens everything up because no where on the field are you safe as a defense.  See Darren Sproles.  I would really like an electric receiver with speed.  Then again....I would really like another Super Bowl....and a million dollars.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: peyton manning « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools