Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Martin may play on Monday against the Dolphins « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: November 05, 2013, 11:25:48 AM

So if Doug Martin plays on Monday, do you think he lasts the season or will he end up on IR after all?

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 05, 2013, 11:26:41 AM

WTF?  ??? Shut him down for the year.

Justin2626

Rookie

#2 : November 05, 2013, 11:39:22 AM

DTG I want to know your honest opinion on this as well.

I believe that Doug Martin shouldn't touch the field again this year, but understand that it will not happen that way. Greg Schiano knows he only has to the end of this season to salvage anything (although it is probably impossible).  Let's say, if Schiano were 100% sure he wasn't getting fired and I mean 100, I imagine Doug would not be back on that field until next year.  Supposedly he needs surgery on his labrum, although he can probably play through it without much of an issue, why would you do this when we are 0-8...I don't see ANY benefit from it,.  There always is the chance that his injury has just been sensationalized by the media and he is actually not in such bad shape....but based off of this season so far I am inclined to believe this "rumor".

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 05, 2013, 11:40:25 AM

I wish Dominik or the Glazers would step in and force Schiano to put Martin on IR. There is no point of getting Martin hurt any further when this season is already a lost cause.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 05, 2013, 11:40:59 AM

Why?  What is the point of playing him?  Let him go get his surgery (that apparently will have to happen eventually) and come back next year strong and ready to go.  Worst thing that could happen would be for him to get hurt worse later in the season and not be available at the beginning of 2014.

This I dont blame Schiano for, he is coaching for his job so of course he wants all the best players he can get to be playing.  This decision needs to be made higher up, by someone looking out for the franchise, not a lame duck coach who everyone knows will be gone next year.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 05, 2013, 11:48:11 AM

DTG I want to know your honest opinion on this as well.

I believe that Doug Martin shouldn't touch the field again this year, but understand that it will not happen that way. Greg Schiano knows he only has to the end of this season to salvage anything (although it is probably impossible).  Let's say, if Schiano were 100% sure he wasn't getting fired and I mean 100, I imagine Doug would not be back on that field until next year.  Supposedly he needs surgery on his labrum, although he can probably play through it without much of an issue, why would you do this when we are 0-8...I don't see ANY benefit from it,.  There always is the chance that his injury has just been sensationalized by the media and he is actually not in such bad shape....but based off of this season so far I am inclined to believe this "rumor".

Several things:

1) I'm not convinced that Schiano will be fired unless he goes 0-16;
2) We don't know how badly the labrum is torn, there are levels of severity;
3) Doug doesn't want to go on IR (so I'm told);
4) Doug's shoulder will never, ever be the same.

That said, the way Mike is running the ball, if it were my decision to make I would probably IR him now, regardless.

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#6 : November 05, 2013, 11:51:51 AM

Got to roll with James. Keep Doug fresh for next year. James is looking great! Always going forward, good power for his size.

Thanks for the sig Java!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 05, 2013, 11:54:01 AM

He won't play.  Not this week anyways.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 05, 2013, 11:55:34 AM

He won't play.  Not this week anyways.

Was there an update? As of yesterday they were saying Dashon Goldson and Doug may both be ready to play on Monday, but Nicks won't.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 05, 2013, 12:02:16 PM

i don't buy it . Schiano always does this - says someone may play when they aren't even really close. You can't heal a torn labrum this fast.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 05, 2013, 12:04:33 PM

I don't see him playing either, could be wrong though

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 05, 2013, 12:08:20 PM

i don't buy it . Schiano always does this - says someone may play when they aren't even really close. You can't heal a torn labrum this fast.

He would play with it torn, not healed.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 05, 2013, 01:03:28 PM

Is this true or is the OP just throwing stuff out there?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 05, 2013, 01:08:15 PM

Is this true or is the OP just throwing stuff out there?

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/goldson-and-martin-could-return-monday-against-dolphins/2150755

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 05, 2013, 01:11:32 PM

Why? Honestly, there is zero point. IR him, surgery him and rehab him. That's all.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Martin may play on Monday against the Dolphins « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools