Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Martin may play on Monday against the Dolphins « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 05, 2013, 01:15:23 PM

Schiano wants to see if Doug's a true 'Buccaneer Man'.

Schiano to Doug Martin: "No pain, no gain."
Schiano to Mike Williams: "I don't care if your hamstring is torn-- are you a Buccaneer Man? No pain, no gain!"
: November 05, 2013, 01:16:59 PM TheChronicHotAir

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 05, 2013, 02:22:10 PM

Ridiculous. Even if we was 100% healthy I would have started taking carries away just because we're 0-8 and you don't want to put miles on him.  Now they're going to throw him out with his shoulder falling off. You can't make this season up.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#17 : November 05, 2013, 02:24:41 PM

I see the Bucs will be incorporating the "Run him straight into the ground" strategy.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#18 : November 05, 2013, 03:12:07 PM

I would have put him on IR immediately after finding out what his injury was. Save doggie for next year, let James get some carries and experience. The. Bucs could have the next Williams/Stewart style running back rotation in the division.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 05, 2013, 08:03:13 PM

Epic fail is he does. No reason to play him in this lost season.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 05, 2013, 08:12:02 PM

If goes out there and rips his shoulder off or worst I'm not blaming the team, the players, or the coach.. I'm blaming Doug.

Good workhorse RBs already have a short self life and he wants to go back out there to get ran in to the ground for a wasted season? For what? He got a injury that could save him from playing and keeps his legs fresh and he still wants to push it? Tell them it hurts too much and you need surgery.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 05, 2013, 08:50:56 PM

Butch: [beating up Marsellus] You feel that sting, big boy, huh? That's pride FXCKIN' with you! You gotta fight through that shlt!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 05, 2013, 10:38:17 PM

So instead of using this 8 game span to see what we have in Mike James and Bobby Rainey.....we'll bring back our star RB that should be on IR, and risk turning a minor injury into a severe injury.

**CENSORED**ing brilliant.

This is why Schiano should have been fired three weeks ago. He's ruining our players.
: November 05, 2013, 10:40:29 PM JDouble

youngone

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 05, 2013, 10:52:23 PM

So instead of using this 8 game span to see what we have in Mike James and Bobby Rainey.....we'll bring back our star RB that should be on IR, and risk turning a minor injury into a severe injury.

**CENSORED**ing brilliant.

This is why Schiano should have been fired three weeks ago. He's ruining our players.
Doug should get blame too.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 05, 2013, 11:37:52 PM

How's that? All great players want to play when they shouldn't. Good coaches protect players from themselves in these situations.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 05, 2013, 11:45:35 PM

How's that? All great players want to play when they shouldn't. Good coaches protect players from themselves in these situations.
Those great players are usually playing hurt for something important... A playoff push, continuing their legacy or something like that. Doug needs to take L on this season and he wasn't really lighting the world on fire behind this Oline. Workhouse RBs life spans in the NFL are way too short to get ran in the ground for a lost season and a desperate coaching staff that won't be here next season.

He should be smart here.

gone

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 06, 2013, 12:00:38 AM

Because he's an adult making his own choices? 

You just want to hate at this point.  Doug shouldn't be playing, I think most people agree with that.  But that doesn't make Schiano solely responsible if he does play. 

youngone

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 06, 2013, 12:15:57 AM

He's lucky it's an upper body injury but if he opts for not having surgery rushes back to play and something else happens don't blame Schiano. It's not like he's attempting to hurry back to run us in to the playoffs.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 06, 2013, 12:34:56 AM

Yes, head coaches should never take blame for something like that.  The guy rules with an iron fist.  Admittedly, everything goes through him.  Gunny takes all the blame like Dungy, Gruden and Morris before him.  The closet Schianopologists are far and few but they stick out.  Just look for the people who were most obsessed with Freeman.  They are the only ones left with any sympathy for Gunny and will be the first to come out of the woodwork to defend him. A few pointless victories will get them all excited and leave us mired in mediocrity for years.   This team is almost unwatchable now as Schiano sucks the fun out of everyone around him.  I'm still hoping for complete disaster and 0-16.  Time for a new direction and aiming higher than the Papa Johns Bowl.

gone

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 06, 2013, 01:04:41 AM

The closet Schianopologists are far and few but they stick out. 

You keep talking about these "Schianpologists" as if they actually exist.  Care to name some names?  Or just keep pimping the myth?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Martin may play on Monday against the Dolphins « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools