Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Schiano and Dominick get another year... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#30 : November 05, 2013, 05:02:25 PM

I hope you're right.  I just have a feeling that if the Bucs are able to jump out to a lead against Miami, Buffalo, St. Louis, and maybe Atlanta, that those teams don't have the talent to catch up the way the Seahawks did.  On the other hand, it's possible the Seahawks took this team lightly, and now other teams will realize for the fact that the Bucs can cause some 1st half damage and then fizzle in the 2nd.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 05, 2013, 05:03:25 PM

Bench, I don't think the Bucs can win in the short or long term with Schiano, at least not consistently.  I have a bad feeling the team will win 3-4 games this season, starting this Monday.  I have an even worse feeling that the Glazers will keep Schiano based on that "improvement".  I personally think that this is the wrong decision on every level, and will set the team back years if he's here.  I think the team would be fine and possibly a playoff contender if the Glazers got a well respected coach, whether it's Lovie, Roman, Bevell, or Zimmer.  I think Schiano has done enough damage to drive away current players, scare away future free agents, and embarrass the fanbase.
Agreed on all counts

In Verner We Trust

BucD

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 05, 2013, 05:07:08 PM

Another thing to consider...

Will any FAs come here (even if just for a visit lol) if Schiano and Dom are still here?  Probably not.  Will have to vastly overpay, I'm sure.  Although, that'll be hard considering the cap situation the team will be in next year.  Will have a lot of choices to make.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#33 : November 05, 2013, 05:14:48 PM

Will the cap situation be that bad?  The money we had earmarked for Freeman is still available.  Davin will either be cut or have to take a major paycut, maybe Penn, too.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 05, 2013, 05:15:06 PM

Schiano draft.

1. Clowney
2. Rutgers guy
3. (From trading Penn or DJ) Rutgers guy
4. Rutgers guy
5. Rutgers guy

Normal sane coach draft.

1. Manziel or mariota
2. Not Rutgers
3. (Trade Penn or DJ) not Rutgers
4. Not Rutgers
5. Not Rutgers

Big difference. The glazers had better do the right thing and get rid of this horrid coach. If not, it's going to set back all their hard work in gaining the fans loyalies back, and the team. Because they aren't getting any younger, and another stretch in schiano's system would end them.

Then, they have to rebuild anyway, when there isn't going to be as much "material" to do so. To keep schiano would be to pigeonhole themselves much worse than just to bring in a new coach.

Maybe Seattle knocked the "bully" right out of him, but I doubt he drops that fake act he's been doing on college kids for years. The minute he wins, his ego will show up again. Then, back to d1ckhead mode.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#35 : November 05, 2013, 06:24:37 PM

Schiano draft.

1. Clowney
2. Rutgers guy
3. (From trading Penn or DJ) Rutgers guy
4. Rutgers guy
5. Rutgers guy

Normal sane coach draft.

1. Manziel or mariota
2. Not Rutgers
3. (Trade Penn or DJ) not Rutgers
4. Not Rutgers
5. Not Rutgers

Big difference. The glazers had better do the right thing and get rid of this horrid coach. If not, it's going to set back all their hard work in gaining the fans loyalies back, and the team. Because they aren't getting any younger, and another stretch in schiano's system would end them.

Then, they have to rebuild anyway, when there isn't going to be as much "material" to do so. To keep schiano would be to pigeonhole themselves much worse than just to bring in a new coach.

Maybe Seattle knocked the "bully" right out of him, but I doubt he drops that fake act he's been doing on college kids for years. The minute he wins, his ego will show up again. Then, back to d1ckhead mode.
I'm not sure Clowney is a "Buccaneer Man" by Schiano's standards.  We'd probably end up picking Kyle Van Noy with our top pick.  That's not a knock on Kyle Van Noy, as I think he's a good player just not top 5.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 05, 2013, 06:40:13 PM

this just gets a LOL

only a fair weather fan would say no

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#37 : November 05, 2013, 07:07:37 PM

even if they only win 1 or 2 games this year,  would you still support this team ?  Get excited about who they drafted?  Would you buy season tickets or go to a few games?  Watch on TV .  Give a crap in any way?

Nope.  Would be a crystal clear indication to me that our ownership really is the worst in the league and the recent uptick in spending really was just to scrape by with the minimum requirements of the new CBA.  Not putting myself forward as some Buccaneer super fan or anything, but keeping these two losers would end whatever little support I have shown. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 05, 2013, 07:20:20 PM

only 2 reason the Glazers would decide to keep him.  1)  because they are cheap 2) out of embarrassment for their horrible decisions.  cant see why anyone would buy their product if that was the case.  if they show they care then I'll care.  gotta be a two way street though.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 05, 2013, 07:24:52 PM

this just gets a LOL

not the same thing at all.  Its not about whether I think the Bucs are going to be good or not next year.  Regardless of who is coaching I don't think they will be a contender.  But I expect the owners to want to try.  Not apathy. 

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#40 : November 05, 2013, 07:31:09 PM

only 2 reason the Glazers would decide to keep him.  1)  because they are cheap 2) out of embarrassment for their horrible decisions.  cant see why anyone would buy their product if that was the case.  if they show they care then I'll care.  gotta be a two way street though.
I just thought of reason #3, it's basically the plot to "Major League".  They need attendance to drop below a certain level so they can move the team to London.  That way they don't have to keep paying to fly their private jet back and forth to Europe.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 05, 2013, 07:53:50 PM

this just gets a LOL

not the same thing at all.  Its not about whether I think the Bucs are going to be good or not next year.  Regardless of who is coaching I don't think they will be a contender.  But I expect the owners to want to try.  Not apathy.

Glazers I would say are trying..

They have spent plenty of money to make this team a contender and they are not getting it done..

now weather they fire the coaching staff or not Ill be watching and rooting.

And when they are winning Im sure most of the people here will find something to complain about.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#42 : November 05, 2013, 07:56:57 PM

These clowns better not win 4 games down the stretch.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 05, 2013, 08:07:58 PM

this just gets a LOL

Glazers I would say are trying..

They have spent plenty of money to make this team a contender and they are not getting it done..

now weather they fire the coaching staff or not Ill be watching and rooting.

And when they are winning Im sure most of the people here will find something to complain about.
been waiting 10 years for this organization to build a solid team.  Still waiting.  We are now on our 2nd coach in the last. 5 years are are on a 1-12 streak .  Wouldn't you say there is plenty of justification to be complaining ?  And again, how would keeping a guy that goes say 2-14 becsuse they still owe him $9 mil "trying" on the part of the Glazers?

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 05, 2013, 08:10:08 PM

These clowns better not win 4 games down the stretch.

4 games?

I'd be shocked to see them win 2 games.

Schiano doesn't know how to win. We get destroyed in the 2nd half during every game and we can never close a team out because of our conservative play calls . This isn't going to change as long as Schiano is here.

If Schiano does get the whole year, I honestly think we go 0-16 or 1-15. Possibly we squeak out a win against the Falcons, Bills or Rams.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Schiano and Dominick get another year... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools