Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL personnel question 'coward' Martin for not challenging Incognito « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

: November 05, 2013, 05:32:31 PM

NFL personnel question 'coward' Martin for not challenging Incognito

by Jim Trotter SI.Com

If the evidence is factual, Dolphins guard Richie Incognito is a racist, a bully and one of the lower forms of life known to man. He's alleged to have sent racial slurs to teammate Jonathan Martin via text and voicemail and even gone so far as to threaten the life of the second-year offensive lineman.

The Dolphins have indefinitely suspended Incognito for conduct detrimental to the team because his actions, if true, are morally abominable and potential violations of workplace laws. Still, there are NFL personnel people and active and former players who believe Martin handled the situation poorly by allowing it to spill out of the locker room and into the public.

That's not to say they're defending Incognito. They're not in any way, shape or form. But they do believe there is an unwritten rule that player business should be handled in the locker room by the players themselves, particularly when the actions are as vile as those attributed to Incognito.

"I think Jonathan Martin is a weak person," said one personnel man, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "If Incognito did offend him racially, that's something you have to handle as a man! Mike Pouncey was a rookie at one point while Incognito was there and you never heard any complaints from him. There's no other way to put it, other than him being sofTTT!"

Said another: "Guys are going to be guys, if you know what I mean. I'm sure there are some instances of 'taking things too far,' but that happens everywhere. You handle it in house -- fight, handle it on the field, joke about it, etc -- and keep it moving."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20131104/nfl-personnel-question-jonathan-martin-richie-incognito/#ixzz2joTUD3jd

-Sort of have to agree with them. This guy sounds like a class 1 head case or total wuss. Something you do not want in any football player, even a kicker.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#1 : November 05, 2013, 05:39:01 PM

"I think Jonathan Martin is a weak person," said one personnel man, speaking on the condition of anonymity

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#2 : November 05, 2013, 05:41:01 PM

"I think Jonathan Martin is a weak person," said one personnel man, speaking on the condition of anonymity
LOL

youngone

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 05, 2013, 05:44:32 PM

LOL
+1

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#4 : November 05, 2013, 05:45:48 PM

In all seriousness, I think it will be very interesting what happens to Martin next.  I can't see him playing in Miami, or anyone trading for him.  They'll have to release him.  Does he go to San Fran to play for his old coach?  Does he go to Indy to protect his old QB?  If Harbaugh or Luck vouched for him, I don't think he would have many problems in those locker rooms.  If they don't, then he may have some real issues.  Either way, Incognito is still a piece of trash.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 05, 2013, 05:52:45 PM

"Tell Martin I said come over here and I'll whip his weak, pathetic puzzy azz," said one personnel man, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

Sactobuc

Starter

#6 : November 05, 2013, 06:04:05 PM

So forget handling this like a man and stepping above the level of the person that is the offender???.

It's sad when those in society think you settle everything with violence, whats wrong with using lawyers and suits. It pays more...
Plus a PUNK like Ingornito would probably press charges after someone puts the hands to him...

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 05, 2013, 06:40:58 PM

Why would you be so dumb? Just say no, and then if he starts anything it's on him.

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 05, 2013, 06:52:09 PM

bucray1

Rookie

#9 : November 05, 2013, 07:06:32 PM

So forget handling this like a man and stepping above the level of the person that is the offender???.

It's sad when those in society think you settle everything with violence, whats wrong with using lawyers and suits. It pays more...
Plus a PUNK like Ingornito would probably press charges after someone puts the hands to him...
hiring a lawyer and suing him (oh no! , not that! i'm so scared!! ) is an even bigger PUNK move. a bully like incognito would only laugh at that . and it would do nothing to stop him from doing it in the future. unfortunately  , you have to handle this situation the way an ape would. ( this should follow incognito's temperament ). when an ape acts up in the group , the alpha ape beats him with a tree branch , thus  , problem solved. not very intellectual  ,but effective.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 05, 2013, 07:12:57 PM

They're making a movie about this:

"The Character Assassination of Richie Incognito by the Coward Jonathan Martin"

youngone

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 05, 2013, 07:33:32 PM

When dealing with that kind of person and taking it so long, your most effective option might be getting physical.

I'm not trying to bash the victim because what he went through was uncalled for but if he wanted respect he should have boxed his ass up. Pouncey was a rookie, I'm sure incognito didn't try him the same way.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 05, 2013, 07:34:40 PM

Richie was trying to make a man out of Martin.  Martin still just a boy though.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 05, 2013, 07:38:39 PM

Richie was trying to make a man out of Martin.  Martin still just a boy though.
Blue font?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 05, 2013, 07:41:28 PM

I kinda agree with the OP. I mean, I'm all for stopping bullying in school.....but Martin is 24 years old. He is a grown ass man and at some point he needed to get in Incognito's face and say enough. One more word and I'll knock your **CENSORED**ing teeth down your throat. Incognito probably would have backed down, if not, then it need to come to blows....but seriously, man up.

Maybe I feel differently if this type of harassment is happening at my wife's office, but this is the NFL. These guys are suppose to be modern day gladiators. If a guy can't even stand up for himself, then he probably is in the wrong business.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL personnel question 'coward' Martin for not challenging Incognito « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools