Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL personnel question 'coward' Martin for not challenging Incognito « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

rfdes

Practice Squad

#15 : November 05, 2013, 07:42:18 PM

Still convinced that there is more to the story...

threadkiller

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 05, 2013, 07:43:25 PM

Richie was trying to make a man out of Martin. 

Probably the largest failing of the entire sad story is that "job" fell to Richie **CENSORED**ing Incognito.  Putting Richie Incognito into a position of leadership on your team is pretty much helping your hammered friend to his car, opening the door for him, starting the engine, putting the car in drive and waiving goodbye as he slaloms down the road. 

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 05, 2013, 07:46:26 PM

It's a different place from your wife's workplace.  Aside from the fact that bullying between males and between females are very different things, this never even would have gotten started in most workplaces, because hazing is generally not permitted.  It came about because it is permitted on a small scale, and one tool just took it too far.  Martin needed to say no at some point.  I think that Incognito would not get a penny from a lot of us.  He could kick my ass, sure, but I ain't cuttin' him a check to stop it. 
: November 05, 2013, 07:55:49 PM caradoc

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 05, 2013, 07:50:09 PM

Especially an offensive lineman. I mean, these are the blue collar guys that get no love but do all the work. They are the nastiest guys on the field fighting and kicking and biting in the mud and the blood and the piss. If Martin doesn't have the balls to stand up for himself off the field, I'm pretty sure he lacks the mentality needed on the field.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 05, 2013, 07:51:26 PM

Richie was trying to make a man out of Martin.  Martin still just a boy though.
Blue font?
well I was joking but I wouldn't be surprised if that was incognito's motivation in his warped mind.  In one of the calls for example it sounded like he was giving him crap for not working out .

youngone

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 05, 2013, 08:04:39 PM

Richie was trying to make a man out of Martin.  Martin still just a boy though.
Blue font?
well I was joking but I wouldn't be surprised if that was incognito's motivation in his warped mind.  In one of the calls for example it sounded like he was giving him crap for not working out .
He might have got away with that defense if it was just verbal... Shaking the kid down like a piggy bank kinda threw that argument out the window for him.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 05, 2013, 08:11:44 PM

Maybe he just wanted to see the kid stand up to him.  Maybe he would of respected him a little more then.   Who knows.  Could have been a "test" in his F'd up  mind. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 05, 2013, 08:28:51 PM

Someone on Reddit commented that Richie Incognito's name translates to "D*ck in Disguise".

youngone

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 05, 2013, 08:30:08 PM

Someone on Reddit commented that Richie Incognito's name translates to "D*ck in Disguise".
Reddit.. Your new spot?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 05, 2013, 08:31:52 PM

Reddit.. Your new spot?

Yep. Here or there, all day long, baby.

And I very briefly found the subreddit called "spaced*cks".

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

#25 : November 05, 2013, 08:52:10 PM

I'm not taking a side yet, but I will say this; there is something very wrong with Martin to suddenly have this problem without handling it himself. If he's just a momma's boy who was covered up until he got to the pros, the sooner he is out of the league the better.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 05, 2013, 08:59:43 PM

Let me ask this question.  Say we are looking to draft a OG in the 2nd next year.  It's between two guys.  Both grade out equally in the physical talent dept .  One of the guys had a temperament/ personality closer to Incognito's.  The other guy closer to Martin 's.  Who you drafting?

youngone

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 05, 2013, 09:21:21 PM

Let me ask this question.  Say we are looking to draft a OG in the 2nd next year.  It's between two guys.  Both grade out equally in the physical talent dept .  One of the guys had a temperament/ personality closer to Incognito's.  The other guy closer to Martin 's.  Who you drafting?
Damn you and your hard questions.

I would take the scumbag. Someone else on the team would surely beat the hell out of him sooner or later.

I don't think Martin's personality is a bad thing because eventually maybe he would have stood up for himself, but I wouldn't want somebody who would take that crap for that long.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 05, 2013, 10:00:29 PM

Latest is that the Dolphins coaching staff encouraged Incognito to toughen Martin up after Martin missed two OTAs.  This is going to end up badly for the Dolphins.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 05, 2013, 10:01:56 PM

I'm pretty sure Schiano is leaking all this info to the press...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL personnel question 'coward' Martin for not challenging Incognito « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools