Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1 win, 13 losses; How does Raheem Schiano still have a job? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

: November 05, 2013, 09:18:46 PM

"CHIPPER SHREDDER SCHIANO !!!"

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#1 : November 05, 2013, 09:41:30 PM

Never thought we could find a hc that was worse then Raheem.... But of course we out did ourselves in that regard.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 05, 2013, 09:58:04 PM

He's not worse than Raheem "Blowout" Morris-- but the "W's" haven't been there.

And if we "keep" him? We're stuck with an archaic '70's Offense??

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#3 : November 06, 2013, 02:35:00 AM

He's not worse than Raheem "Blowout" Morris-

Yes he is. Rah had zero talent on his teams, and still won 10 games one year. If he had this roster, wed be winning I elieve. Rah always made GREAT 2nd half adjustments. In Schis year and a half, I cant remember a single time hes made ANY of those. Hes even gone on record to say theres not enough time to make them. Personally, Id take Rah over GS right now any day of the week and twice on Sundays. And YES I DO remember how ugly it got under him. That blowout loss to the Titans still haunts me needing to watch it in my kitchen. Our team had quit. We still havent by the looks of last Sunday, but Give me Rah over Schi any day.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Mizer

Second String

#4 : November 06, 2013, 06:38:26 AM

sometimes in life, it isn't just knowing what to do... it's knowing when to do it ;)

Ynot

Starter
#5 : November 06, 2013, 07:38:43 AM

As much as I'm not a Schiano fan, the end of the Rah era was something different than I had ever seen before.  I'm a 'can't wait to watch every single second of the game' kind of guy and typically rewatch it two to three times during the week.  By the end of Rah's time here, I had a really difficult time watching the games at all...and that was when I was still obsessed with Freeman.  Tough, tough times.  Somehow, someway, I've enjoyed this 0-8 season.  I'm enjoying watching a rookie QB with all odds against him, try to develop.  I couldn't be happier that cancer Josh Freeman is gone.  Notice no leaks since he left?  Also, out of the blue, Schiano seems to have completely changed his style.  Curious to see how this plays out.  Regardless, I'm still looking forward to tuning in.  Not during the Rah era.  Forget it, it was sickening.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 06, 2013, 07:48:25 AM

Cause it's midseason ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#7 : November 06, 2013, 07:50:07 AM

Raheem had ALOT of faults but he did do more with less.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 06, 2013, 07:55:07 AM

In 2005 be had 11 wins. Since that season, we have had double digit wins once. That came from a Raheem coached team. Rah wasn't as bad as people make him out to be. If Freeturd hadn't started his decent into useless turdism in 2011.....Rah would probably still be here.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 06, 2013, 08:01:07 AM

In 2005 be had 11 wins. Since that season, we have had double digit wins once. That came from a Raheem coached team. Rah wasn't as bad as people make him out to be. If Freeturd hadn't started his decent into useless turdism in 2011.....Rah would probably still be here.

But Freeman playing out of his ass that year was the only reason he had that winning season....and we know now that's exactly what that season was for Freeman - a fluke.

...and who's guy was this Kansas State QB we just had to trade up for ?? Raheem's guy . He dug his own grave bringing in Freeturd . " The albatross about his neck was hung. "

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 06, 2013, 08:05:21 AM

Oh I agree. Freeman was Raheem's guy and so Raheem had to go. He had noway of knowing, no of us did, that Freeturd was going to crap the bed so completely.....but Freeman's collapse is what caused 2011 to be horrible and Raheem to eventually lose the team and get fired. Not his coaching. He was actually a pretty good coach.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 06, 2013, 09:10:02 AM

He IS Raheem Schiano now.

That needs to be your next sig Chronic.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 06, 2013, 09:20:39 AM

Oh I agree. Freeman was Raheem's guy and so Raheem had to go. He had noway of knowing, no of us did, that Freeturd was going to crap the bed so completely.....but Freeman's collapse is what caused 2011 to be horrible and Raheem to eventually lose the team and get fired. Not his coaching. He was actually a pretty good coach.

None of us except Java and I. I hated the pick in 09, and probably spewed more "he isn't the guy" posts about the ineptitude of Joshua Freeman then everyone's favorite troller over the past 5 years.

But that doesn't matter, because it simply means a wasted pick in 09 didn't pan out, and we are left still searching for a qb who can be someone to rally around and lead us back to the playoffs.

While Freeman is the one of the main reasons Raheem lost his job, and might cost Schiano his job, Freeman might unfortunately be the guy who ultimately saves Schianos job as well. If Glennon wins 3-4 out of the last 8, there is a decent chance the Glazers say the problems were more with #5, and Schiano gets next year to prove he is capable, with his boy Glennon. As much as a lot of us would hate to see that, if #8 starts putting up w's thoughts will change at One Buc, especially with Glennon throwing to Underwood, Dawson and Wright, instead of MWill and VJax.
I unfortunately see a "he calmed the waters" crap line coming out of One Buc, if we finish 3-5 or 4-4 in the remaining 8

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#13 : November 06, 2013, 09:45:36 AM

Awesome thread.  Good info.  Great insight.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#14 : November 06, 2013, 12:54:28 PM

I think both have done terribly, however, I think a tandem of Raheem as head coach (good cop) and Schiano as d coordinator (bad cop) might have worked out. Raheem seemed like he knew the game well enough, I think he was just too nice and got completely run over and not taken seriously
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1 win, 13 losses; How does Raheem Schiano still have a job? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools