Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One elite pass rusher « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#15 : November 13, 2013, 12:14:14 PM

Sign Johnson, draft Clowney/Barr

Clowney?!?!?

I thought you hated Glennon?

He hates the top QB's in the draft more.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 13, 2013, 12:41:46 PM

So we can drop him into coverage while we send a safety in blitzing?
Going to use a new blitz where one end loops around the other...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

freddy

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 13, 2013, 12:41:49 PM

sadly, we've invested heavily in the position with drafting Clayborn and Bowers in Rd 1 & 2, and are not getting the returns.
There were plenty of proven DEs available in FA that were available but we were told that we were good with DTN at the helm.

Thats called a sunken cost my friend. They went with Bowers this year not because of his draft status but because they hoped he would live up to his draft status.  He hasn't and unless there is a miracle, at best he will be a rotational back-up next year.

I'm still a little worried about attitude, but Clowney is what this team needs.   

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 13, 2013, 12:56:36 PM

Geez, I thought the HC said he anticipated/believed there would be 10 or more sacks from Bowers... not sure if that is because of his draft status, or living up to his draft status, or if there is even a difference there.  Seemed to me the player wasn't prepared to play regardless of his draft status, his preparation, his injury history... or the coaching staff...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 13, 2013, 02:43:04 PM

Should've traded up for Quinn.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 13, 2013, 02:59:25 PM

Getting some SPEED and quicks at DE and WR would have a huge positive effect on our defensive and offensive units.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 13, 2013, 03:12:12 PM

Sign Johnson, draft Clowney/Barr

Clowney?!?!?

I thought you hated Glennon?

He hates the top QB's in the draft more.

This guy gets it. I think Mariota/Bridgewater would be a wasted pick. I dont buy the "QB rich" draft.

I still have a significant amount of ambivalence in regards to Mike Glennon.

I think his statistics at the end of the year are going to be misleading.

For the first half of a game Glennon looks like a good QB. I start to get excited.

Then, like clockwork, he melts down in the second half...disappears...so he has to improve there. If he does, I say give him another year.

He makes smart decisions most of the time. I dont care about his yards per attempt that much...I know he can make intermediate throws. He needs to connect on some deep passes. There are just some things I would like to see him do better down the stretch. I am 50/50 on him.

One thing is for sure....he is clearly better than Freeman.

Where you at CBW? Lolz

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 13, 2013, 03:13:27 PM

Getting some SPEED and quicks at DE and WR would have a huge positive effect on our defensive and offensive units.

I agree with this. I think getting a fast slot receiver in the draft/ or a TE in the draft would alter this offense significantly.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 13, 2013, 03:17:49 PM

So we can drop him into coverage while we send a safety in blitzing?
and can you tell me which one of our elite pass rushers we have done that with?

1. We don't have any elite pass rushers. So the answer is "none".
2. There have been times when we have dropped either Clayborn, DTN, and even McCoy back into coverage.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 13, 2013, 03:21:40 PM

Need secondary help as well. 

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 13, 2013, 03:29:03 PM

Slight aside; a Buccaneer folly from few years ago, our own Stylez G White sorta back-pedaled into a short zone where an opposing RB was going out to catch a pass. Stylez literaled backed his butt into the RB as he was trying to catch the throw. Both guys were stumbling around, kinda tripping over each other. Hilarious!  ;D

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#26 : November 13, 2013, 03:41:49 PM

If Schiano and Dom are here, we'll just "develop" Underwood, Wright, Banks, and Gholston and not really address the problems.  If we brought in a new HC/GM maybe we could look at signing Michael Johnson and Alterraun Verner.  If the free agent paydays remain low like last season, this isn't unrealistic.  Trade back in the draft and pick up an extra pick or two.  Draft Manziel, 2nd round TE, and mid round O-line depth. 

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#27 : November 13, 2013, 04:09:59 PM

Just drafted a corner with 2nd round pick.....just signed the best corner in the league via Free Agency.....just signed a pro bowl safety via Free Agency....just drafted another safety with a top pick last off-season

This isn't Madden. I think they're done throwing resources into the secondary for a while.
What more do you want? Us to pair up Sherman with Revis?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 13, 2013, 04:13:46 PM

Just drafted a corner with 2nd round pick.....just signed the best corner in the league via Free Agency.....just signed a pro bowl safety via Free Agency....just drafted another safety with a top pick last off-season

This isn't Madden. I think they're done throwing resources into the secondary for a while.

Unfortunately after all that investment only Revis has shown he's worth a damn in coverage.  I'm not sure we have an NFL caliber #2 Corner and we don't have a starting Safety that can cover.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 13, 2013, 04:20:42 PM

hes right. we still need secondary help. in the modern NFL you NEED to have 3 good corners. right now we have an Elite #1 corner, Banks is a rookie and is getting targeted even worse than normal because Revis is on the other side. beyond those two who do we have? Leonard Johnson hasnt been good at all as a nickel. teams 3rd receivers have been eating us alive. we need a good nickelback. it doesnt have to be a high pick but we need to spend a top 4 round choice on a nickel.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One elite pass rusher « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools