Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One elite pass rusher « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 13, 2013, 04:32:54 PM

If Schiano and Dom are here, we'll just "develop" Underwood, Wright, Banks, and Gholston and not really address the problems.  If we brought in a new HC/GM maybe we could look at signing Michael Johnson and Alterraun Verner.  If the free agent paydays remain low like last season, this isn't unrealistic.  Trade back in the draft and pick up an extra pick or two.  Draft Manziel, 2nd round TE, and mid round O-line depth.

I dont think that is what Schiano and Dominik would do. Why would they not address a need?

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 13, 2013, 04:35:06 PM

Need secondary help as well.

I agree. Although, as you know a dominant pass rush would likely equal out as our secondary is at least adequate at this point..I think we can agree on that...

Problem is, I dont think I trust Dominik/Big S to select a good pass rusher.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#32 : November 13, 2013, 04:53:00 PM

aren't Gaitor and Gorrer on IR?

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#33 : November 13, 2013, 04:59:59 PM

If Schiano and Dom are here, we'll just "develop" Underwood, Wright, Banks, and Gholston and not really address the problems.  If we brought in a new HC/GM maybe we could look at signing Michael Johnson and Alterraun Verner.  If the free agent paydays remain low like last season, this isn't unrealistic.  Trade back in the draft and pick up an extra pick or two.  Draft Manziel, 2nd round TE, and mid round O-line depth.

I dont think that is what Schiano and Dominik would do. Why would they not address a need?
Because these were needs coming into this season, but they weren't addressed then, either.  I don't have any faith that they can put their egos aside to do what needs to be done.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 13, 2013, 05:06:55 PM

They won't be here.. It's silly to debate or ponder what they will do.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 13, 2013, 06:22:03 PM

Because these were needs coming into this season, but they weren't addressed then, either.  I don't have any faith that they can put their egos aside to do what needs to be done.

MD has pretty much adressed needs since his first draft. sometimes they dont pan out and not all needs are addressed at once. We absolutley needed WRs and a Dline and drafted 2 DTs and 2WRs. we still needed a passrush and he drafted 2 DEs. We needed a #1 WR, RB and Oline help, and he got Vjax, Nicks, and Martin. David was a need too. After all that we needed secondary more than anything in the world and we traded for Revis and drafted a CB with the first pick we had.

Like him or not, Dom (and maybe Schiano too) has certainly been addressing needs. 

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 13, 2013, 06:25:02 PM

Actually the best trait about Schiano is he addresses the roster problem pretty quick, so no offense but you couldnt be more wrong on that one.

If he couldnt put his ego aside then he would never have benched Bowers before the season even started, especially after claiming he can get 10 sacks. I actually like Raheem but he would have had Bowers in the whole season in that situation.

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#37 : November 13, 2013, 11:55:48 PM

So we can drop him into coverage while we send a safety in blitzing?
and can you tell me which one of our elite pass rushers we have done that with?

1. We don't have any elite pass rushers. So the answer is "none".
2. There have been times when we have dropped either Clayborn, DTN, and even McCoy back into coverage.
Exactly because we don't have any. And teams do that stuff all the time. But 99% of the time you don't do it with your elite pass rusher

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 13, 2013, 11:59:05 PM

nah man that makes no sense. Underwood was cut before the season even started. There is no reason to bail on banks he is a 2nd round rookie LOL. Gholston also a rookie. Wright should stick around. I am sure Dominik would love to select an elite pass rusher. I am not a dominik supporter, that said this theory is just silly.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 14, 2013, 12:26:59 AM

So we can drop him into coverage while we send a safety in blitzing?
and can you tell me which one of our elite pass rushers we have done that with?

1. We don't have any elite pass rushers. So the answer is "none".
2. There have been times when we have dropped either Clayborn, DTN, and even McCoy back into coverage.
Exactly because we don't have any. And teams do that stuff all the time. But 99% of the time you don't do it with your elite pass rusher

The point bradentonian was making is that he wouldn't put it past this incompetent staff to drop our elite pass rusher back into coverage.

A point that I can't necessarily disagree with.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 14, 2013, 12:36:52 AM

Gholston is the sleeper.  He was all over the field in preseason.  He will be a factor when his number is called.  This team needs a Kevin Carter to help guys along. 

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#41 : November 14, 2013, 05:47:45 AM

nah man that makes no sense. Underwood was cut before the season even started. There is no reason to bail on banks he is a 2nd round rookie LOL. Gholston also a rookie. Wright should stick around. I am sure Dominik would love to select an elite pass rusher. I am not a dominik supporter, that said this theory is just silly.
I think we have differing opinions on the players. 

I'll give you Underwood, he was cut and only brought back because of Ogletree's suckage. 

Banks is a 2nd round pick, but his play has proven that he should not be a #2 CB in the league right now.  Maybe next year, but a lot of improvement needs to be made.  The Bucs should have a more proven player in the #2 spot and play Banks as the #3.  I understand that Wright blew his opportunity, but there were lots of other decent CB's that got very reasonable contracts. I'm not saying to bail on him, but to rely on him so early was a bad decision.

Gholston has potential, but he is a 5th round pick and will likely take several years to develop.  I think it was extremely arrogant to think that you could let your best DE walk in FA and replace him with a very unproven DE (Bowers) and a 5th round pick. 

The TE position again proves my argument.  It was not addressed this offseason, and for the first few games was a major hole.  He has had one good game, and a few good catches in other games.  He is not a weapon that opposing offenses need to fear or gameplan around.  He should stick around as a 2nd, receiving TE.  Should he be our starting TE?  I have my doubts.

Honestly, the players weren't even the point of my post.  All of them could go on to be fairly productive.  I was trying to say that I think Schiano/Dom overestimated the players abilities (and the ability of the coaches) and ignored those positions despite the fact that they were obvious needs going into the offseason.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 14, 2013, 08:14:00 AM

They won't be here.. It's silly to debate or ponder what they will do.

You hope anyways. (as do I)

I am concerned...we can probably beat Atlanta next week..two in a row could signal some trouble down the stretch here...we have some games we can win. Atlanta/Buffalo/St. Louis

Ughhhh I can see it playing out now.

No top QB, Schiano and Dominik another year (pukes in mouth a little)

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 14, 2013, 08:42:40 AM

I think on the rare occasion the coaching staff lets our front four pin back thier ears and rush the QB instead of running stunts and dropping them in coverage.....we do pretty well.

Maybe next year our new regime will bring back Bennett and sign Michael Johnson too. That would be pretty sweet.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One elite pass rusher « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools