Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Clowney's dip in production an issue to NFL Execs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
: November 13, 2013, 01:01:23 PM

I am fairly convinced if Schiano is retained, we are taking Clowney or Barr in the draft.  Daniel Jerimiah polled 5 NFL Execs if his decline in production this year would scare them off from drafting him if they had the chance.  Here is the verdict:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000281066/article/ask-5-is-jadeveon-clowneys-decline-minor-or-major-issue

Is the issue with him this year that he has character and work ethic issues or is he just ready for  the next challenge and doesnt want to risk injury with nothing left to prove.  If this was last year and we had a chance to draft him, we would all have been doing cartwheels over the ability ro draft the best defensive prospect in the last decade

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 13, 2013, 01:07:49 PM

Im fairly convinced that unless we have the #1 overall pick...Clowney is our man.  Even with a new coach.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 13, 2013, 01:11:19 PM

I can't see Schiano seeing Clowney as a Buccaneer man b/c the kid is protecting himself... not going full out.  That would run contrary to Schiano I suspect.  Other coaches might well look past that and see the qb class is deep and talented.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

LuckyLarry

Pro Bowler

#3 : November 13, 2013, 01:12:25 PM

screw Clowney.   No way do I want him to be a Buc.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 13, 2013, 01:19:52 PM

Our actions in Free Agency will tell us a lot.  If we dont add a pass rusher there...be prepared once the draft rolls around.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 13, 2013, 01:52:25 PM

Our actions in Free Agency will tell us a lot.  If we dont add a pass rusher there...be prepared once the draft rolls around.

Agreed.  Michael Johnson is an option but will it be worth what we will have to pay him to sign him?  We have lots of needs (TE, CB, WR, OL) that we maybe be able to address with more cost effective FA options and go for the potential elite pass rusher in the draft

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 13, 2013, 01:54:47 PM

To Clowney's credit...he has been playing banged up much of the year...but I do see him disappearing at times. His sack numbers also don't look as good when you take away last years monster 4.5 sacks in one game. With that said...NFL scouts know more than me and watch more tape. If they still say he's a top 5 talent...well DE is a huge need and if he's number one and we don't take a QB...then I think we have to consider him.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 13, 2013, 02:11:17 PM

Get Barr.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 13, 2013, 02:17:31 PM

I hope like hell we avoid Teddy or clowney. Both are very questionable as top picks.

Show me production against good teams throughout their college careers before crowning them anything.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 13, 2013, 02:20:06 PM

I can't believe you guys are so stupid to forget the real question.....How quickly can he loop around from left end to right guard during his pass rush?

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 13, 2013, 02:20:55 PM

I've given up on the Clowney and Bridgewater talk because honestly I don't see us picking top 5.

The team has not given up and wants to win.

I see us playing our way to maybe the 9th spot with a 5-11 record.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 13, 2013, 02:22:19 PM

I hope like hell we avoid Teddy or clowney. Both are very questionable as top picks.

Show me production against good teams throughout their college careers before crowning them anything.
LOL

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 13, 2013, 02:40:16 PM

Get Barr.

+1.

Hell, sign Michael Johnson too. Have Clayborn as the 3rd DE.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 13, 2013, 02:45:01 PM

I've given up on the Clowney and Bridgewater talk because honestly I don't see us picking top 5.

The team has not given up and wants to win.

I see us playing our way to maybe the 9th spot with a 5-11 record.

Out of the Falcons, Lions, Panthers, Bills, 49ers, Rams and Saints...where do you see us getting 4 more wins? Do we have a chance to win all these games...yes...but is it likely no. Atlanta is not nearly as bad as their record and if I am a betting man...I think they have more talent than we do. I don't see us beating the Lions or the Panthers. I can see us beating the Bills possible and the Rams. Even if we win 2 more games...there are only 3 other teams with less than 3 wins and 5 teams with 3 wins. We'd have to have all those teams lose every game and the Bucs win 2-3 more to get to the 9th spot. I don't think that's going to happen. Unless this team takes off...I don't see us being out of the top 5.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 13, 2013, 02:46:07 PM

Clowney has no production against top teams?

lolwut?

GTFO

hes done nothing this year but thats because hes trying not to get hurt and has handlers in his ear telling him to take it easy and get the money
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Clowney's dip in production an issue to NFL Execs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools