Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Clowney's dip in production an issue to NFL Execs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 13, 2013, 02:46:50 PM

Isn't Barr more of a 3-4 OLB?

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 13, 2013, 02:47:08 PM

yes

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 13, 2013, 03:00:50 PM

I see us playing our way to maybe the 9th spot with a 5-11 record.

5-11 isn't likely to end up 9th. The last 3 drafts, it's been between pick 5-7. As I pointed out on another thread, a lot of the teams with 3 or fewer wins play each other, in some cases multiple times (Houston plays the Jags twice, e.g.) Plus, good teams will drop weird ones (see Rams-Colts).

I'm going with 4-12 for us, and think the teams likely to finish below us are:

Jacksonville - lock.
Minnesota - 2-7, with brutal schedule (most likely wins - @ GB - no Rodgers, maybe Detroit in week 17 if they are resting players)
Raiders - 3-6. Such a weird team. Most likely win is week 17 home against Denver (assuming Denver resting everybody, but especially Peyton), Tennessee at home. At Houston?
Atlanta. 2-7. I honestly think this team loses the rest of their games - including to us on Sunday. Maybe a win @ Buffalo, or week 17 thanks to Carolina already being clinched?

Other 3 win or fewer teams:

Buffalo (3 wins) - they get a bye right before Atlanta comes to the Buffalo. They have road games against Jags/Bucs, and they have the Dolphins in Buffalo.
Steelers (3 wins) - still have 2 games against the Browns, Dolphins at home
Texans (2 wins) - these guys have Oakland and Jags at home still, plus road games against the Jags and Locker-less Titans. 
NY Giants (3 wins) - these guys somehow have won 3 straight. Skins, Dallas, GB (w/o Rodgers) all on home schedule. Skins away as well. East tends to beat each other up so I'm sure there are some wins. Also, they've got a lot to play for still.
Redskins (3 wins) - see Giants above, re: NFC East. Have Falcons at FedEx.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 13, 2013, 03:09:58 PM

yes

Can Barr be a stud in a 4-3?

Yes.

Case in point: Von Miller, who plays in a 4-3.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 13, 2013, 03:46:08 PM

I can't see Schiano seeing Clowney as a Buccaneer man b/c the kid is protecting himself... not going full out.  That would run contrary to Schiano I suspect.  Other coaches might well look past that and see the qb class is deep and talented.
good point

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 13, 2013, 03:54:31 PM

I can't see Schiano seeing Clowney as a Buccaneer man b/c the kid is protecting himself... not going full out.  That would run contrary to Schiano I suspect.  Other coaches might well look past that and see the qb class is deep and talented.
Additionally, I don't think Schiano has drafted any underclassmen of significance. Barron, Martin, David, and Banks were all seniors.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Mic

Starter

#21 : November 13, 2013, 04:27:44 PM

yes

Yes.

Barr can still play end in the league as he grows into his frame but most of his rushes come from the DE position anyways but usually in a 2 point stance which I see Clayborn sets up as multiple times in a game

I''ll make a breakdown on Clowney and Barr, but as for my opinion I prefer Barr

youngone

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 13, 2013, 04:43:20 PM

yes

Yes.

Bingo

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 13, 2013, 05:15:16 PM

I've given up on the Clowney and Bridgewater talk because honestly I don't see us picking top 5.

The team has not given up and wants to win.

I see us playing our way to maybe the 9th spot with a 5-11 record.

Out of the Falcons, Lions, Panthers, Bills, 49ers, Rams and Saints...where do you see us getting 4 more wins? Do we have a chance to win all these games...yes...but is it likely no. Atlanta is not nearly as bad as their record and if I am a betting man...I think they have more talent than we do. I don't see us beating the Lions or the Panthers. I can see us beating the Bills possible and the Rams. Even if we win 2 more games...there are only 3 other teams with less than 3 wins and 5 teams with 3 wins. We'd have to have all those teams lose every game and the Bucs win 2-3 more to get to the 9th spot. I don't think that's going to happen. Unless this team takes off...I don't see us being out of the top 5.

It's not as if you can just look at a schedule and write down a W or L based on how good teams are.

We almost beat the Saints and Seahawks, and it's any given Sunday. Plenty of good teams lose games to bad ones.

All of those teams listed have their problems, and we have talent on our team. The difference between a win or loss is a few plays here and there a game.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 13, 2013, 06:40:30 PM

I really dont get it. I watched Clowney numerous times this year and I dont have a problem at all with his play. I see him slack on some plays but its because the guys is fighting double tams while they run the ball in the opposite direction of him. I was writing an unbiased review of his play this year I would have never thought to write he is slacking as a negative. I could only write about how awesome his abilities are and how teams have completely schemed against him, which is a good thing.

As for the question asked by the title of this thread. No his dip in production wont be an issue, at least not for the Bucs if MD is still here. We have prove of that when we drafted Clayborn and MD pretty much said "We watched film, and the dip in production is not an issue."

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 13, 2013, 06:59:00 PM

Miller has showed me that someone like Barr can still be a dominant 4-3 guy. I'd be fine with either if the situation called for it. Clowney's situation is simple, he's done with college and is ready for the pros, I don't blame him. He has enough on from previous years to deter any possibility of him dropping or concerning these GM's.

FL_PHOTOGRAPHER

Second String

#26 : November 13, 2013, 07:08:38 PM

BARR!!!!!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Clowney's dip in production an issue to NFL Execs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools