Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon should be our long term « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

: November 13, 2013, 05:01:51 PM

The primary trait that will bring enduring competitiveness is study habits and dedication to understanding your opponents. Freeman is a loose mellow partier type dude, who regressed because of his lack of effort OFF the field. Glennon IMO has that intangible (which is hardest to come by because of all the potential distractions in the world today). Our draft should focus on DE, Offense T and G, then TE.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 13, 2013, 05:04:53 PM

No I'll pass on that one.

If he beats out whoever they draft then fine.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#2 : November 13, 2013, 05:07:35 PM

He should be our long term backup...until we get a decent trade offer.

bill_kir

Starter

#3 : November 13, 2013, 05:16:52 PM

if they use a top of the 1st round pick (maybe the second overall pick) on a QB and Glennon beats him out for the job you don't see the problem with that? With a pick that high wouldn't you want a player you could plug in to the starting lineup for the next 5 to 10 years? You really think using (possibly) the #2 pick in the draft on a back up is a good plan?

Evaluate Glennon when the season is over, if the QB that is available at your pick does not grade out head and shoulders above Glennon (not a "in 3 years this guy will be a great QB") then you take best player available at biggest position of need.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 13, 2013, 05:27:41 PM

Glennon is not a threat to <fill-in-blank's> starting job, PERIOD!

Dominik specialized in acquiring talented players who were bad fits for his coaches. - FootballOutsiders

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 13, 2013, 05:28:45 PM

I think the OP is possessed

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 13, 2013, 05:39:39 PM

Glennon is not a threat to Freeman's starting job, PERIOD!

You told me to fill in the blank.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 13, 2013, 05:45:11 PM

if they use a top of the 1st round pick (maybe the second overall pick) on a QB and Glennon beats him out for the job you don't see the problem with that? With a pick that high wouldn't you want a player you could plug in to the starting lineup for the next 5 to 10 years? You really think using (possibly) the #2 pick in the draft on a back up is a good plan?

Evaluate Glennon when the season is over, if the QB that is available at your pick does not grade out head and shoulders above Glennon (not a "in 3 years this guy will be a great QB") then you take best player available at biggest position of need.

Glennon may improve a lot during the offseason and beat out the rookie QB. It's not like you can predict those things.

The real QB competition would come the year after.

It's not a bad idea at all to get another QB. it's the most important position on a team that has an impact on wins and losses. We need a good one, and it's nice to have more than one attempt at it.

If the rookie isn't as good as Glennon then we could always trade him away for a top pick and more in a later draft.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 13, 2013, 05:55:57 PM

To be honest if they get the QB position right for the first time ever, I wouldn't have a problem with it. That position is way too important to not get it right. If Glennon beats out the new guy and he balls out then great.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 13, 2013, 06:15:57 PM

Glennon should be our long term

...backup

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 13, 2013, 06:16:02 PM

Is our standards so low that just becsuse a guy is relatively intelligent and is willing to study film he should be this team's franchise QB?  Sure it's a good percentage of what is needed but so is talent and so is that almost unteachable trait if being able to process and make decisions quickly without panicking.  Not to mention confidence, leadership, toughness....not saying Glennon doesn't hsve many of these attributes but all that needs to be seen first before he is crowned the long term answer. 

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 13, 2013, 06:17:30 PM

But if we pick a guy that early Glennon won't even get the chance to start. The rookie hotshot is going to get all the preseason reps and get handed the job whether he deserves it or not.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 13, 2013, 06:21:48 PM

And if he fails they'll go back to Glennon.  Or if Glennon is just head and shoulders better in practice they might take their sweet time bringing him in as a starter and if Glennon is winning,  well he isn't going to the bench. 

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 13, 2013, 06:22:24 PM

The primary trait that will bring enduring competitiveness is study habits and dedication to understanding your opponents. Freeman is a loose mellow partier type dude, who regressed because of his lack of effort OFF the field. Glennon IMO has that intangible (which is hardest to come by because of all the potential distractions in the world today). Our draft should focus on DE, Offense T and G, then TE.

Guy takes one second away from conspiracy theories and false religion to support the team staying mediocre.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 13, 2013, 06:29:17 PM

How about we just wait till the end of the season and see where Glennons at then? He could be pretty good. But he could also suck. But we still have some time to see.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon should be our long term « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools