Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: schipologists « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#90 : November 20, 2013, 05:59:17 PM

Spin spin spin spin spin spin spin spin...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#91 : November 20, 2013, 06:03:49 PM

I'm tired of the drama, I want to talk about football. That doesn't excuse Schiano from anything. Spin, black hole, spin.

Explain to me what you believe right now then.

I'll leave bias out the door if you have a legitimate argument. Forget the BS, just explain your stance.

Cliff notes for the simple minded:

The team is in a better place now than when Schiano took over.  There are young building blocks in place and a structured environment.   Schiano has made mistakes on the field, but to pretend that there have not been outside forces that are going to negatively effect a developing team being as successful as we all hope is nave.   That starts with the fact that the team was a mess when he took over and continues to having to rid the team of the unfranchise QB that quit on his team.   I've stated several times on this board that I don't care if Schiano sticks around or not.  I have labeled it the 2nd straight mediocre to poor hire by the Glazers.  I have stated that if he does not get it together from a coaching stand point that I do think he will be this time periods "Sam Wyche" assuming that the Glazers hire the right guys (including the next GM).   The team has looked progressively better over the past few weeks and there is no reason to not see how the season plays out.  Generally I think the jury is out on him from the coaching aspect, but I'm fairly please with talent acquisition and overall structured environment (taking overboard sometimes in my opinion not withstanding).

To take it a step further back, I believe that the 3 years under Morris were a waste and that the actual "rebuilding" kicked in when Schiano took over.  In those previous 3 years, we landed one building block (McCoy) while in the past 2 years I believe the additions of David and Barron along with Martin on the offensive side of the ball gives us a solid foundation.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#92 : November 20, 2013, 07:20:27 PM

They're not talking about it, too? Somehow, I doubt that. None of which excuses Schiano, and I never said it did, contrary to your lies.

So bad coaching isn't why the team is 3-13 in their last 16 games, it's because they weren't focused on just football. It doesn't excuse Schiano, it just isn't totally his fault and thus, isn't sufficient reason to want him fired, therefor he should be given a second chance to prove himself, and people who aren't willing to give him one are just closed minded.

I'm sure that some of the morons on this message board will buy into this clusterf*ck of "logic" you've spewed out of both sides of your mouth. Anyone with half a brain, however, can see this for what it is. An excuse.

"Your tap dance abilities aren't nearly as good as you seem to think they are. Neither are your wits,"

Whether the team finishes 8-0 and they throw Schiano a parade, or they finish 2-6 and run him out of town, I'll still be several leagues ahead of you. Really irks ya, doesn't it?

Say it enough times and maybe eventually you'll start to believe it.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#93 : November 20, 2013, 07:23:02 PM

"So bad coaching isn't why the team is 3-13 in their last 16 games,"

If that's your theory, roll with it. Just stop saying you got it from me, 'cause ya didn't.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#94 : November 20, 2013, 07:32:30 PM

"Say it enough times and maybe eventually you'll start to believe it."

That's a fairly common strategy around here actually. People repeat the same nonsense over and over - not trying to convince others, but subconsciously trying to convince themselves. Trying to convince themselves that the emotional decisions they've made really are supported by logic. Even a cursory examination shows this to be true.

Out of curiosity, just how successful do you expect your attempts to denigrate my intelligence to be? Yeah, that sort of stuff works on guys like you, which is why I use it so often (call me lazy). But do you seriously expect it to work on me?

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#95 : November 20, 2013, 07:48:03 PM

Bucfucious is smart and he will tell you so.  Lmao!  Wow.  Look, Mom, no hands.   

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#96 : November 20, 2013, 08:16:47 PM

"So bad coaching isn't why the team is 3-13 in their last 16 games,"

If that's your theory, roll with it. Just stop saying you got it from me, 'cause ya didn't.

"I just want to see what this team is capable of when football is the focus."

Sure don't see you claiming that it's the coaching here. Quite to contrary, as a matter of fact.

So, oh radiant one, enlighten us. Go on record with why you think it took Schiano almost a full calendar year to win a meaningful game? Or are you too much of a coward to risk admitting that you are, in fact, excusing this coach because "forces beyond his control" played a role in his suckitude?

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#97 : November 20, 2013, 08:20:28 PM

No, forces beyond my control prevent me from firing him, and I see no gain in whining like a b*tch in the meantime. He has as long as the Glazers give him, and I'm watching to see what he does with that opportunity. People who actually know things we can only speculate about believe he deserves that opportunity.
: November 20, 2013, 08:22:25 PM Bucfucious

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#98 : November 20, 2013, 08:50:26 PM

"Say it enough times and maybe eventually you'll start to believe it."

That's a fairly common strategy around here actually. People repeat the same nonsense over and over - not trying to convince others, but subconsciously trying to convince themselves. Trying to convince themselves that the emotional decisions they've made really are supported by logic. Even a cursory examination shows this to be true.

Out of curiosity, just how successful do you expect your attempts to denigrate my intelligence to be? Yeah, that sort of stuff works on guys like you, which is why I use it so often (call me lazy). But do you seriously expect it to work on me?

I'm not denigrating your intelligence, resplendent one. There is no need to. I already know that you aren't half as smart as you think you are. I learned that quite some time ago. I don't have to try and discredit you on that. You do a good enough job on your own.

What I am doing, is calling you out on your BS on the Schiano subject. Perhaps in the midst of your infinite wisdom and unyielding intellectual prowess, you missed educating yourself on what an "excuse" is. Or perhaps you are trying to finagle your way out of owning up to the fact that you made one. Either way, your bravado doesn't hide your intellectual dishonesty in the least.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#99 : November 20, 2013, 08:50:35 PM

No, forces beyond my control prevent me from firing him, and I see no gain in whining like a b*tch in the meantime. He has as long as the Glazers give him, and I'm watching to see what he does with that opportunity. People who actually know things we can only speculate about believe he deserves that opportunity.

Well, as long as fans are "understanding" instead of "expecting," the glazers will be more inclined to allow this to continue.

I expect better, and not in the last two games either.., throughout the season is more like it. Two wins against bad opponents does nothing for me, especially if they lost eight/nine games before that.

Schiano has had almost two seasons to win enough to get to playoffs not even once if you add them up. It would take three seasons to win enough for one playoff run. That's putrid for pretty much any coach. Time to start over, because even a replacement, rookie coach, or basically any actual experianced HC could do as good/bad or better.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#100 : November 20, 2013, 09:22:55 PM

I'm tired of the drama, I want to talk about football. That doesn't excuse Schiano from anything. Spin, black hole, spin.

I'll leave bias out the door if you have a legitimate argument. Forget the BS, just explain your stance.

The team is in a better place now than when Schiano took over.  There are young building blocks in place and a structured environment.   Schiano has made mistakes on the field, but to pretend that there have not been outside forces that are going to negatively effect a developing team being as successful as we all hope is nave.   That starts with the fact that the team was a mess when he took over and continues to having to rid the team of the unfranchise QB that quit on his team.   I've stated several times on this board that I don't care if Schiano sticks around or not.  I have labeled it the 2nd straight mediocre to poor hire by the Glazers.  I have stated that if he does not get it together from a coaching stand point that I do think he will be this time periods "Sam Wyche" assuming that the Glazers hire the right guys (including the next GM).   The team has looked progressively better over the past few weeks and there is no reason to not see how the season plays out.  Generally I think the jury is out on him from the coaching aspect, but I'm fairly please with talent acquisition and overall structured environment (taking overboard sometimes in my opinion not withstanding).

To take it a step further back, I believe that the 3 years under Morris were a waste and that the actual "rebuilding" kicked in when Schiano took over.  In those previous 3 years, we landed one building block (McCoy) while in the past 2 years I believe the additions of David and Barron along with Martin on the offensive side of the ball gives us a solid foundation.
A lot more progress compared to almost going backwards.  Not a huge compliment.  As for coaching - we only get to see a couple of practices.  As for game coaching - he is not NFL quality - not even close. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#101 : November 20, 2013, 09:38:16 PM

Schipologists make it sound like he should be up for "Coach of the Year"......

....instead of being booted back to RuNutHuggers.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#102 : November 20, 2013, 09:55:07 PM

A lot more progress compared to almost going backwards.  Not a huge compliment.  As for coaching - we only get to see a couple of practices.  As for game coaching - he is not NFL quality - not even close.

It's a "huge" compliment when were supposedly starting to "rebuild through the draft" 5 years ago.  As for coaching, fans throughout the league are griping about coach's in game decisions and pregame prep regularly.   Some great coaches supposedly weren't as smart as the message board gurus.  Of course, there have been many not so great coaches as well.
: November 20, 2013, 10:01:04 PM olafberserker

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#103 : November 20, 2013, 10:07:10 PM

How anyone can defend Schiano at this point is beyond me. He is one of the worst coaches in the NFL, period.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#104 : November 20, 2013, 10:08:54 PM

How anyone can defend Schiano at this point is beyond me. He is one of the worst coaches in the NFL, period.

stay classy
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: schipologists « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools