Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Mike Williams Being Missed? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Ynot

Starter
#30 : November 20, 2013, 07:23:11 PM

I do know this, since he went on IR we have had fewer false starts on our WRs.  He was good for at least one of those a game!

Ron Swanson

Starter

#31 : November 20, 2013, 07:50:13 PM

M.Will and Glennon should be deadly next year with the back shoulder pass. Would not be shocked if we drafted a WR to eventually take V.Jac spot. Sammy Watkins in the 1st (depending on were we pick and what pass rushers are left)  our Allen Robinson in the 2nd.

I'm glad someone else mentioned Robinson, every game i've seen he dominated (granted I havent watched every PSU game the last two years), but he looks like a baller. 6'3" with pretty good speed, makes acrobatic catches on the sideline, great on screens, and can line up all over the field.

\"When I eat it is the food that is scared.\" -R.S.

blah

Second String

#32 : November 20, 2013, 07:51:17 PM

MW19 is missed just because what is behind him is such total crap.

I think the thing missing from the offense, especially for a guy like Glennon, is someone who can run routes. We made it "all about 5" and got a bunch of guys who could jump, an pivot, and drive and lunge to grab passes like VJax and MW19 but neither of them are precise route runners. My fear is now that we have extended him we won't get the value out of him now because we have a QB, and anyone we draft will also hopefully fit this bill, who can throw it to an actual spot not just an area code.
A Wes Welker type would do wonders for Glennon.
agreed. I was thinking an Ike Hilliard type guy.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#33 : November 20, 2013, 09:34:38 PM

I thought Freeman was good in 2010 because Freeman was good in 2010. I don't get your point Pepsi.

I see Mikes flaws. I realize he isn't perfect. Who is? Calvin Johnson maybe. The rest of the WRs in the NFL have to work with they have and do the best they can. I think Mike has been blessed and has quite a bit to work with and has worked hard to get better each year. Not only is he one of the best in the league at using his body to box out defenders and literally taking jump balls away, but his YAC is severly under rated. Dude has a great mix of quickness and strength, and he uses it really well before, during, and after the catch.

Agreed. Mike Williams is not a #1 wideout but he is a very very very good number 2 guy. He is a stud and there is no doubt in my mind that a healthy mike williams would help our offense now.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 20, 2013, 09:37:20 PM

Mike is a good player. Glad they locked him up. He wouldn't last long on the free agent market. They may be hoping he can go from good, to great in the next couple of seasons.  Then when Vincent hangs them up, Mike can be the #1 WR.

It would of been nice for Mike and Glennon to establish some chemistry this season, but it shouldn't take them too long, at next years training camp.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 20, 2013, 09:39:06 PM

mike who?

Overrated Bum.

His production is way down this year! He's on pace to have 2 TDs and less than 300 yards receiving.
At least he's earning one part of his "No.2" title......
: November 20, 2013, 09:41:35 PM TheChronicHotAir

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#36 : November 21, 2013, 09:28:43 AM

A question you have to ask is, has there been a major drop off in production over last year from the # 2 WR position?
Look at it this way, at RB, DMart's replacements have equalled his production. Tiquan, not so much.
But there are variables, the QB change, porous OL, etc., that's understood. Not a good year to measure in numbers, but I'd like to believe defenses have an easier job defending Tiquan.

Anubis

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 21, 2013, 09:36:34 AM

MW19 is missed just because what is behind him is such total crap.

I think the thing missing from the offense, especially for a guy like Glennon, is someone who can run routes. We made it "all about 5" and got a bunch of guys who could jump, an pivot, and drive and lunge to grab passes like VJax and MW19 but neither of them are precise route runners. My fear is now that we have extended him we won't get the value out of him now because we have a QB, and anyone we draft will also hopefully fit this bill, who can throw it to an actual spot not just an area code.
A Wes Welker type would do wonders for Glennon.

So would a Gronk like TE.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Mike Williams Being Missed? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools