Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF BULLS FOOTBALL THREAD « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17

Runole

Hall of Famer
#240 : August 13, 2014, 07:35:40 AM

I'm sure there are plenty of USF grads that are fans of UF and UM ... along with plenty of current students .... which is one of the huge problems that has plagued USF football. Some of those fans have the other state schools as a 2nd favorite but their support, ie, financial, etc, goes to the school they graduated from, USF. The problem is the ones that don't support USF in those ways and are just superficial fans. You seem to be in that bunch making you part of that problem.

As far as the USF/UCF thing goes, any Bulls fan with arrogance towards UCF NOW is barking up the wrong tree. NOW that we're both on the same level, in the same conference, it is indeed a rivalry and will probably blossom into a good one .... They can't live in the past when we were at a higher level, with absolutely nothing to gain by playing them and plenty to lose.

USF dropped a made to order RIVALRY, I hardly call criticizing that clueless.   USF vs UCF games are always well attended and well covered by the media.  That can't be a bad thing.

agree with everything except the "higher level" thing.   Schools are nearly identical and using the excuse  "Nothing to gain and plenty to lose is"   I have a problem with because it reeks of cowardice. The rest of the CFB world would laugh at such absurdity.   Only  a UF fan could identify with such  a thing. :'(

If that thought makes me part of the problem...  guilty as charged.   

For clueless outsiders that didn't really understand the dynamics of the USF program back in those days, I can see why they would have thought it reeked .... and I'm most assuredly not a UF fan. Grew up an FSU fan and followed them closely until the Bulls started up football ...
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF BULLS FOOTBALL THREAD « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools