Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steve Spurrier "The Brat, Bully, and Coward" « previous next »
Page: 1

Runole

Hall of Famer
: July 16, 2014, 08:27:07 AM

Great  two part article on the former Florida player and Coach.

Required reading for any CFB fan wanting insight into the man.

Part One

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/62295900/#!bfUHbb

Part  Two

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/62340648/#!bfTKcI

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 24, 2014, 06:54:21 PM

One of the greatest coaches of all-time

candy.lee7

Practice Squad

#2 : July 24, 2014, 11:22:27 PM

Cheap jersey and very nice quality NCAA Jersey just need $20.99
Order 10 pcs jerseys we provide free shipping.
Youth jersey and Women's jersey available :)
Share our site on Facebook you can get the 5% discount code!~
We also have the customized jersey service and you can have the jersey stitched on you name and your number!
Enjoy the best online shipping experience
www.efeelsports.ru

Runole

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 26, 2014, 09:28:01 AM

???  Washington might disagree...     

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 28, 2014, 09:43:16 AM

I thought this was the College Football Board??

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Runole

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 28, 2014, 10:46:23 AM

I thought this was the College Football Board??

Didn't see that as a" Pro" disclaimer for the statement "GREATEST COACHES of all-time" Spurrier was successful to a degree for the Tampa Bay Bandits.

I am sure the writer of the article has received a ton of threatening hate communication from Spurrier.  " The coach that can dish it out but not take it."

Isn't Spurrier still a coach at South Carolina?   That was a college program the last time I looked.
: July 28, 2014, 10:48:15 AM Runole

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 28, 2014, 11:08:27 PM

It is a college football board, which is why when measuring/discussing him as a coach, he can be considered one of the best ever (I'd probably have him in the top 10-15). His NFL career is irrelevant in the discussion here.

For the same reason it would be stupid to say that Nick Saban isn't the GOAT, because of the mediocre job he did at Miami.

Either way..... I love Spurrier. He's hilarious.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

Runole

Hall of Famer
#7 : Yesterday at 10:56:50 AM

It is a college football board, which is why when measuring/discussing him as a coach, he can be considered one of the best ever (I'd probably have him in the top 10-15). His NFL career is irrelevant in the discussion here.

For the same reason it would be stupid to say that Nick Saban isn't the GOAT, because of the mediocre job he did at Miami.

Sorry, but you don't define what does or doesn't get posted here. :-* :P

Spurrier while he has had success at South Carolina it hasn't come close to what he achieved at Florida.   Saban has succeeded at both LSU and Bama.

I love Spurrier. He's hilarious.

Figures.  "sore loser ,sore winner, classless",  and like the author and those that no him personally   :  A BRAT  BULLY AND COWARD... and Lazy...   Personally, you can love those traits.   Think I will pass.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#8 : Yesterday at 11:36:41 AM

As a Nole fan, I loathe Steve-o about as much as any other Nole fan. However, it is quite evident that the writer of the articles is about as butthurt as one can possibly.

If you dissect anyone with Spurrier's extensive history in the public eye, you will easily be able to write such a whiny article.

Don't get me wrong, Steve-o is probably the whiniest coach I've ever see in CFB, but I never felt that he was the bad person the article proclaims him to be. 

Runole

Hall of Famer
#9 : Yesterday at 09:36:59 PM

As a Nole fan, I loathe Steve-o about as much as any other Nole fan. However, it is quite evident that the writer of the articles is about as butthurt as one can possibly.

If you dissect anyone with Spurrier's extensive history in the public eye, you will easily be able to write such a whiny article.

Don't get me wrong, Steve-o is probably the whiniest coach I've ever see in CFB, but I never felt that he was the bad person the article proclaims him to be.

Bad person?  I think Steve is honest about how he feels but how he feels doesn't mean his ranting and raving is factual.    Hey he is a good offensive coach that took the old Otto Graham offense of the 50's and refined it a bit.    My only problem with the guy is he is a poor winner and loser and is rather classless in his remarks. Larry Guest is a very good sports writer.  He didn't write the article but his experience with Spurrier has been confirmed by more than one source.

True story my daughter in law's brother beat out Spurrier;s son on the basketball team.  Out of the blue he gets invited to a birthday party at the Spurrier home.
How odd since they really didn't socialize?   Well as soon as he shows up Steve insists that he play his son One on One on his basketball court at the house.
Well Steve's son won but that tells you all you need to know of the character of the man..  wtf?  There are tons of similar stories about ole Stevie.  Of course his sycophants constantly say:   "Oh that is just Steve being Steve"  Like that somehow excuses boorish behavior?    ::)

The guy is just a classless jerk.     His own mother pretty much confirms his character.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : Today at 11:18:56 AM

True story my daughter in law's brother beat out Spurrier;s son on the basketball team.  Out of the blue he gets invited to a birthday party at the Spurrier home.
How odd since they really didn't socialize?   Well as soon as he shows up Steve insists that he play his son One on One on his basketball court at the house.
Well Steve's son won but that tells you all you need to know of the character of the man..  wtf?  .
how old is this story? 15 years ago?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#11 : Today at 11:21:30 AM

i disliked him because he was the coach at UF but i always thought he was funny as hell. the Free Shoes University quote still makes me laugh. his one liners were great

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#12 : Today at 08:15:45 PM

Sorry, but you don't define what does or doesn't get posted here. :-* :P
You're welcome to post every thought that pops into that pile **CENSORED** on top of your neck. Nothing's ever stopped you before.

Spurrier while he has had success at South Carolina it hasn't come close to what he achieved at Florida.   Saban has succeeded at both LSU and Bama.
Okay

Spurrier is still a great coach.

I love Spurrier. He's hilarious.

Figures.  "sore loser ,sore winner, classless",  and like the author and those that no him personally   :  A BRAT  BULLY AND COWARD... and Lazy...   Personally, you can love those traits.   Think I will pass.
I said he's funny, and that's the reason I like him.

I don't feel he's any of the above things that you claim he is, nor do I love any of those traits.

How **CENSORED**ing stupid can you be?

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#13 : Today at 08:16:39 PM

i disliked him because he was the coach at UF but i always thought he was funny as hell. the Free Shoes University quote still makes me laugh. his one liners were great
They still are.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steve Spurrier "The Brat, Bully, and Coward" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools