Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Stench in Tallahassee at FSU ! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 26

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

« #210 : April 25, 2014, 01:43:36 PM »

What snook says.  What happened during the Kennedy administration is great for some museum visit at some point but all I care about is what happened during the most recent November.  During the darkest hours of our rivals program's history FSU was running perfection and winning a crystal ball which is eternal. 

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #211 : April 25, 2014, 01:48:29 PM »

What snook says.  What happened during the Kennedy administration is great for some museum visit at some point but all I care about is what happened during the most recent November.  During the darkest hours of our rivals program's history FSU was running perfection and winning a crystal ball which is eternal.

Yeah, but UF went 16-2-1 against FSU from 1958-1976. 

That's WAAAAAY better than going 14-0 and being national champs in 2013.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #212 : April 25, 2014, 02:22:22 PM »

I thought DJ lost a bet and wasn't supposed to post around here anymore?

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #213 : April 25, 2014, 02:27:54 PM »

gaturds is not gayturds..  Hey I don't know if Tebow is gay but he definitely is strange.   So what if he is gay?  Not that there is anything wrong with that! 8)

FSU DIDN'T START THE FIRE!

Pretty much shows you're an ignorant d*uche. Have fun over the next decade or so trying to catch up in the overall record category.

Nothing amuses me more than someone calling someone ignorant when all they bring to the table is personal insults.  Grow up! 

Honesty is something you should try.  UF is a train wreck in Football today. 4-8 is a total embarrassment and suffering the most embarrassing loss (GS) in the modern era of football last year is even more embarrassing.  As someone above mentioned hang on to the 16-2-1 edge from 1958-1976 which I am sure occurred before you were born.  UF just suffered through a nightmare season that hasn't been seen for decades.   :-[ :'( :'( :'(

Here is a nice trivia question for you?    Name the only 2 teams in CFB history to beat a Top 5 team at their home field by 35 points or more?   :D

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #214 : April 25, 2014, 02:38:13 PM »

33-22-2.

Did you losers say something ?

Funny DJ. And I'm sure if the records were reversed, Noles fans would be bragging about the overall standings.

Actually, no.

No one brags about overall standings.  Except Gator fans after down seasons in which their in state rival won the national championship and went undefeated.

Do you care that Georgia owns the overall standings in the UF-UGA series?   Wouldn't you laugh at a UGA fan who bragged that UGA is winning the series 49-40-2?

UF has a losing record against Auburn, Alabama, Georgia.  Does anyone care?  Nope.

Accurate statement.    The only reason any fan would bring up such stuff  is trying to hide an immense insecurity complex with pseudo-arrogance. 

After last season.... Losing to both Miami and FSU football...   IT TRULY GRATES TO BE A GATOR    :D

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #215 : April 25, 2014, 02:42:18 PM »

More than one honest gator fan readily admits that last season was a total nightmare made even worse with FSU 14-0 Heisman Trophy winner and Champs.
Unfortunately, you won't find honest gators on this board.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #216 : April 25, 2014, 04:22:46 PM »

I thought DJ lost a bet and wasn't supposed to post around here anymore?

Shameless **CENSORED**.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #217 : April 25, 2014, 04:23:10 PM »

34-22-2... did you losers say something ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #218 : April 25, 2014, 04:32:38 PM »

Miyagi-san js the one who hasn't been posting here any longer.

Lovely how that worked out , isn't it ? LMAO!

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #219 : April 25, 2014, 06:03:16 PM »

34-22-2... did you losers say something ?

You got anything else?

Maybe a win over GA Southern?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #220 : April 25, 2014, 07:55:04 PM »

34-22-2...did Snook say something ?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #221 : April 26, 2014, 12:11:03 PM »

Meggs reflects on Winston case at business meeting

State Attorney Willie Meggs presented a candid postmortem Tuesday of his experience with last year’s “quarterback situation” involving a rape allegation against Florida State football star Jameis Winston.

At a luncheon hosted by Tallahassee’s Network of Entrepreneurs and Business Advocates, Meggs said the attorney of the woman who accused Winston of raping her the morning of Dec. 7, 2012, was “very difficult to deal with,” and while he lacked enough evidence to charge the Heisman winner, “he was not exemplifying great character that night, no matter what the facts are.”

As for a U.S. Department of Education Title IX investigation into FSU’s handling of the Winston incident, Meggs said the “worst case scenario” would be a loss of federal money — and Winston as a student.

“I don’t hold out a ton of hope that anything is going to be done with this federal investigation,” he said. “It is a decision the university has to make about who they want playing football and who they want for their students.”

Meggs said in his nearly 40 years on the job, he’d never seen such intense interest in a case or faced such vitriol in his role as prosecutor.

“It was just unbelievable,” said Meggs, who fielded calls from reporters from around the world up to 50 times a day.

He said he received hundreds of letters and emails, many of them incendiary. In one, a man asked that any decision be put off until after Heisman Trophy voting. In another a writer hoped his wife and daughter would be raped and no one would do anything about it.

“It was ugly,” he said. “I’ve never seen anything like that.”

The first person to alert him of the case on Nov. 13 was Tallahassee Democrat reporter Jeff Burlew, Meggs said. Shortly afterward, as he drove to Savannah, Ga., to teach a class on prosecuting politicians, his Chief Assistant Attorney Georgia Cappleman called him and read the file as he drove.

“We found out we were 11 months behind the event and not much was done and it was turned over to the State Attorney’s Office,” he said. “We worked pretty hard trying to tie up loose ends.”

Meggs was not overtly critical of the Tallahassee Police Department’s handling of the initial complaint at Tuesday’s event, but stressed if a full investigation had been conducted as it should have been early on, the outcome of the case may have been different.

“There is no profit for us to be critical of the police after the fact,” he said. “I’m convinced had we done some things earlier correctly we might have gained more information.”

For example, Meggs said, video recordings from 30 cameras at Potbelly’s, where Winston, two other FSU football players and the woman met that night, could have been obtained. Detectives also likely would have been able to track down the taxicab driver who drove the quartet to Winston’s apartment where the alleged rape occurred.

After Megg’s office received the case from TPD, investigators talked to every cab driver who worked that night, but none recalled the fare.

“I’m sure we talked to the cab driver who drove them away from there, but either he didn’t remember or he didn’t want to be involved, because we talked to everyone,” Meggs said.

Meggs said Winston also could have been identified as the suspect earlier. TPD investigators knew the suspect was with an FSU freshman football player named Chris. Chris Casher, Winston’s roommate at the time, was the only Chris on the team’s roster.

“It would have been pretty easy on Dec. 8, 2012, (the day after the incident) to determine who was involved in this event that happened that night, but that did not occur,” he said.

Winston was not identified as the suspect until Jan. 10, 2013, when the woman realized who he was and contacted TPD herself. Winston was never interviewed by police and the case languished for months until media requests prompted the dormant case to be reactivated.

“Anybody, as my daddy would say, with one eye and half-sense knows there are some things that needed to be done that weren’t done,” Meggs said after the luncheon.

During his talk, Meggs also explained how he orchestrated the news conference announcing his decision to not press charges, including “hiding out” from the media that day, enlisting political consultant Gary Yordon to help and planning the order of who would stand before the sea of cameras.

He recounted how after a quick trip to the bathroom just before the news conference’s 2 p.m. start, he returned to find former state Sen. Al Lawson in his office, offering support. Lawson ended up in the row of officials from his office — something that struck observers as odd at the time.

“He had no idea what I was going to say,” Meggs said of Lawson, whom he thanked for showing up.

Meggs also defended his demeanor at the new conference. He was criticized by some for laughing during the event, but he said he merely gave “smart aleck” answers to dumb questions. The guffaws, he said, came as a reaction from those assembled, not from him.

Meggs closed his talk cryptically.

“We think we figured out what happened (that night), but we aren’t going to tell you,” he said.

After the meeting, he declined to elaborate on his theory. Along with the delayed investigation, he said the victim’s hazy recall of the incident also thwarted prosecution efforts.

“We have a handle on what happened,” Meggs said. “It’s what I think. Nobody cares what I think, it’s what I can prove. If I had evidence to support my theory and we were going forward, I would lay that out.”

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20140423/NEWS01/304230009/

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #222 : April 26, 2014, 12:16:34 PM »

Meggs reflects on Winston case at business meeting

State Attorney Willie Meggs presented a candid postmortem Tuesday of his experience with last year’s “quarterback situation” involving a rape allegation against Florida State football star Jameis Winston.

At a luncheon hosted by Tallahassee’s Network of Entrepreneurs and Business Advocates, Meggs said the attorney of the woman who accused Winston of raping her the morning of Dec. 7, 2012, was “very difficult to deal with,” and while he lacked enough evidence to charge the Heisman winner, “he was not exemplifying great character that night, no matter what the facts are.”

As for a U.S. Department of Education Title IX investigation into FSU’s handling of the Winston incident, Meggs said the “worst case scenario” would be a loss of federal money — and Winston as a student.

“I don’t hold out a ton of hope that anything is going to be done with this federal investigation,” he said. “It is a decision the university has to make about who they want playing football and who they want for their students.”

Meggs said in his nearly 40 years on the job, he’d never seen such intense interest in a case or faced such vitriol in his role as prosecutor.

“It was just unbelievable,” said Meggs, who fielded calls from reporters from around the world up to 50 times a day.

He said he received hundreds of letters and emails, many of them incendiary. In one, a man asked that any decision be put off until after Heisman Trophy voting. In another a writer hoped his wife and daughter would be raped and no one would do anything about it.

“It was ugly,” he said. “I’ve never seen anything like that.”

The first person to alert him of the case on Nov. 13 was Tallahassee Democrat reporter Jeff Burlew, Meggs said. Shortly afterward, as he drove to Savannah, Ga., to teach a class on prosecuting politicians, his Chief Assistant Attorney Georgia Cappleman called him and read the file as he drove.

“We found out we were 11 months behind the event and not much was done and it was turned over to the State Attorney’s Office,” he said. “We worked pretty hard trying to tie up loose ends.”

Meggs was not overtly critical of the Tallahassee Police Department’s handling of the initial complaint at Tuesday’s event, but stressed if a full investigation had been conducted as it should have been early on, the outcome of the case may have been different.

“There is no profit for us to be critical of the police after the fact,” he said. “I’m convinced had we done some things earlier correctly we might have gained more information.”

For example, Meggs said, video recordings from 30 cameras at Potbelly’s, where Winston, two other FSU football players and the woman met that night, could have been obtained. Detectives also likely would have been able to track down the taxicab driver who drove the quartet to Winston’s apartment where the alleged rape occurred.

After Megg’s office received the case from TPD, investigators talked to every cab driver who worked that night, but none recalled the fare.

“I’m sure we talked to the cab driver who drove them away from there, but either he didn’t remember or he didn’t want to be involved, because we talked to everyone,” Meggs said.

Meggs said Winston also could have been identified as the suspect earlier. TPD investigators knew the suspect was with an FSU freshman football player named Chris. Chris Casher, Winston’s roommate at the time, was the only Chris on the team’s roster.

“It would have been pretty easy on Dec. 8, 2012, (the day after the incident) to determine who was involved in this event that happened that night, but that did not occur,” he said.

Winston was not identified as the suspect until Jan. 10, 2013, when the woman realized who he was and contacted TPD herself. Winston was never interviewed by police and the case languished for months until media requests prompted the dormant case to be reactivated.

“Anybody, as my daddy would say, with one eye and half-sense knows there are some things that needed to be done that weren’t done,” Meggs said after the luncheon.

During his talk, Meggs also explained how he orchestrated the news conference announcing his decision to not press charges, including “hiding out” from the media that day, enlisting political consultant Gary Yordon to help and planning the order of who would stand before the sea of cameras.

He recounted how after a quick trip to the bathroom just before the news conference’s 2 p.m. start, he returned to find former state Sen. Al Lawson in his office, offering support. Lawson ended up in the row of officials from his office — something that struck observers as odd at the time.

“He had no idea what I was going to say,” Meggs said of Lawson, whom he thanked for showing up.

Meggs also defended his demeanor at the new conference. He was criticized by some for laughing during the event, but he said he merely gave “smart aleck” answers to dumb questions. The guffaws, he said, came as a reaction from those assembled, not from him.

Meggs closed his talk cryptically.

“We think we figured out what happened (that night), but we aren’t going to tell you,” he said.

After the meeting, he declined to elaborate on his theory. Along with the delayed investigation, he said the victim’s hazy recall of the incident also thwarted prosecution efforts.

“We have a handle on what happened,” Meggs said. “It’s what I think. Nobody cares what I think, it’s what I can prove. If I had evidence to support my theory and we were going forward, I would lay that out.”

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20140423/NEWS01/304230009/

The stench is palpable...

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

« #223 : April 26, 2014, 12:49:46 PM »

Jealousy turns grown men into 7 year old girls.

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
« #224 : April 26, 2014, 12:57:31 PM »

Jealousy turns grown men into 7 year old girls.

Dear Mrs. 10lbbass,

You're one to talk. Every time there's a thread on the Red Board about the Bucs drafting a QB, you turn into a rambling, little baby.

Sincerely,

34-22-2

In many bassin\' circles, trolling is often considered the lowest form of fishing - Jim Porter
  Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 26
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Stench in Tallahassee at FSU ! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools