Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Stench in Tallahassee at FSU ! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 26

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

« #225 : April 26, 2014, 01:01:43 PM »

DH - every time you talk about your Gators you harken back to some place and time when dinosaur's roamed the earth.  I know some of the guys on the Georgia Southern team last season.  They said that a lot of their team didn't travel because they knew they were going to win easy so they rested a lot of their starters for real in conference games that mattered. 

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
« #226 : April 26, 2014, 01:08:03 PM »

DH - every time you talk about your Gators you harken back to some place and time when dinosaur's roamed the earth.  I know some of the guys on the Georgia Southern team last season.  They said that a lot of their team didn't travel because they knew they were going to win easy so they rested a lot of their starters for real in conference games that mattered.

UF has won 10 of the last 7 games played. Didn't realize dinosaurs still roamed around back then, unless you're referring to rides at Universal Studios. Congrats to FSU becoming relevant again after a decade or so.

In many bassin\' circles, trolling is often considered the lowest form of fishing - Jim Porter

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #227 : April 26, 2014, 01:43:59 PM »

34-22-2 just called. They said UF Wins.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #228 : April 26, 2014, 04:45:24 PM »

37-7

14-0

BucsOnDeck88

Pro Bowler

« #229 : April 26, 2014, 11:03:30 PM »

Is anybody really surprised at this stuff? Follow the money. College football is a billion dollar industry and schools want to protect their assets.... much like any other business would. What did you guys think? Superstar athletes are taught to be upstanding, diligent, hard working citizens or risk being thrown out? That sounds kind of fairy tale, wouldn't you say?

Look no further than the professional products of some of these NCAA organizations (Warren Sapp, Adam Jones, Aaron Hernandez, Chris Rainey) and recognize what the reality of the situation is.

Its ok, Ive been here before... - Lovie Smith    ---------     Hes a great coach, hes been there before. - Lavonte David
Hes a great coach.  - Mike Evans

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #230 : April 27, 2014, 10:35:46 AM »

Meggs reflects on Winston case at business meeting

Meggs closed his talk cryptically.

“We think we figured out what happened (that night), but we aren’t going to tell you,” he said.

YEH RIGHT WILLIE!    :o

After the meeting, he declined to elaborate on his theory. Along with the delayed investigation, he said the victim’s hazy recall of the incident also thwarted prosecution efforts.
Is anyone surprised?

“We have a handle on what happened,” Meggs said. “It’s what I think. Nobody cares what I think, it’s what I can prove. If I had evidence to support my theory and we were going forward, I would lay that out.”

Translated:  WINSTON IS COMPLETELY INNOCENT AND THAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF!

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20140423/NEWS01/304230009/

The stench is palpable...

Only when down wind from you or getting close to that halitosis you have been stricken with for life. ;)

As to Megg's or any prosecuting comments on a non- winnable or lost case trying to convict a innocent man such comments are  totally unprofessional and should never be made because they are totally inappropriate.    Of course that certainly should put to rest that Meggs or the TPD would do anything to help or cover up a FSU athletes misdeeds.  Unlike Cervone and Huntley Johnson Meggs and the TPD have always had an adversarial  and condemning attitude to all FSU athletes historically.  Meggs comments certainly affirm that opinion.

Just acting like any Slimy SA or Slimy prosecuting attorney playing to the naive crowd to stupid to recognize someone attempting to TOOT their own horn! Eerily similar to Pseudo- Arrogant gator fans that refuse to face the reality of their 4-8 total embarrassment last year.  Both are LOSERS without character.

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #231 : April 27, 2014, 10:39:43 AM »

Personally, I like to deal with the PRESENT and the gators are in the cesspool of failure at the moment and FSU is at the TOP OF THE WORLD IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL

GO NOLES!! :D

Understand you must not forget history as those that ignore the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat it.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if UF decided to actually run a CLEAN program?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #232 : April 27, 2014, 12:19:55 PM »

34-22-2 just called. They said argument over.

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

« #233 : April 27, 2014, 12:24:41 PM »

Back to the original topic.  Still waiting for the **CENSORED** to hit the fan.  Weird. 

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
« #234 : April 27, 2014, 01:24:18 PM »

Personally, I like to deal with the PRESENT and the gators are in the cesspool of failure at the moment and FSU is at the TOP OF THE WORLD IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL

Understand you must not forget history as those that ignore the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat it.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if UF decided to actually run a CLEAN program?

Yeah. Because FSU is squeaky clean. Sorry, RuTroll, but...
34-22-2!

In many bassin\' circles, trolling is often considered the lowest form of fishing - Jim Porter

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #235 : April 27, 2014, 04:12:11 PM »

34-22-2!

Compared to UF and Miami they are!    Do you really want to compare such things factually?..  Both Miami and UF have been found guilty of a lack of institutional control by the NCAA since Bowden took over the program.   

Please lets go there so I can beat you like a red- headed stepchild!   :D    Though you may wish to flaunt that 34-22-2 record unless you were born before 1976 You better subtract 16 of those wins and perhaps another 5 during the Pell "Cheating years"   Kind of puts things a different perspective don't you think?

So why did Florida stop playing Miami?  LOL 

Is it true gator tastes like chicken?

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
« #236 : April 27, 2014, 05:22:35 PM »

34-22-2!

Compared to UF and Miami they are!    Do you really want to compare such things factually?..  Both Miami and UF have been found guilty of a lack of institutional control by the NCAA since Bowden took over the program.   

Please lets go there so I can beat you like a red- headed stepchild!   :D    Though you may wish to flaunt that 34-22-2 record unless you were born before 1976 You better subtract 16 of those wins and perhaps another 5 during the Pell "Cheating years"   Kind of puts things a different perspective don't you think?

2009 and vacating wins ring a bell? Or was that a different "Free Shoes University"?

34-22-2. Sorry that the truth hurts, princess.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #237 : April 27, 2014, 05:54:49 PM »

Sorry Runole. We stopped listening at 34-22-2 .   

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #238 : April 28, 2014, 02:27:00 PM »

34-22-2!

2009 and vacating wins ring a bell? Or was that a different "Free Shoes University"?

34-22-2. Sorry that the truth hurts, princess.

Obviously you don't understand the charge of a "LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL" and since we are on the subject of Sanctions care to compare Post Season ineligibility ?  Scholarships lost? Major violations?

Free Shoes University... You ever hear of Tank Black  please explain fully how FSU's situation remotely compares to Tank Black.  Oh and let us not forget Hernandez and 21 arrested players during the Tebow years..  Talk about looking the other way...    Does Florida ever hold their football players responsible for any criminal behavior?   Or is that just something mandated every LEAP YEAR?  lol   You indeed are a glutton for punishment.

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #239 : April 28, 2014, 02:35:46 PM »

37-7

14-0

Page: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 26
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Stench in Tallahassee at FSU ! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools