Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Stench in Tallahassee at FSU ! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #30 : December 03, 2013, 12:13:09 AM »

you do realize Miami didn't join til 2006 or 2007 right?

For some reason I was thinking they joined in 2000

also Bowden didn't want to deal with the SEC teams because we had great non-conference schedules every year. we had a top 10 SOS every single year because we kept schools like UF and Miami on the schedule. I don't recall seeing many SEC teams scheduling nonconference slates anywhere near as hard as ours were
FSU was independent. They didn't have great non-conference schedules every year, as they didn't even have a conference schedule at all.

They would have kept UF as an opponent, had they joined the SEC.

From the second article Snook posted:
“I like to win games, and I can’t think of a tougher place to do that than the SEC.” Under the proposed division alignment, Florida State would face Florida, Auburn and Alabama every year, which raised objections from FSU Athletic Director Bob Goin. “Most conferences have got two really strong programs,” Bowden continued, “but top to bottom there isn’t one close to the SEC.”

It was a **CENSORED** move to not join the SEC.

And no, FSU did not have a top 10 SOS every single year. That's just pure bull**CENSORED**.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #31 : December 03, 2013, 12:22:28 AM »

BTW, Snook...... I hate you, and I hate your ass face.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

Snook

Hall of Famer
« #32 : December 03, 2013, 08:23:14 AM »

BTW, Snook...... I hate you, and I hate your ass face.

Cool

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #33 : December 03, 2013, 10:17:24 AM »

I'll give Miyagi some credit. He does possess some good knowledge, but with a little too much bias for my liking.

You need to give FSU credit for the season they've had. And, if you don't think that a Bama-Nole game would be anything less than a 60 minute bloodbath, then you're dillusional. Both great teams......to consider one better than the other is foolish.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

« #34 : December 04, 2013, 04:16:43 PM »

Pick a team to root for, not a conference.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #35 : December 05, 2013, 09:45:12 AM »

This is a stupid cop out from a fan of a team in a weak conference.

You don't root for ACC teams when they play OOC games? Why wouldn't you?

I have a team that I root for.

I also usually root for their conference when they play OOC games, as the conference being strong benefits my team.

« : December 05, 2013, 09:48:35 AM MrFreakinMiyagi »

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #36 : December 05, 2013, 09:50:06 AM »

I also usually root for their conference when they play OOC games, as the conference being strong benefits my team.

Exactly.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #37 : December 05, 2013, 10:17:02 AM »

So you're saying you root for SEC teams when they play against Empire 8 teams.

Gotcha.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #38 : December 05, 2013, 11:26:15 AM »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20131204/florida-state-jameis-winston-case-mishandled/

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #39 : December 05, 2013, 12:58:17 PM »

So you're saying you root for SEC teams when they play against Empire 8 teams.

Gotcha.
You're picking the wrong year to complain about any SEC teams' OOC schedule, Nolefan. In addition to playing in the weakest BCS conference, FSU also had a pathetically weak OOC schedule.

BTW, I didn't bringing up rooting for a conference. Someone else did to deflect from the fact that the ACC sucks. Saying one conference sucks, or is inferior to another =/= rooting. However, I will gladly admit to usually rooting for SEC teams in OOC games. It only makes sense.

And that assclown is straight up lying if he claims to not root for Clemson, when they play USCe, or Tech when they play UGA.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #40 : December 05, 2013, 01:03:28 PM »

Can't help that WVU is a bunch of pussies. Don't ask me about Nevada and Idaho as that doesn't help my case.

Typically, FSU schedules tough OOC games. This year is an exception.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #41 : December 05, 2013, 01:05:12 PM »

Next year's OOC for FSU:

08/30 - Oklahoma State (at Arlington, TX)
09/06 - The Citadel
11/29 - Florida
TBA - Notre Dame

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #42 : December 05, 2013, 01:10:01 PM »

Can't help that WVU is a bunch of pussies. Don't ask me about Nevada and Idaho as that doesn't help my case.

Typically, FSU schedules tough OOC games. This year is an exception.
They should. The ACC sucks.

And now, FSU is enjoying the most success they've had in almost 15 years. It's just happening to coincide with the weakest OOC they've played that I can recall, off the top of my head.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #43 : December 05, 2013, 01:15:08 PM »

Next year's OOC for FSU:

08/30 - Oklahoma State (at Arlington, TX)
Usually an SEC team vs a (projected) tough OOC team in this slot. Glad you give FSU credit for this, but not LSU or Bama.
09/06 - The Citadel
No comment needed

11/29 - Florida
Rivalry game, and again, I guess FSU gets credit for this tough OOC game, but the SEC team does not
TBA - Notre Dame
I might need to be educated on this one, but will this not count as an ACC game next year?

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
« #44 : December 05, 2013, 02:02:54 PM »

Winston not charged.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Stench in Tallahassee at FSU ! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools