Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Stench in Tallahassee at FSU ! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26

Runole

Hall of Famer
#300 : May 21, 2014, 03:58:27 PM

Jameis Winston doesn't appear at teammates' hearing

Neither Casher or Darby requested his presence nor did FSU since the Code of conduct hearing only involved Casher and Darby.   

Now the gator lawyer may have wished to have WInston present but she doesn't have that power. 

Why should Winston be there?    He hasn't been arrested or charged with any crime related to the issue.  Now a few weeks ago he took some crab legs from a Publix without paying and satisfied all legal responsibilities for the citation he was issued.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#301 : May 22, 2014, 09:07:44 AM

FSU using Winston by ignoring off-field issues

Were Jameis Winston a fourth-string punter rather than a first-string quarterback, he almost certainly would have long since been kicked off the Florida State football team, probably for good.

Instead, the Heisman Trophy-winning problem child is being protected by his university and athletics department for the worst reason possible. He is being coddled because of what he can do for them. He brought the school the Heisman and a national title last year, and who knows what goodies he can tack on this coming season. The school's leaders are unabashedly using him, hoping he stays one step ahead of the law long enough to win them more games this coming season.

Sounds harsh? You bet it does. But we all know it's true. How else do we explain a university almost completely abdicating its duties under the law involving the handling of a sexual assault case, much less the care and education of a young man who just turned 20 in January?

If we've learned anything over the past six months in the ugly Winston saga in Tallahassee, it's that nothing not an allegation of sexual assault, not failing to appear when you're expected to testify, not stealing crab legs from the local Publix will stand between the so-called leaders of Florida State and their unending love of their winning football program.

And that goes for you too, Tallahassee police department, letting a sexual assault case sit dormant for nine months, just long enough for Winston to be well on his way to completing that magical Seminole football season.

As this sad story continues to play out in Tallahassee, with no end in sight, it's obvious the people in charge of FSU don't possess the courage to do what they should do with Winston. They should remove him from both the football and baseball teams at least until he answers questions about what happened the night of the alleged sexual assault, as two of his football teammates did at a code of conduct hearing on Tuesday. They should tell him he needs to take time away from both sports to begin to deal with his mushrooming off-the-field problems.

He still could face code-of-conduct violations. His school is under federal review for completely mishandling the rape allegation. And there is the potential of civil action against him and FSU. The kid has barely left his teenage years and already has not one but two attorneys. I don't care how many awards he has won. This is not the way you want to start out life as an adult.

It's well past time for FSU's leaders to provide an example for Winston by actually playing the role they are supposed to play that of adults supervising young people and showing him he is worth more to FSU as a person than just as an athlete. They should stop letting him slide. They should tell him the only course of action is to show up and tell the truth, come what may.

But now he's all lawyered up, so that's not going to happen. He's all but untouchable now.

When Winston stole the crab legs, FSU did the right thing, at least for a little while. He was suspended from the baseball team, where he is a relief pitcher for all of four days. He was back in plenty of time to finish up the regular season and play in this week's Atlantic Coast Conference tournament. I'm sure that comes as a shock to absolutely no one. It's the FSU way.

This sad story of the enablement, entitlement and abandonment of Winston has its authors: former FSU president Eric Barron, now at Penn State; interim president Garnett Stokes; athletics director Stan Wilcox; and football coach Jimbo Fisher.

Those are the people who have done what they wanted for themselves and their football program, while doing almost nothing for an immature young athlete who so desperately needed the ethical guidance and moral leadership they never supplied.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/brennan/2014/05/21/jameis-winston-florida-state-university-assault-allegations/9396459/

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

#302 : May 22, 2014, 09:26:54 AM

"What if I told you... you can fail drug tests, assault others and shoot someone in the head and still never make the news or miss a game playing for Urban Meyer" - 30 for 30 - The Liar Years in Hogtown.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#303 : May 22, 2014, 01:09:23 PM

FSU using Winston by ignoring off-field issues

Were Jameis Winston a fourth-string punter rather than a first-string quarterback, he almost certainly would have long since been kicked off the Florida State football team, probably for good.

Well since Winston was indeed a 3rd or 4th string QB when the complaint occurred it is obvious that the author is misinformed on the whole issue.

For a more informed review of the recent code of conduct hearing for Casher and Darby I give you this link...

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2014/5/20/5735852/chris-casher-ronald-darby-hearings-florida-state-fsu-punishment-winston

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#304 : July 10, 2014, 10:46:59 AM

Florida State wide receiver Jesus Wilson arrested on grand theft charges

Florida State wide receiver Jesus Wilson was arrested on Wednesday by campus police and charged with one count of grand theft of a vehicle -- a motor scooter, according to court records.

The Leon County Sherrif's web site shows that Wilson was taken into custody but is no longer an inmate, indicating that he has bonded out. The chain of events began when Wilson allegedly saw the motor scooter parked on the campus June 11 and took it when he noticed the keys were in the ignition.

Wilson crashed the scooter, valued at $1,000. Grand theft is for items valued at more than $100.

The crime for which Wilson is alleged to have committed is a third-degree felony, meaning he will be suspended from team activities until the issue is resolved or down-graded to a misdemeanor.
Florida State associate athletic director for communications Rob Wilson (no relation) said the school was preparing a statement.

Wilson, an incoming sophomore, was going to be in the mix for a starting position for the defending national champions. He caught three passes for 23 yards and returned eight punts for 89 yards last season. He is from Miami and went to Columbus High School.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/bcs-championship/2014-07-10/story/florida-state-wide-receiver-jesus-wilson-arrested

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#305 : July 10, 2014, 10:58:52 AM

Barring some information not released by FSU policy...

With such a felony charge Wilson is suspended from the FSU football team.  Novel Concept! 

From what I have read ARRESTED and CHARGED! and off the team.

While we could pray for a misdemeanor I doubt that will work in this case.  Believe it was a motor scooter.   3rd degree felony is a bit interesting..  Stay tuned...

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

#306 : July 10, 2014, 11:01:46 AM

With such a felony charge Wilson is suspended from the FSU football team.  Novel Concept! 

While we could pray for a misdemeanor I doubt that will work in this case.  Believe it was a motor scooter.   3rd degree felony is a bit interesting..  Stay tuned...

Don't need him, he's gone either way.  We are so loaded at WR, that even Jesus won't make a difference.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#307 : July 10, 2014, 02:33:45 PM

Don't need him, he's gone either way.  We are so loaded at WR, that even Jesus won't make a difference.

agree..   Dumb but as is the case when FSU athletes are arrested and charged they face consequences.   He was scheduled to be the designated to be FSU's punt returner ... next man up...  He let down the team and himself.  Hopefully, he will learn from the experience that crime doesn't pay. 

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#308 : July 10, 2014, 03:30:13 PM

Can you smell that stench at Free Scooter University??
: July 10, 2014, 04:04:32 PM Dolorous Jason

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#309 : July 10, 2014, 09:31:22 PM

37-7

Runole

Hall of Famer
#310 : July 11, 2014, 07:02:04 AM

It sure smells sweeter than a university that condones, coddles, and nurtures Murderers as part of its educational mission statement. Hey UF even honors them on this months calendar!

One of those top 1% that Urban claimed and UF celebrates this month!!

: July 13, 2014, 11:02:47 AM Runole

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#311 : July 11, 2014, 08:06:25 AM

Can you smell it ??

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#312 : July 11, 2014, 10:00:25 AM

It sure smells sweeter than a university that condones, coddles, and nurtures Murderers as part of its educational mission statement.
can you link that educational mission statement for us? Thanks.  Or better yet just paste it here, less clicks.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

#313 : July 11, 2014, 11:39:07 AM

"What if I told you... you can fail drug tests, assault others and shoot someone in the head and still never make the news or miss a game playing for Urban Meyer" - 30 for 30 - The Liar Years in Hogtown.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#314 : July 11, 2014, 01:38:09 PM

Can you smell it , Free Scooter University ??

Page: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Stench in Tallahassee at FSU ! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools