Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LMAO ALABAMA « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 17

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 01, 2013, 06:57:51 PM

Precedent or not undefeated BCS team should be in over 1 loss team from any conference.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 01, 2013, 07:05:39 PM

Precedent or not undefeated BCS team should be in over 1 loss team from any conference.

Why ?? Look at the SEC track record in BCS championship games. 6 straight National Champions. Hardest Conference to win BY FAR.  You telling me they dont deserve to have their champion represented  this year after 6 straight national championships??  I don't buy it.

The best two teams should play , not the best two records , otherwise you reward teams for playing a candy ass schedule.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#17 : December 01, 2013, 08:53:50 PM

A undefeated SEC team will get in over a undefeated Big 10 team.

A one loss SEC team will get in over a one loss Big 10 team.

A one loss SEC team will not get in over a undefeated Big 10 team.

I can't wait for the BCS system to be over, though.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 02, 2013, 07:02:56 AM

FML

A bit poetry for the occasion.....

'Twas the night after Auburn
and all through the land,
not a "Roll Tide" was uttered
by a Crimson Tide fan.
-
They used to be boisterous,
they used to be loud,
they used to be boastful,
and cokky and proud.   ( Deliberately misspelled due to censorship)
-
But they lost all their swagger,
they lost all their swing.
For one little second
had changed everything.
-
The score it was even.
The clock had run dry.
When Nicholas Saban
then started to cry.
-
He demanded a second
be put on the clock.
The worse that could happen?
A miss or a block.
-
But fate it is fickle,
and greed has a price,
and what happened next
just wasn't too nice.
-
The previous kicks,
wide left and wide right.
So he put in a rookie,
'twas not very bright.
-
The kick was a boomer
of 56 yards,
but the extra yard needed
was not in the cards.
-
And back in the end zone
a lone Tiger stood.
He caught that ol' football,
he caught it real good.
-
He started to run,
he heard the cheers grow.
The Crimson Tide offense?
Too fat and too slow.
-
One hundred and nine
he ran for a score.
If needed he could have
run one hundred more
-
The crowd it erupted
while storming the field.
The Crimson Tide's season
was settled and sealed.
-
A cry of "War Eagle"
soon echoed the plain.
Nick Saban's expression
was one of pure pain.
-
And up in Ohio
they shouted "Go Bucks"
For it gave hope to all
well except for the Ducks.
-
And in Tuscaloosa
you could hear a pin drop.
And in Tallahassee
a tomahawk chop.
-
For the night after Auburn
the Tide had been rolled.
The new boss in town
wears garnet and gold.
: December 02, 2013, 07:29:07 AM Runole

Runole

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 02, 2013, 07:46:34 AM

Could this be freaky?   Sure sounds like something he would post!   LOL

OH and the FG wasn't blocked!  LOL
: December 02, 2013, 07:50:18 AM Runole

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 02, 2013, 09:50:42 AM

LOL, you've been trolled.

That's a Kentucky fan, genius.  Check his youtube channel.

Good luck against Duke!!

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 02, 2013, 09:52:53 AM

I look forward to the excitement of a (kinda) playoff system, but you really can't argue with the results of the BCS system.

The best team has been awarded the championship the vast majority of each of the BCS years.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 02, 2013, 10:17:11 AM

Why ?? Look at the SEC track record in BCS championship games. 6 straight National Champions. Hardest Conference to win BY FAR.  You telling me they dont deserve to have their champion represented  this year after 6 straight national championships??  I don't buy it.

The best two teams should play , not the best two records , otherwise you reward teams for playing a candy ass schedule.

So we punish a team because their conference is "weaker" (perception or reality)?   Then why have conferences at all?  Auburn lost to a 3 loss team.  That's on them.   Alabama blew that game.  That's on them.   If Ohio State and FSU win next week they should play for the national title.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 02, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

I look forward to the excitement of a (kinda) playoff system, but you really can't argue with the results of the BCS system.

The best team has been awarded the championship the vast majority of each of the BCS years.

Thing is now instead of arguing about the top 2 teams we will argue about the top 4.  Name 'em this year? OSU, FSU, BAMA and say the magic finally dies for Auburn, who has been as much lucky as good this year, who is your 4th? 

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 02, 2013, 12:25:52 PM

Good luck against Duke!!

GAME! SET! MATCH.!....   DID I state anywhere that he was a legitimate BAMA Fan...  I knew it was a Kentucky fan long before I posted it and got the perfect response expected from you...  Thanks again for proving my point!  LOL

You are such a Silly Bama Sycophant / Rube     I merely stated that this was probably you after Saturday nights game and once again you didn't disappoint with your reply!    OWNED again!    :P :D.

Hey as an FSU fan during the Dynasty years FSU missed out many times with one loss when they deserved to be in the MNC game.... Deal with it!   LOL

Runole

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 02, 2013, 12:32:03 PM

These SEC sycophants crack me up.... Without a CFB playoff it has always been pretty much a fraud in the way its champion is chosen.  That is why  I call it a MNC game because it is indeed mythical.
The NCAA agrees and there is no NCAA trophy in the FBS.

The subjective reasoning and opinion based champions has finally been changed to a 4 team playoff because of the nonsense that has occurred throughout the BCS era.   Hopefully eventually it will be at least an 8 team or 16 team playoff so that the FBS can actually join every other level of football that has it right  with playoffs!

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 02, 2013, 12:41:01 PM

Good luck against Duke!!

GAME! SET! MATCH.!....   DID I state anywhere that he was a legitimate BAMA Fan...  I knew it was a Kentucky fan long before I posted it and got the perfect response expected from you...  Thanks again for proving my point!  LOL

You are such a Silly Bama Sycophant / Rube     I merely stated that this was probably you after Saturday nights game and once again you didn't disappoint with your reply!    OWNED again!    :P :D.

Hey as an FSU fan during the Dynasty years FSU missed out many times with one loss when they deserved to be in the MNC game.... Deal with it!   LOL
CAPS! CAPS! CAPS!

EMOTICON! EMOTICON!

Runole

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 02, 2013, 12:44:37 PM

Good luck against Duke!!

CAPS! CAPS! CAPS!

EMOTICON! EMOTICON!

Hey since you have reading comprehension issues, I figure pictures might provide with you a better understanding!   Obviously it is working! 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 02, 2013, 12:52:41 PM

Lying, disingenuous troll ..... and hypocrite

Fact

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 02, 2013, 12:57:29 PM

Bama choked.  Auburn lost to an LSU team that lost 3 times.   We need a real playoff, but there isn't one so undefeated BCS conference teams go over 1 loss teams.  Sorry.   Maybe OSU will lose next week to Michigan State.  Could happen.

Not necessarily. There is precedent for a 1 loss SEC champion to leap frog an undefeated team in the BCS rankings....and rightly so.

i disagree. as much as i hate OSU, if they finish undefeated they deserve to be there. Auburn hasnt impressed me much either this year. two fluky wins and a lot of close wins doesnt mean anything to me. the georgia game should have been a loss and it amazes me they lost
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LMAO ALABAMA « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools