Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LMAO ALABAMA « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 02, 2013, 01:00:00 PM

These SEC sycophants crack me up.... Without a CFB playoff it has always been pretty much a fraud in the way its champion is chosen.  That is why  I call it a MNC game because it is indeed mythical.
The NCAA agrees and there is no NCAA trophy in the FBS.

The subjective reasoning and opinion based champions has finally been changed to a 4 team playoff because of the nonsense that has occurred throughout the BCS era.   Hopefully eventually it will be at least an 8 team or 16 team playoff so that the FBS can actually join every other level of football that has it right  with playoffs!
I love a playoff system, and it makes for great entertainment for crowning a champion, but in terms of finding out who the actual BEST team over the span of a season goes, it has proven to be less accurate than the BCS system. The most obvious recent example of this is the NY Giants win over the NE in the SB. The Giants were nowhere near the best team in the league that year, but they went home with the trophy.

I know you HATE the BCS, because of recent domination by the SEC, and the emphasis it puts on teams to actually play decent competition throughout the season, but tell me..... How many times has someone other than the best team in football gone home empty handed in the BCS era?

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 02, 2013, 01:00:34 PM

Precedent or not undefeated BCS team should be in over 1 loss team from any conference.

Why ?? Look at the SEC track record in BCS championship games. 6 straight National Champions. Hardest Conference to win BY FAR.  You telling me they dont deserve to have their champion represented  this year after 6 straight national championships??  I don't buy it.

The best two teams should play , not the best two records , otherwise you reward teams for playing a candy ass schedule.

if we're going by the best 2 teams then Alabama should face FSU.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 02, 2013, 01:14:29 PM

Precedent or not undefeated BCS team should be in over 1 loss team from any conference.

Why ?? Look at the SEC track record in BCS championship games. 6 straight National Champions. Hardest Conference to win BY FAR.  You telling me they dont deserve to have their champion represented  this year after 6 straight national championships??  I don't buy it.

The best two teams should play , not the best two records , otherwise you reward teams for playing a candy ass schedule.

This is true, but Bama blew their shot.

It's **CENSORED**ty, but that's the way things go when you actually play competition with a pulse, unlike FSU and OSU.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 02, 2013, 01:27:15 PM

It's **CENSORED**ty, but that's the way things go when you actually play competition with a pulse, unlike FSU and OSU.

right  ::)

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 02, 2013, 02:39:56 PM

You're right..... It doesn't ALWAYS go that way. LSU played a BRUTAL undefeated regular season schedule in 2011, and came out unscathed until they met Bama in the BCS championship game. Bama went undefeated in 2009 playing a tough schedule. Same with AU in 2010.

FSU is a 29 point favorite in the ACC Championship game...... 29 points!

Unheard of. What a pathetic conference.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#35 : December 02, 2013, 02:49:24 PM

The roar on the CFB mb's here in the South has been comical the last two days.  What would really be fun is if MSU beat tOSU, and Mizzou beat Auburn.  Then Mizzou would have the points to jump ahead of Bama based on CCG.

All for not.  I see FSU and tOSU both winning and getting in.  Not because they are the two best (up for debtate) but because they are the two most deserving based on Zero losses.  When has the BCS ever been about the two bes?.  It has always been about the two most deserving.  Hence the hated for the BCS.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 02, 2013, 03:19:55 PM

FSU is currently the best team and there is no doubt. if you think otherwise then maybe you should listen to what every sports analyst has to say

the issue comes at #2 and thats where the debate begins

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 02, 2013, 03:21:16 PM

You're right..... It doesn't ALWAYS go that way. LSU played a BRUTAL undefeated regular season schedule in 2011, and came out unscathed until they met Bama in the BCS championship game. Bama went undefeated in 2009 playing a tough schedule. Same with AU in 2010.

FSU is a 29 point favorite in the ACC Championship game...... 29 points!

Unheard of. What a pathetic conference.

we cant help that theres a 3 way tie in the Coastal division. im honestly surprised the spread is that low

just curious but what team are you a fan of

ranman

Pro Bowler
#38 : December 02, 2013, 03:35:06 PM

FSU is currently the best team and there is no doubt. if you think otherwise then maybe you should listen to what every sports analyst has to say

Maybe, although the Analysts are in agreement that FSU does have the weakest sos. They just blew them out unlike OSU. 

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#39 : December 02, 2013, 03:40:05 PM

Yeah, Miyagi, who the hell do you root for?

Or, does the mere thought of ACC football give you wood?

I'm thinking the latter with your obsession with ACC football.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#40 : December 02, 2013, 03:43:19 PM

West Virginia flaked on FSU this year, which is why they had to schedule Idaho/BCC (one of those 2......i forget which). At least, with WVU instead of BCC/Idaho (and they would have slaughtered WVU), the SOS would significantly increase.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 02, 2013, 04:31:25 PM

Every sports analyst, huh? How do you have the time to read/watch/listen to every sports article/show in existence?

It's tough to get a read on a team that plays nobody.

That's why so many sports analysts ride Oregon's **CENSORED** every year, until they play a defense with a pulse.

FSU played one decent defense all year, and it was UF. However, their offense is so putrid, the inability for them to sustain drives took its toll on the defense, which actually hung in well for a half of football. Really UF possibly could have held FSU to 10 points in the first half. The second (I believe) Benjamin TD never should have counted.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#42 : December 02, 2013, 04:33:39 PM

And your favorite team is?

Yes, Miyagi, I am asking you who the hell it is you root for in college football.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#43 : December 02, 2013, 04:36:32 PM

I can't wait for the BCS system to be over, though.
I look forward to the excitement of a (kinda) playoff system, but you really can't argue with the results of the BCS system.

The best team has been awarded the championship the vast majority of each of the BCS years.

Thing is now instead of arguing about the top 2 teams we will argue about the top 4.  Name 'em this year? OSU, FSU, BAMA and say the magic finally dies for Auburn, who has been as much lucky as good this year, who is your 4th?

Yeah, I don't think top 4 goes far enough.  There should be a 8 team playoff system.
Conference winners from ACC, Big 12, Big 10, Pac 12, and SEC

Then 3 of the next best teams.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 02, 2013, 04:37:24 PM

Yeah, Miyagi, who the hell do you root for?

Or, does the mere thought of ACC football give you wood?

I'm thinking the latter with your obsession with ACC football.
I'm a fan of the best college football program ever.

The ACC certainly doesn't "give me wood". I'm not a fan of **CENSORED**ty stuff.

I can see you're butthurt hearing the truth about the worst BCS conference.

No worries. The worst conference vey well might have the best team. Just sucks they'll probably not get to really prove it against Bama.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LMAO ALABAMA « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools